crystalwing lore?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

crystalwing lore?

Post by castlevania »

i first joined magistream in 2022, theres a lot i still need to learn about the crystalwings

what first inspired the crystalwing design, and its special status as a magiversary creature? is there more written lore for the crystalwings outside of existing adoptable descriptions, such as quest or event dialogue?
ImageImage

πŸ•ΈοΈ magiversary sale: 25% off all creatures! (ends may 31)
πŸ•ΈοΈGenderswap Trades: ISO Female Helian & Male Selenic
πŸ•ΈοΈπ–˜π–Žπ–Œπ–“π–†π–™π–šπ–—π–Š 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: crystalwing lore?

Post by falsanthin »

There is a mention of the crystalwings in one of the library stories THIS ONE not really much but thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head. Its been a long time though and i don't remember if there was any special mention on why they appear during the magiversary lorewise (other than being one of the first creatures) or much else about them. I took a long hiatus though so there could have been something i missed in the time i was gone
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

As for what's *outside* the crystalwing lore, it's heavily implied that literally any air/earth typed crystalwing has the ability to manipulate harsh winds and telekinetically throw rocks. In many of the oldest descriptions for crystalwings, it was implied that *all* crystalwings had this power, even if it wasn't written in their entry.

Also, crystalwings are closer related to birds than dragons for some reason?? Might be related to the alicanto or something, since they both eat raw minerals.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

falsanthin wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 6:26:38 pm There is a mention of the crystalwings in one of the library stories THIS ONE not really much but thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head. Its been a long time though and i don't remember if there was any special mention on why they appear during the magiversary lorewise (other than being one of the first creatures) or much else about them. I took a long hiatus though so there could have been something i missed in the time i was gone
Yeah, the Purple and Gold Elder Crystalwings were the first donis on the site, which is probably why they're THE MS pet and the one for anniversaries.
audrei9 wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 6:42:03 pm As for what's *outside* the crystalwing lore, it's heavily implied that literally any air/earth typed crystalwing has the ability to manipulate harsh winds and telekinetically throw rocks. In many of the oldest descriptions for crystalwings, it was implied that *all* crystalwings had this power, even if it wasn't written in their entry.

Also, crystalwings are closer related to birds than dragons for some reason?? Might be related to the alicanto or something, since they both eat raw minerals.
Funny thing is, despite the descriptions calling them birds, Rijolt has stated they were supposed to DRAGONS. Scales and all.
(source-> https://www.deviantart.com/comments/4/2 ... 2189198465 )
I had always assumed they were dragons and missed the 'birds' bit in their description for the longest time. They're dragons in my heart tho.

(also while looking for this I discovered that they started life as psychic/dragon fakemons haha)
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

BBkat wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 9:33:19 pm
falsanthin wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 6:26:38 pm There is a mention of the crystalwings in one of the library stories THIS ONE not really much but thats the only one i can think of off the top of my head. Its been a long time though and i don't remember if there was any special mention on why they appear during the magiversary lorewise (other than being one of the first creatures) or much else about them. I took a long hiatus though so there could have been something i missed in the time i was gone
Yeah, the Purple and Gold Elder Crystalwings were the first donis on the site, which is probably why they're THE MS pet and the one for anniversaries.
audrei9 wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 6:42:03 pm As for what's *outside* the crystalwing lore, it's heavily implied that literally any air/earth typed crystalwing has the ability to manipulate harsh winds and telekinetically throw rocks. In many of the oldest descriptions for crystalwings, it was implied that *all* crystalwings had this power, even if it wasn't written in their entry.

Funny thing is, despite the descriptions calling them birds, Rijolt has stated they were supposed to DRAGONS. Scales and all.
I had always assumed they were dragons and missed the 'birds' bit in their description for the longest time. They're dragons in my heart tho.

(also while looking for this I discovered that they started life as psychic/dragon fakemons haha)
SO THAT'S why they are the magiversary creatures!! Because they were the first magistream creature ever created!!! And their existence predates magistream!!
While I was at it, I also discovered this second crystalwing drawing! https://www.deviantart.com/rijolt/art/C ... -165196566
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LTB any and all holyhounds and deadwood deer! No inbreds please!
THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who sent me gifts!
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

audrei9 wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 9:38:25 pm
BBkat wrote: ↑May 10th, 2024, 9:33:19 pm

SO THAT'S why they are the magiversary creatures!! Because they were the first magistream creature ever created!!! And their existence predates magistream!!
While I was at it, I also discovered this second crystalwing drawing! https://www.deviantart.com/rijolt/art/C ... -165196566
No, the first magistream creature was the koi. Crystalwings were just the first donation creature. Their concept happening to predate the site's existence would be a very weird reason to make them a magiversary thing.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xenomorph »

Just to add to this, and I apologize if this info has already been shared in one of the links here, but to the 'what first inspired the crystalwing design, and its special status as a magiversary creature?' qoute:

Before Magistream, it had originally been a fake Flygon evolution, but was later redesigned for the site to be its own original thing. Thus the 'Flygon' resemblance in anatomy on the Elder CW. :3 It was also the very first donation creature on the site, making it the site mascot as the Crystalwing is a very Magistream-related creature concept. Do correct me if I am wrong anywhere, but I strongly remember this from past talks with the team. <3

Doomed into an endless cycle we cannot control.
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

Xenomorph wrote: ↑May 11th, 2024, 12:13:04 am Just to add to this, and I apologize if this info has already been shared in one of the links here, but to the 'what first inspired the crystalwing design, and its special status as a magiversary creature?' qoute:

Before Magistream, it had originally been a fake Flygon evolution, but was later redesigned for the site to be its own original thing. Thus the 'Flygon' resemblance in anatomy on the Elder CW. :3 It was also the very first donation creature on the site, making it the site mascot as the Crystalwing is a very Magistream-related creature concept. Do correct me if I am wrong anywhere, but I strongly remember this from past talks with the team. <3
this is really interesting to hear! i can definitely see the Flygon design inspiration from the Elder Crystalwings (the pose is lovely, i think it really shows off that aspect of the design well!)
ImageImage

πŸ•ΈοΈ magiversary sale: 25% off all creatures! (ends may 31)
πŸ•ΈοΈGenderswap Trades: ISO Female Helian & Male Selenic
πŸ•ΈοΈπ–˜π–Žπ–Œπ–“π–†π–™π–šπ–—π–Š 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

Return to β€œCommunity Discussion”