New creatures! 1501-1504

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: New creatures! 1501-1504

Post by darksouls »

trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 9:40:46 pm
PrincessOfVampires wrote: May 20th, 2024, 3:20:05 pmBreeding Enhance Potions.
how does one get these? I checked my inventory, and i don't have any.
(i also have to get some Donec fishies.... i only have one gender change potion left!)
You need a Vial of Life and a Crossing Stone, and then you can craft one via crafting, accessible from your inventory page. :)

Breeding Life element creatures can give you a Vial of Life. (Farir and Viridis Crabs are great for this!)
Breeding two creatures of different species, regardless of if they produce an exclusive hybrid, can get you Crossing Stones.
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.
... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️

ImageImageImageImageImage
trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:03:02 pmYou need a Vial of Life and a Crossing Stone, and then you can craft one via crafting, accessible from your inventory page. :)

Breeding Life element creatures can give you a Vial of Life. (Farir and Viridis Crabs are great for this!)
Breeding two creatures of different species, regardless of if they produce an exclusive hybrid, can get you Crossing Stones.
oh awesome, thanks! turns out, i have a number of Crossing Stones. i just need some Vials of Life. I'll have to take a look at the Life element creatures I have, and go form there. thanks so much!
Free Critters! message me with which ones you want
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
reading: the Fae Keeper by H.E. Edgmon (#27) | watching: Severance
she/her | discord: trystan830
IFN | dragoncave | trisphee | ravelry | goodreads
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:07:32 pm
Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:03:02 pmYou need a Vial of Life and a Crossing Stone, and then you can craft one via crafting, accessible from your inventory page. :)

oh awesome, thanks! i have a number fo Crossing Stones. i just need some Vials of Life. I'll have to take a look at the Life element creatures I have, and go form there. thanks so much!
I'd also like to note I get more Vials from creatures who have Life as their first element. (Life/Void, for the Farir for example) I don't really know if or when I've gotten Vials from the Phoenixes and I haven't tried to breed my Viridis Crabs for this purpose yet. (Fire/Life and Void/Life respectively)

I also can't remember if a breeding must be successful to get these items to drop or if just the attempt matters. I'll try in a bit once I'm not egg locked and update you. :)
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.

trystan830
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:09:52 pmI'd also like to note I get more Vials from creatures who have Life as their first element. (Life/Void, for the Farir for example) I don't really know if or when I've gotten Vials from the Phoenixes and I haven't tried to breed my Viridis Crabs for this purpose yet. (Fire/Life and Void/Life respectively)

I also can't remember if a breeding must be successful to get these items to drop or if just the attempt matters. I'll try in a bit once I'm not egg locked and update you. :)
great, thanks!
i also have some of the Life CWs from last year that i can breed and see what happens.... eventually. i have some Selenic and Helian CWs I'm hatching in the meantime XD
~*~*~
She changes everything She touches, and everything She touches, changes ~ Starhawk
Image Image
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

I just attempted to breed two normal Farir and got the uninterested result, but I did get a Vial of Life! So the breeding does not need to result in an egg for the item to have a chance to drop at all. :)

trystan830
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:22:54 pmI just attempted to breed two normal Farir and got the uninterested result, but I did get a Vial of Life! So the breeding does not need to result in an egg for the item to have a chance to drop at all. :)
oh that's good to know! thanks!
~*~*~
Image Image
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

trystan830 wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:26:59 pm
Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:22:54 pmI just attempted to breed two normal Farir and got the uninterested result, but I did get a Vial of Life! So the breeding does not need to result in an egg for the item to have a chance to drop at all. :)
oh that's good to know! thanks!
I also just bred normal Farir x normal Farir, got Vials, but I bred a normal x Hazel and didn't get any. But when I bred Hazel x Hazel, I got more Vials. Interesting... Also, when I bred the normal x Hazel, I DID get Crossing Stones. So maybe you can't get both at once?

Edit: Bred some of my Phoenixes, I only got Ashen Feathers. Interesting.

trystan830
CreaturesTrade

Post by trystan830 »

Ardroth wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:29:35 pmI also just bred normal Farir x normal Farir, got Vials, but I bred a normal x Hazel and didn't get any. But when I bred Hazel x Hazel, I got more Vials. Interesting... Also, when I bred the normal x Hazel, I DID get Crossing Stones. So maybe you can't get both at once?

Edit: Bred some of my Phoenixes, I only got Ashen Feathers. Interesting.
oh very interesting.
I'm going to try my Life CWs

update: bred 3 pairs of Life CWs. 2 eggs, 1 not interested, and 2 Vials of Life.
interesting.
~*~*~
Image Image
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

You can find if breedings gave you items in your Records. For more info: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?t=233833

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
Donec
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

PrincessOfVampires wrote: May 20th, 2024, 11:52:43 pm You can find if breedings gave you items in your Records. For more info: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?t=233833
Oh! Awesome, thank you! :D

Return to “Community Discussion”