New creatures! 1501-1504

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: New creatures! 1501-1504

Post by trystan830 »

PrincessOfVampires wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:52:43 pmYou can find if breedings gave you items in your Records. For more info: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?t=233833
oh thanks!
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: the Fae Keeper by H.E. Edgmon (#27) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:29:35 pm
trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:26:59 pm
Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:22:54 pmI just attempted to breed two normal Farir and got the uninterested result, but I did get a Vial of Life! So the breeding does not need to result in an egg for the item to have a chance to drop at all. :)
oh that's good to know! thanks!
I also just bred normal Farir x normal Farir, got Vials, but I bred a normal x Hazel and didn't get any. But when I bred Hazel x Hazel, I got more Vials. Interesting... Also, when I bred the normal x Hazel, I DID get Crossing Stones. So maybe you can't get both at once?

Edit: Bred some of my Phoenixes, I only got Ashen Feathers. Interesting.
You can only get one item from a breeding, so if you're aiming to get the vials of life, breedings that can give you other items as well are worse. My experience has been that I get vials of life way less often than anything else that can drop. Otherwise my koi and phoenix armies would be unstoppable life vial machines :lol:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
BeeNme
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by BeeNme »

Kestrad wrote: May 21st, 2024, 12:17:20 pm
trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:26:59 pm oh that's good to know! thanks!
I also just bred normal Farir x normal Farir, got Vials, but I bred a normal x Hazel and didn't get any. But when I bred Hazel x Hazel, I got more Vials. Interesting... Also, when I bred the normal x Hazel, I DID get Crossing Stones. So maybe you can't get both at once?

You can only get one item from a breeding, so if you're aiming to get the vials of life, breedings that can give you other items as well are worse. My experience has been that I get vials of life way less often than anything else that can drop. Otherwise my koi and phoenix armies would be unstoppable life vial machines :lol:
My Angora Jackalope are great at dropping Life Vials - I tend to get 8 vials out of 10 breedings.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishlist:
Spoiler
Tanzanite Gemstone Kirin, White Cukurba, Catalana Dismot, White or Piebald Cervinus Deer, Angora Jackalope, Ouranian Koi, Arkenian Sakeira, winged cats
Dream creatures: Silver Alicanto, Calico Tienko
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:26:59 pm
Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:22:54 pmI just attempted to breed two normal Farir and got the uninterested result, but I did get a Vial of Life! So the breeding does not need to result in an egg for the item to have a chance to drop at all. :)
oh that's good to know! thanks!

The mechanics of what kinds of breedings give what kind of items has been clarified over here: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... #p23709989 ^_^
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Oh, thank you so much for clarifying and linking! Appreciate it. :D
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️

ImageImageImageImageImage
TheWolfieNebula
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheWolfieNebula »

*waves goodbye to the Selenics and Helians in the Stream* :t-wave:

Once everything of my has hatched, I’ll have to do a count to see how many I grabbed in the end XD
Sometimes a sparkle-fennec fox, sometimes a werewolf, always a nerd. My timezone is BST

Fav Creatures!:
I love any wolf/dog/canid creatures the absolute mostest!!
25/25 Gifts - thank you all!! <3

Others:
ImageImageImageImage
(Finally got my Eclipse babies!!) :woo:
*~*
ImageImageImageImageImage
*~*
Feel free to mine the other eggs and hatchlings in my keep’s main tab! :bounce:

ImageImage Image
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

TheWolfieNebula wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 1:59:28 am *waves goodbye to the Selenics and Helians in the Stream* :t-wave:

Once everything of my has hatched, I’ll have to do a count to see how many I grabbed in the end XD
I ended up with 30 hatchlings of each, 2 adults of each, and a 0.00% frozen Helian hatchling

Hopefully enough for awhile :lol:
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Selenics & Helian Eclipse are too gorgeous! :t-swoon:
I really wish I could've snapped more up, I was so super sick the mid-late Spring. T_T
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!
RicFule
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by RicFule »

I'm just sad that you can't breed a Helian with a Helian, or a Selenic with a Selenic. I had plans to do that for both, but they only breed with the other species.

25/25 Presents I'm full up. Thanks everyone
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

RicFule wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:20:16 am I'm just sad that you can't breed a Helian with a Helian, or a Selenic with a Selenic. I had plans to do that for both, but they only breed with the other species.
Usually no new creatures can breed right from the get go at all, and the ability for them to breeding is enabled some time later. For creatures that produce hybrids right from the start, the ability to breed those hybrids is enabled right away but the ability to breed more of the creatures themselves only gets enabled some time later. :italian:

Return to “Community Discussion”