Creatures 358: Prasinis Wyrm 359-360: Taedan Gryphons

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Creatures 358: Prasinis Wyrm 359-360: Taedan Gryphons

Post by vampiric »

GB Creatures!

Artist: GlassWalker

Prasinis Wyrms 358
This little candy smells strongly of mint, but for some reason you hesitate to eat it.

No sprite differences

No sprite differences

Hatchling Description
Spoiler
Prasinis wyrms are very intelligent, from the moment they are born. They are incredibly inventive, and most of their time is spent thinking up new things to do. Anyone visiting one of these little wyrms will likely see them engrossed in creating a new game, or learning about the world around them. Prasinis wyrm hatchlings love the snow, and will spend hours creating slippery surfaces on hills, which they slide down over and over. Sometimes they labor away and make unique structures on these slides, which shoot them into the air, and into a pile of snow, or frigid water. Unlike adults, they don't mind swimming at all, though as they grow older they remain on land more often.

Adult Description
Spoiler
Once reaching adulthood, prasinis wyrm companions have grown magnificently large. They tower over humans, and are strong enough to rip trees from the earth, should they so desire. Prasinis wyrms are smooth and cold to the touch, and are pure white save for the bright stripes running down their sides. Males and females are both equally strong, but it seems that females are more intelligent, whereas males are more inclined to fight. They are powerful fighters, and often battle one another over simple things – a berry bush, or a particularly interesting icicle. These fights are never brutal, and are merely for fun. It's not easy to spot these elusive companions in play, but it is well worth it. Huge wyrms wrestling in the snow with abandon, as if they were energetic hatchlings once again. Female prasinis wyrms are less boisterous, and simply offer a delicacy or two to any other wyrms they encounter. Receiving a berry or fruit from a prasinis wyrm is high praise, and the fruit is always most succulent, filling whomever eats it with great energy, and a desire to remain in the north. Of course, humans cannot survive in the harsh Arkene for long, not without shelter. Prasinis wyrms themselves live in very unique homes. Depending on the nature of the wyrm, these homes are built on iceburgs, on cliffs, or even underground. People often remark that these dwellings resemble castles, with thick walls and turrets. Of course, they are constructed from snow rather than stone, and are ringed with huge icicles that make even the most adventurous humans rethink investigating too closely.

General Description
Spoiler
These strange companions are not often seen, as they are only found where snow continually falls. They are secretive creatures, and keep to themselves, avoiding human settlements. If one should spot a prasinis wyrm, it is best to remain perfectly still. Should the creature slowly approach, then it is a sign that they deem the person safe - or at least interesting. It's pointless to try and sneak up on wyrm, as one of their powers alerts them of everything occurring nearby. Prasinis wyrms possess a keen sense of smell, and are aware of what surrounds them at all times - even miles and miles away. This skill is powerful, even though the land is covered by a thick coat of snow. It is how these wyrms travel, as every scent is a clear landmark. This skill is also how they are able to find specific food even in the harshest of environments. Prasinis wyrms are only eat sweet foods – mostly the odd berries and fruits that somehow grow in the frigid Arkene. Unlike other creatures, these wyrms do not collect their food, but simply eat whenever they come across a meal. Prasinis wyrms also consume massive amounts of snow every day, and only their hatchlings will touch thawed water. It's generally agreed upon that they gather strength from the cold and snow, though how this came to be is unknown. Their past is a mystery, and there are no books in the library holding any information on them.

In the Stream.

Artist(s): DarrkestDrow with some edits by Cassowary (Concept art by ShadowDragon07)
Creature concept: ShadowDragon07
Descriptions: Damien

Creature 359
Red Taedan Gryphon
This egg has red and white stripes on it.

Male/Female have same sprite

Creature 360
Green Taedan Gryphon

This egg has green and white stripes on it.

Hatchling description:
Spoiler
Taedan gryphon hatchlings are nothing more than bundles of energy. When they're not busy waging war against each other, they're inventing new, noisy games. One such game is tunneling through snow, and popping out in random places, spraying snow everywhere and startling any nearby people. These mischievous younglings love surprising people, and are patient enough to be quite skillful at it. Those with green plumage can blend in with almost any green plant, while those with red sometimes suddenly lose their color and hide in snow. They will lurk there for hours, waiting for some unsuspecting person to walk by. When the victim finally appears, the hatchling springs out of hiding, crying out in a hideous squawk and pecking away. Once the recipient of this attack has recovered, the hatchling clumsily flies away, sometimes crashing into things, as they are too busy chortling to navigate very well.

