Question about new crafting items

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Question about new crafting items

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Breeding 2 life creatures can get you a vial of llife
Breeding ? x ? for a hybrid can get you a crossing stone

If you breed a life creature with something else (EX: koi x ibex), can you get both? Or does hybrid breeding only offer crossing stones?

If you breed life x life and get a hybrid life (EX: aericorn x aericorn = hybrid aericorn), can you get both? Or would you only get one or the other, if any?
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Question about new crafting items

Post by Rosehill »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 18th, 2024, 12:05:47 am Breeding 2 life creatures can get you a vial of llife

If you breed a life creature with something else (EX: koi x ibex), can you get both? Or does hybrid breeding only offer crossing stones?

If you breed life x life and get a hybrid life (EX: aericorn x aericorn = hybrid aericorn), can you get both? Or would you only get one or the other, if any?
You always get only one ingredient, and they do have a certain hieracrhy.
If you breed a life element creature you have a chance of getting the Vial of Life.
If you're breeding phoenixes, kois, puvias or kitsunes you have a chance of getting their respecitve cookies but not the Vial of Life.
If you're breeding two different species together you have a chance of getting the Crossing Stone but not the Vial of Life or any of the cookies (you wouldn't get the cookies in this case any way, as to get the cookies you need to breed same species together).

Also, you don't need to breed hybrids to get the crossing stone. To get the crossing stone you need to breed two creatures that are of different species regardless of if they can produce a hybrid or only the parent species. If the parents are the same species you won't get a crossing stone even if the parents can produce a hybrid. ^.^
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Thank you very much!!!
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
Tree
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tree »

Rosehill wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:46:47 am If you're breeding phoenixes, kois, puvias or kitsunes you have a chance of getting their respecitve cookies but not the Vial of Life
This is the holy grail info I was assuming but couldn't confirm.

Back to catching leaves! :)
the turtle moves on but the tree persists
bebbies:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Rosehill wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:46:47 am
CinnaminDraconna wrote: March 18th, 2024, 12:05:47 am Breeding 2 life creatures can get you a vial of llife

You always get only one ingredient, and they do have a certain hieracrhy.
If you breed a life element creature you have a chance of getting the Vial of Life.
If you're breeding phoenixes, kois, puvias or kitsunes you have a chance of getting their respecitve cookies but not the Vial of Life.
If you're breeding two different species together you have a chance of getting the Crossing Stone but not the Vial of Life or any of the cookies (you wouldn't get the cookies in this case any way, as to get the cookies you need to breed same species together).

Also, you don't need to breed hybrids to get the crossing stone. To get the crossing stone you need to breed two creatures that are of different species regardless of if they can produce a hybrid or only the parent species. If the parents are the same species you won't get a crossing stone even if the parents can produce a hybrid. ^.^
I'm sure you're tired of being asked, but I've bred my Malachite and Laborite Aericorns and my Rose Imps, all Life elements according to the Bestiary, and no Vials of Life. Am I missing something?
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Airasyraye wrote: May 28th, 2024, 10:42:01 pm I'm sure you're tired of being asked, but I've bred my Malachite and Laborite Aericorns and my Rose Imps, all Life elements according to the Bestiary, and no Vials of Life. Am I missing something?
I've tested this with several different creatures and it seems to me that if the creatures are two different species, even if still Life element, you're still going to get a Crossing Stone instead. Your best bet to breed for Vials of Life is the normal Stream Farir, Life Prism Foxes, and Viridis Crabs. :) (like, bred with themselves)
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry - sales thread - the alderwoods
Buying creatures born on September 22nd!
We are plural, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.

... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️🔥

Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Ardroth wrote: May 28th, 2024, 10:47:01 pm
Airasyraye wrote: May 28th, 2024, 10:42:01 pm I'm sure you're tired of being asked, but I've bred my Malachite and Laborite Aericorns and my Rose Imps, all Life elements according to the Bestiary, and no Vials of Life. Am I missing something?
I've tested this with several different creatures and it seems to me that if the creatures are two different species, even if still Life element, you're still going to get a Crossing Stone instead. Your best bet to breed for Vials of Life is the normal Stream Farir, Life Prism Foxes, and Viridis Crabs. :) (like, bred with themselves)
I can understand about the Aericorns, I guess, but Pink Imp and Red Imp, they're different? That's limiting, since so few people have more than a couple. I tried my Jackalopes and they gave me some anyway. :derp:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Airasyraye wrote: May 28th, 2024, 10:59:03 pm I can understand about the Aericorns, I guess, but Pink Imp and Red Imp, they're different? That's limiting, since so few people have more than a couple. I tried my Jackalopes and they gave me some anyway. :derp:
Huh, interesting. Because I tried it with Hazel x normal Stream Farirs and got nothing but Crossing Stones... But breeding normal Stream Farirs x others of the same species gave me vials, as do the Crabs, Foxes, and I forgot, Moss Snails work well too.

No idea how it works, then. XD
formerly ardroth - they/them - plural + fictional - 25+
wishlist - alex's artwork - art's poetry - sales thread - the alderwoods
Buying creatures born on September 22nd!
We are plural, posts are made by Alex (he/they) unless stated otherwise. We do our best to return clicks.

... But do you like Dark Souls as much as we like Dark Souls? ⚔️🔥

Return to “Support and Suggestions”