Creature 1505: Crystal Gobbler

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Creature 1505: Crystal Gobbler

Post by Ardroth »

The May midmonth is here!

Egg:

Sprite: Mysfytt
Description: Rosehill

Element: Neutral

Egg description:
Spoiler
The moment you pick this egg up you prick your finger on the sharp horns poking through the shell.
Description:
Spoiler
With a quick glance one would easily mistake the crystal gobbler for a crystalwing. Closer inspection reveals, however, that the crystal gobbler has only adapted to look like one in order to fool actual crystalwings and infiltrate their caverns. The crystal gobblers are especially drawn to crystalwing dens, and are excellent in locating those even from long distances. Once they get a whiff of a crystalwing den they will try to get to it by the fastest and most direct route, sometimes digging through layers of soil and small rocks with the powerful claws on their front feet. If the crystal gobbler reaches the crystalwing den, undetected thanks to its mimicry, and the crystalwing isn't there to guard it, the crystal gobbler may end up being quite destructive. In its search for any fallen gems or things to eat it may trample any eggs on the nest without a remorse. The crystal gobbler also secretes a sticky substance it uses to decorate itself with the gems it finds. These glued-in gems act as yet another way for the crystal gobbler to blend in with actual crystalwings and makes it more likely to succeed in its den raiding.
Hatchling: (no visible dimorphism)

Hatchling description:
Spoiler
Hatchling crystal gobblers aren't yet quite as insufferable as the adults. They seem to feel really privileged and will push aside any smaller hatchlings in order to get more treats, better places to lay on, or anything they seem to think as belonging to them. Which is many things. Once these little dragons start growing a little bigger it's almost impossible to keep them around other companions, especially crystalwings, as the crystal gobblers constantly sneak up to the others and get into fights by snatching whatever the other creature is eating or playing with.
Adult sprite: (no visible dimorphism)

Adult description:
Spoiler
Once a crystal gobbler grows up it will get real nasty and opportunistic. It seems to dislike other creatures, its magi, and even others of its own species, and will either hiss and snap at them to drive them away, or burrow into a suitable hole to bide its time. The creature seems unable, or too lazy, to hunt, and instead resorts to getting its food by snatching it up from other unsuspecting creatures. Due to this the crystal gobbler quickly becomes very disliked among other creatures, which makes the crystal gobbler very good at adapting and becoming even more resourceful in its robberies. This skill, and the crystal gobbler's ability to locate crystalwing dens has made it popular in certain circles of magis of questionable morals.
Last edited by Ardroth on May 15th, 2024, 6:31:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise.
We do our best to return clicks. Anything not in a Sales tab is not for sale, trade, rental, or breeding.
Need a Breeding Restoration, Gender Change, or Tuning Glass? PM us!
rallis
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creature 1505: Crystal Gobbler

Post by rallis »

Reading the description like “aw haha this sounds like a funky little dude!” until I see “it may trample any eggs on the nest without a remorse.” NOOOOOOOO LEAVE THEM ALOOOOONE!!!! D: D: D:
I rent my donis for breeding. Check my About Me for details.

Anything in my Shop Stock tab is for sale. PM me if interested!
http://magistream.com/user/rallis/Shop-Stock

Rest in peace, Smores, the greatest dog in the world. July 19, 2007 - Jan. 6, 2018
There will never be a better friend than you.
GuardianAnthony
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by GuardianAnthony »

I do wonder what this'll look like! Got a few crystal shards sitting around that I could spend~

Image Dragon Cave | Final Outpost Image
~ Sell me your cephalopods ~
Looking for Indigo Gurita Doni pet!
Big thanks to Ardroth for helping fund me getting my Sepia Sepiida <3

Weremoon87
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Weremoon87 »

When it mentioned crystal gobbler I instantly thought that they where possible crystal turkeys, lol. It would be interesting if they were crystal turkeys
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Ardroth »

Weremoon87 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:43:43 am When it mentioned crystal gobbler I instantly thought that they where possible crystal turkeys, lol. It would be interesting if they were crystal turkeys
This is exactly what I thought too but so far the description seems to imply they mimic Crystalwings... O.o Gobbler as in eat/eater, I think.

Edit: I was right, very much not a turkey! They're dragons!

Hatchling sprite: (no visible dimorphism)

Description:
Spoiler
Hatchling crystal gobblers aren't yet quite as insufferable as the adults. They seem to feel really privileged and will push aside any smaller hatchlings in order to get more treats, better places to lay on, or anything they seem to think as belonging to them. Which is many things. Once these little dragons start growing a little bigger it's almost impossible to keep them around other companions, especially crystalwings, as the crystal gobblers constantly sneak up to the others and get into fights by snatching whatever the other creature is eating or playing with.
We are a plural system, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise.
We do our best to return clicks. Anything not in a Sales tab is not for sale, trade, rental, or breeding.
Weremoon87
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Weremoon87 »

Ardroth wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:45:22 am
Weremoon87 wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:43:43 am When it mentioned crystal gobbler I instantly thought that they where possible crystal turkeys, lol. It would be interesting if they were crystal turkeys
This is exactly what I thought too but so far the description seems to imply they mimic Crystalwings... O.o Gobbler as in eat/eater, I think.

Edit: I was right, very much not a turkey! They're dragons!

Hatchling sprite: (no visible dimorphism)

Description:
Spoiler

Yep! They dragons, lol
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ardroth »

I impulse bought the Shards for this for fun just because I had some spare cash lying around and I'm SO happy they're dragons. :D
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

At first I thought it was a new stream release. Thank goodness it isn't! I'm egglocked, BUT... I can still get it with shards. I totaled up the amount... good bye $65 USD, hello more crystals for me. That also includes the monthly donis and the Shimmering shop CWs.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ardroth »

Oh my gosh they're GORGEOUS-

Adult sprite: (no visible dimorphism)

Description:
Spoiler
Once a crystal gobbler grows up it will get real nasty and opportunistic. It seems to dislike other creatures, its magi, and even others of its own species, and will either hiss and snap at them to drive them away, or burrow into a suitable hole to bide its time. The creature seems unable, or too lazy, to hunt, and instead resorts to getting its food by snatching it up from other unsuspecting creatures. Due to this the crystal gobbler quickly becomes very disliked among other creatures, which makes the crystal gobbler very good at adapting and becoming even more resourceful in its robberies. This skill, and the crystal gobbler's ability to locate crystalwing dens has made it popular in certain circles of magis of questionable morals.
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

This is SO COOL :yey: I love how the creature is worked into the Magiversary and the lore for Crystalwings! Excellent all around, probably one of my favourite creatures just for that!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.

Return to “Community Discussion”