Adult description:
Spoiler
As a taedan gryphon hatchling grows, it can double or even triple in size. Vibrant plumage becomes thick as the gryphon's wings strengthen, and a grown gryphons can fly for hours on end without tiring. These companions carry passengers with ease, and if asked politely, will give their magi a ride. Though these companions are hesitant to reveal themselves to most people, they strike up friendships very easily with magi. Taedan gryphons do not migrate as other birds do, but move further north when the weather turns warmer. At the edge of the forest, a small strip of land remains permanently covered with snow, and the temperature suits the gryphons well. When forced to go into warmer climates, taedan gryphons become sluggish and surly, and no one is sure what would become of them if they remained for too long. The Keep is safe enough for them to visit during the depths of winter, and they do so now and again. Whenever they arrive, they are given sweet candies, which they are extremely fond of. Rowdy taedan gryhon hatchlings will even raid the castle for these delicacies. Sometimes these treats are stockpiled for future use, as males use them to woo females. Once bonded, gryphons remain together until the end of their days. Mates live together in nests, which are nearly impossible to spot. Taedan gryphons create some of the most unique nests, and guard them with their lives. It is incredibly difficult to catch even the smallest glimpse of one of these nests, yet it is well worth the effort. They are delicately woven from holly and pine needles, and are thought to take months, if not years, to create.

General Description:
Spoiler
Though they look quite different, taedan gryphons share many similarities with other types of gryphons. They possess the same temperaments, hunt in the same areas, and travel freely through one another's territories. Despite this friendliness, taedan gryphons have never been seen living among other gryphons. Instead, they prefer the most northern edges of the forest, where winter comes early and lingers late. Taedan gryphons blend in seamlessly with the numerous pine trees growing there, and even eat the needles of these trees. They also prey upon small animals, but seem to prefer munching on holly berries and leaves. Instead of drinking water as most creatures do, these colorful gryphons prefer to nibble at ice to satisfy their thirst. Only hatchlings have any interest in water. Despite their size and fighting abilities, taedan gryphons like to stick to shadows, and hide whenever they see humans. These gryphons have the unique ability to blend in with snow or trees, but do so most effectively with pine trees. The feathers of taedan gryphons shorten and seemingly change into pine needles, and even their silvery markings fade to resemble snow. Those with brilliant red plumage like to take refuge in holly bushes, their coloring fading away until they are nearly invisible. One could walk so close as to brush against a taedan gryphon and still not be aware of their presence.
Last edited by vampiric on December 25th, 2012, 10:55:38 am, edited 21 times in total.
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
Kitsuune
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: In a Fairy Tale.. Somewhere too far for you to find..

Re: Creatures ??? and ???

Post by Kitsuune »

358 - 360.
I'm a Renegade, it's in my blood...
*Always collecting: Kitsune, Anaugi, Rewin, Tenebre Fox, Kittens, Vosmari*
Ƭнɛ ɢιяℓ σғ тнɛ Ɖαωи ωιтн ɛʏɛƨ σғ вℓʋɛ αи∂ αиɢɛℓ ωιиɢƨ...
Kitsune Army: 5056~

...I'm a Renegade, I always was.
Slipstream
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Slipstream »

Griffins!
Wolfwing
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfwing »

Candy gryphons! :D (I think) :lol:
Always LTB kitsune hatchlings and pheonix simurghs Feel free to PM me about things in my various "for sale" tabs Sprite art by Seabra
Kitsuune
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kitsuune »

Still missing 1, I think? 358, 359, 360. I only see 2 in the stream? Unless I'm wrong. lol.

Zs99
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zs99 »

Kitsuune wrote:Still missing 1, I think? 358, 359, 360. I only see 2 in the stream? Unless I'm wrong. lol.
Maybe the other one is the GB creature for this Christmas :O? Just a guess xD
Buying Phoenix Arkai, not sure what amount of gold to offer for them
Feel free to offer on creatures in my 'For Sale' tab.
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creatures 358-360

Post by vampiric »

What's 360?
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
Kitsuune
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kitsuune »

Zs99 wrote:
Kitsuune wrote:Still missing 1, I think? 358, 359, 360. I only see 2 in the stream? Unless I'm wrong. lol.
Maybe the other one is the GB creature for this Christmas :O? Just a guess xD
Perhaps. =o :3

SwanRaven
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by SwanRaven »

THEY LOOK LIKE CANDY!
BriarReed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by BriarReed »

New Gryphons! I'm waaaay to thrilled for these. Happy surprise after a foul day. :D

Return to “Community Discussion”