Creature 1505: Crystal Gobbler

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature 1505: Crystal Gobbler

Post by Airasyraye »

Such a lovely creature, such an unlovely disposition.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
rallis
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by rallis »

I really want to get one because they’re so pretty, but I hoard so many crystalwings. Dudes gonna need his own private tab in the keep, labeled Stinky No Good Gem Muncher.
I rent my donis for breeding. Check my About Me for details.

Anything in my Shop Stock tab is for sale. PM me if interested!
http://magistream.com/user/rallis/Shop-Stock

Rest in peace, Smores, the greatest dog in the world. July 19, 2007 - Jan. 6, 2018
There will never be a better friend than you.
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

Weremoon87 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:43:43 am When it mentioned crystal gobbler I instantly thought that they where possible crystal turkeys, lol. It would be interesting if they were crystal turkeys
yeah I thought so too. Flashed back to my brother and me as kids chanting 'turrrrrrrrrrkey turkey turkey turkey turkey!' for what reason I can't now remember... probably to annoy our parents lol
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

LOVE ITTTTTTTT :evil: <3 I GOBBLED IT UP
NOW I GOBBLE ALLLLLL the MAGIVERSARY STUFF :woo:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
Weremoon87
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Weremoon87 »

Sharl wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:32:17 pm
Weremoon87 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:43:43 am When it mentioned crystal gobbler I instantly thought that they where possible crystal turkeys, lol. It would be interesting if they were crystal turkeys
yeah I thought so too. Flashed back to my brother and me as kids chanting 'turrrrrrrrrrkey turkey turkey turkey turkey!' for what reason I can't now remember... probably to annoy our parents lol
Lol! Yeah probably! :) :lol:
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Xenomorph »

Oh man, I love the art but that description for them--love the look, hate their nature. xD;

The overly stuck-up, nasty, self-center and high-horsed nature is like, one of the top natures that really gets under my skin.
Doesn't matter the creature or person, I despise that mindset. It totally makes sense for this creature because of what it's designed to do, brings more life and strife to the magical world of Magistream, but that doesn't mean I have to like their nature, as much as it is necessary to make it more realistic. But it has me on the fence if I actually want to get a couple or not. I know it's just (beautiful) pixels on a screen but that lore makes me feel I need to keep them in their own tab away from everything. A love-hate relationship with these fellows, in-world wise at least ha ha!

Doomed into an endless cycle we cannot control.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

I can definitely see why people don't like these critters for their mindset, but I think Magistream's lore and world would be markedly boring without some conflict, shady characters, and not-so-nice creatures. I adore the Lakireldar and I mostly just find it funny how bad tempered they are, considering dragons' place throughout mythology and how it's changed over time with modern media. (they've gone from village burning antagonists to beloved pop culture icons)

These Gobblers are beautiful and I just think their attitudes are amusing and funny. There's always gotta be some little troublemakers, I think! It makes for good variety in creatures and I think I'd get bored if everything was some super helpful, soft and cute creature. It's for the same reason I suggested numerous invertebrate creatures, though I love them anyway. Not everything has to be fluffy and sweet!

It's also more realistic, to me. Real animals aren't inherently or intentionally spiteful and mean usually, but there's definitely some more territorial or protective ones! XD

Edit: Also, the Atrox Dragon is a mean, ornery little fireball, and I also still love them to death. XD
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry - free creatures
Buying creatures born on September 22nd!
We are plural, posts are signed as needed. (Alex (he/they), Art (he/him), Cayden (he/it))
Alex manages transactions, click posts, and his art thread. We do our best to return clicks.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Jadeunicorn
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jadeunicorn »

The egg especially kind of reminds me of Loki. :t-xD:

I click. You click. We all click!
P.S. I love SnapLinks.

<3 Wish List In My Profile <3

STATUS - 4/23/20: Splat.

ImageImageImageImageImage

LittleDragonfly and LittleGreenGirl are my daughters!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Bought one from Ardroth, stuck in my Dragons tab because, well, it’s a Dragon, so my Crystalwings and Gemdragons are safe in their respective tabs. :t-boo:

I love this evil jerk dragon so much regardless. Only thing is the right forepaw. It’s a little too hand-like for me especially with its color, but otherwise, I love the almost-kirin like appearance and the colors. The green/purple/tan is so unique to stuff we have that I remember and I love its buglike wings and weird tail and expression and graceful body. It’s got legs for days for a dragon.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

very interesting design- i love the pose. it somehow reminds me of cuckoos, when cuckoo eggs hatch in a nest that the paremt infiltrated, and their chicks outcompete the original chicks that were laid in the nest

Return to “Community Discussion”