Which creature is your favourite?

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.
Greyphilosopher
CreaturesTrade

Which creature is your favourite?

Post by Greyphilosopher »

So, I've been gone from the site for a while and decided on a whim to read all my creatures bestiary entries. And they were all so interesting?? I didn't think there would be so much information about not only the species but the world and lore of magistream packed into those descriptions. Needless to say this excited me greatly, so I must ask-

What is YOUR favourite creature, and why?

There are so many lovely beasties on this site and I'd love to see more of them!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Greyphilosopher
CreaturesTrade

Re: Which creature is your favourite?

Post by Greyphilosopher »

So far, my favourite are the crystalwings. The implication that they are what remains of an ancient civilisation fills me with endless curiosity and their alien, gem-like appearance is very attractive.
Of the crystalwings I've seen, the Void is my starchild. I hatched a male a few days ago.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

I think my favorite, just on aesthetics, is the Helian Eclipse Crystalwing. SO COOL
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

My favourite aesthetically is the Atrox Dragon. It being an ornery, mean little fireball is also just funny to me. Also love the Os Ravens, have for a very long time, and the Koredanuki and Komainu CW are some of the best spritework the site has to offer, in my opinion.

Lore wise, the Ouranian Koi and Potootos have my heart; space travellers who never lose the bond with the person they care about, and then just goofy balls of fluff trying their very best. The former is sweet to a hopeless romantic like me, and the latter is extremely relatable.

We're plural, so I figured I'd list everyone else's favourites too.

Art loves all the canines, but his favourite is the Moonlight Spectral Wolf. He also has a ridiculous amount of Borean Wolves that continues to grow.
Cayden's favourite is probably the Drift Wyrmwood, but he also loves Farirs, Vasant Beetles, and Dynastis.
Silas adores the Deadwood Deers and all the Gemstone Kirins, but mostly the Peridot Gemstone Kirins.
Erik is new to participating in our playing of the game but he really likes Elder Phoenixes and Red Flame Striders.
Dimi is obsessed with the Fire Kitsune and otherwise collects the Stream and Arkenian Kitsunes, and Rabbitsunes the most happily.
Taro's favourite is the Alcelon, and literally all of the Arkai.
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry - sales thread - the alderwoods
Buying creatures born on September 22nd!
We are plural, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.

... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️🔥

ImageImageImageImageImage
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

i said iridiun fae and mohrior in another post! but let me think of a few more favorites:

scaregrow gryphon: i have the fondest memories of catching a few of these on the night of halloween, when i was out in a giant neighborhood filled with people (and so many costumed kids) all dressed up for all of the streets lined with decorations. it was magical, and having some gryphons from that night is meaningful to me. i think their concept is so unique too- i love the spritework of course, and their ability to sew costumes has been my favorite quirk of the beastiary entries ive read
𝔞𝔰𝔭𝔥𝔬, 𝔦𝔱/𝔥𝔢, 𝔪𝔶 𝔴𝔢𝔟𝔰𝔦𝔱𝔢 (𝔩𝔲𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔡 @ 𝔫𝔢𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔰)
𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: sugarjolt @ neocities
ImageImage

<3 free creature raffle! (5 winners, ends June 8)

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊: eb, gb, donis and more! (open)
🕸️ 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖘: 0 / 15 shards available (closed)
🕸️ 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘: i. helian/selenic genderswaps, ii. iso dionych & light cws

castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

i don't know how i forgot to say this, but my favorite creature is also the Ikantan (i pronounce it "eye-can-tan"). its design really appeals to me, ithought that the kangaroo(?)-like hind legs and tail are clever details to implement into a squirrel-like animal. jrap17 and darrkestdrow did a lovely job collaborating on the art itself- i keep coming back to look over the fine detailing of the fur, the shading and lines.
𝔞𝔰𝔭𝔥𝔬, 𝔦𝔱/𝔥𝔢, 𝔪𝔶 𝔴𝔢𝔟𝔰𝔦𝔱𝔢 (𝔩𝔲𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔡 @ 𝔫𝔢𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔰)
𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: sugarjolt @ neocities
ImageImage

<3 free creature raffle! (5 winners, ends June 8)

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊: eb, gb, donis and more! (open)
🕸️ 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖘: 0 / 15 shards available (closed)
🕸️ 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖘: i. helian/selenic genderswaps, ii. iso dionych & light cws

froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I love the Xisitak. First, because I adore spiders of all sorts and then because I've been a musician for over 50 years. I'm also a big fan of Classical Mythology and its story sounds so much like something Ovid would write in the Metamorphoses that it's very attractive to me.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Popsicle stand”