How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Danafox »

MadameRed wrote: October 29th, 2023, 1:48:39 pm I've come such a long way from who I used to be. I've learned, become more compassionate, tend to think before I speak more often than not, and I'm hyper-aware of how I'm perceived by others. I want that perception to be a good one, so I try my damnedest to be better than I was the day before.

I've changed so drastically over the last decade, that if someone knew me back in 2013, they wouldn't know me today. Sure, most of my interests are the same, but my views, my opinions, they're all so different. Things I'd have said without hesitation a decade ago would never, ever be a thought in my head today. That's just growth, and while I can firmly say I was a little jackass when I shouldn't have been, I can also firmly say that I'm not that person anymore. That counts, that matters.

I've grown, I've changed. That's how it should be. People should never stop growing or striving to become a better version of themselves. Sometimes I wish I could start over with some people, so they could see who I am now and not be clouded by my crappy twenty-three year old self. She was kind of an ass, but she isn't here anymore. I, as I am now, am a person worth getting to know.

I suppose I can only hope that people are mature enough to recognize this. I try to see it in people, too. I can't expect someone to be the same person they were a decade ago. They experience life in all the ways that people do, and that shapes them, especially when they're a young, foolish twenty-three year old who thinks they know it all. If we didn't get second chances to prove our growth, we'd all be alone.

I'm done feeling maudlin now, I'll see myself out.
Just wanted to say I relate to your post so much. I've grown and I think I've changed in certain things too. I'd like to think I've changed a lot compared to when I was younger versus now. I recognize this in myself, and I think people in the past who think they knew me, would be surprised. It's funny how as you age, you really do get more knowledgeable and get more wisdom too in life.

In other news, had a stressful past two weeks with hubby because we were both so very busy working and getting things done for family and then finally for ourselves. We were able to get groceries and most important of all, fixed the darn car windshield, which got a crack while we drove on the expressway from random falling debris (rocks) that fell from a truck. It happened so fast, but thank goodness we didn't have an accident or anything.

Hoping to have a nice dinner at home and just chill for Halloween night, our anniversary (of when we started dating.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

EstherGamer wrote: October 30th, 2023, 2:13:49 pm
MadameRed wrote: October 30th, 2023, 12:19:21 pm
pegasi1978 wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:55:48 am I hate waiting. My older cat (11 or 12 years) has been off since we let her back in the house Saturday evening. She will normally sit by the front door in the morning to be let out, but she didn't yesterday. She was lethargic all day, never ate or drank anything, only went to the litter box once we know of. I called our vet first this morning, the soonest she could get in was 3pm tomorrow. I called another vet and they have an appointment today at 11am. My husband just came to take her.
:t-hugs: I hope your cat is okay. Keep us updated.
I hope she'll be okay too, cats are pets that don't show affection half the time but are shown it 100% of the time and losing one sucks.
Right now the vet thinks it's a respiratory infection that has been going around the area. They're keeping her overnight for some more tests. Her picture is in the spoiler.
Spoiler
20231030_144829.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

I'm super excited for Wednesday! Firstly, it's mah mum's birthday! ^.^ And then I have my rheumatologist follow up and I can unload all the reflecting I've done since my last appointment a few weeks ago. There's been so much that's been put into perspective ever since my doctor suspected that I might have EDS. I haven't been this confident about a diagnosis since the time I correctly guessed that I had a pituitary disorder. Like I keep having moments where I'm sitting there in deep thought, and then when the dots begin to connect, I'm like, "Wait a minute... Wait a minute!" We also did blood work, so I get to know those results too. And then one of my favorite games right now is doing a showcase livestream! :woo:
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Apariah
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Apariah »

Merkwerkee wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:11:19 am
Apariah wrote: October 30th, 2023, 9:01:11 am DND has absorbed my family. LOL.
My husband wanted to get back into it himself and asked me if I thought my parents and brother would play with us. I said yes and we started a campaign with hubby DMing and playing a character, my brother and myself. Then about 3 2hr sessions in, my brother managed to talk my dad into it and now we all play save for my mom. It's been great.
>D

I play a campaign on Tuesdays with my sister and her husband, but the rest of the family has been more lukewarm towards RPGs
Because of work scheduling it's looking like we're going to be doing a 2 hr session Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a longer one on Friday or Saturday. We may later cement what our schedule will be. It's been nice. My mom has been a little pouty because she doesn't wanna even give it a shot or a try and is feeling left out. So I think our sessions are gonna be twice a week and I'mma make it a point we try and do a game night of her choice too. Cause I don't like her feeling left out.

My 3 yr old son went to Trunk or Treat at my folks' work and had a blast. He was Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas (one of his favorite movies) and one of the people was there with his wife and they were Jack and Sally. They were SOOOO happy to see "Lil Zero and Shock (my mom was dressed as her)". My son was stoked cause the guy was wearing some small stilt boot things to make him close to seven feet tall. He kept getting extra candy XD.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gifts: 21/25
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Happy Halloween, foolish mortals! :t-boo:

:t-dance: :t-woo: :t-dance:

Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

I have such a bad bad bad pain in my neck, I can hardly move it. It's so bad that I have a very bad headache also :t-D<:

Tomorrow early morning my son and hubby are leaving for Germany. Not a long trip, just a few days, but I will still miss them so much :t-D<: T_T
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Last day of work before vacation. I kinda feel bad for leaving my colleagues right now. We have a new manager starting yesterday and she came in with a diva personality. Has no idea what the work actually implies. :t--.-:

Also getting more and more anxiety for my trip. First time flying and I'm going alone. Definitely not stressing about it. Nope.
by Saebra
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Real wrote: October 31st, 2023, 6:29:38 am Last day of work before vacation. I kinda feel bad for leaving my colleagues right now. We have a new manager starting yesterday and she came in with a diva personality. Has no idea what the work actually implies. :t--.-:

Also getting more and more anxiety for my trip. First time flying and I'm going alone. Definitely not stressing about it. Nope.
:t-hugs: Flying alone is pretty nerve-wracking. Even flying with just my sister was a little unsettling. You can do it!

I think I'll wait to egglock myself with my gifts until the event creatures stop flooding the stream, so I can continue to hatch 'em. Then I'll have to grab that creature(s?) from the new quest! I forgot how busy MS can get during the approach of the holidays :lol:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Forgot to go fishing for Halloween born rats first thing this morning. I've gotten two m/f pairs as wedding anniversary "presents" for my husband and myself each year. At least I remembered before I opened my presents and megalocked myself.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

New Halloween eggs in Dragon Cave. I hate how new eggs are released, yuck. It took me a long time to grab the 5 eggs I did :srs: :srs:

Return to “Community Discussion”