How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by EstherGamer »

EstherGamer wrote: October 28th, 2023, 12:51:21 pm 6 hour drive to Germany and will be staying here for two weeks.
I forgot one of my favorite plushies (a tiny little orca plushie) at home too and only realized when we were already a decent way into the drive, which means I only have my main three (two orcas and one very large cat) plushies and a small lion plushie.
Adding to this one: I miss the wifi from home... The wifi here is horrible compared to it and I literally can't load pages on my laptop without my phone as a hotspot. :t-corner:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I've come such a long way from who I used to be. I've learned, become more compassionate, tend to think before I speak more often than not, and I'm hyper-aware of how I'm perceived by others. I want that perception to be a good one, so I try my damnedest to be better than I was the day before.

I've changed so drastically over the last decade, that if someone knew me back in 2013, they wouldn't know me today. Sure, most of my interests are the same, but my views, my opinions, they're all so different. Things I'd have said without hesitation a decade ago would never, ever be a thought in my head today. That's just growth, and while I can firmly say I was a little jackass when I shouldn't have been, I can also firmly say that I'm not that person anymore. That counts, that matters.

I've grown, I've changed. That's how it should be. People should never stop growing or striving to become a better version of themselves. Sometimes I wish I could start over with some people, so they could see who I am now and not be clouded by my crappy twenty-three year old self. She was kind of an ass, but she isn't here anymore. I, as I am now, am a person worth getting to know.

I suppose I can only hope that people are mature enough to recognize this. I try to see it in people, too. I can't expect someone to be the same person they were a decade ago. They experience life in all the ways that people do, and that shapes them, especially when they're a young, foolish twenty-three year old who thinks they know it all. If we didn't get second chances to prove our growth, we'd all be alone.

I'm done feeling maudlin now, I'll see myself out.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

today was so much better than anyone involved expected. i'm glad for many reasons but i think if i focus on them and really think about why i'm glad things didn't go as bad, i'll just end up stressing myself out over shit that didn't happen. and i would deserve the stress.

i'm also glad that my nextdoor neighbors are loud and tromp around at inconsiderate hours. it helps soothe my paranoia of being a bad tenant by default for... existing.
although supposedly my landlord once had two of his tenants get into a fistfight because one of them kept playing like french opera or something on speakers early in the morning, so whatever amount of noise i make, it possibly doesn't even register anyway. i also don't have any pets that have gotten into fights with his cat. i did accidentally fill the place with gas though once not knowing the burner i was using wasn't actually on, and there was that one time i treated a broiler drawer like storage, started a fire in the oven and risked igniting the gas supply and possibly blowing up the building, and that's probably a bit worse than noise complaints
it's probably good that i've decided lately that i want to live after all, but if i could also stop feeling like i'm on thin ice in every area of life at all times that'd be fantastic
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aflame »

the city where I'm doing my grad school exchange has such a bad housing crisis that they straight up told us not to come if we couldn't find housing, so naturally I took the first and only housing offer I received and honestly I wish I hadn't sometimes. definitely having a lovely perspective-expanding experience living abroad which is a once in a lifetime opportunity but it's almost too much of a pain in the ass to be worth it sometimes
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

Syndicate
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syndicate »

I made a minor error in judgement and consumed an energy drink. (Me + caffeination = 6+ hours of chaotic kid with candy energy fun >D )

It’s now almost 2am, and my brain is still like “one sheep, two sheep, horse, cat, potato”

I think I’ll have another in the morning. :yarly:
Apariah
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Apariah »

DND has absorbed my family. LOL.
My husband wanted to get back into it himself and asked me if I thought my parents and brother would play with us. I said yes and we started a campaign with hubby DMing and playing a character, my brother and myself. Then about 3 2hr sessions in, my brother managed to talk my dad into it and now we all play save for my mom. It's been great.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gifts: 21/25
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Apariah wrote: October 30th, 2023, 9:01:11 am DND has absorbed my family. LOL.
My husband wanted to get back into it himself and asked me if I thought my parents and brother would play with us. I said yes and we started a campaign with hubby DMing and playing a character, my brother and myself. Then about 3 2hr sessions in, my brother managed to talk my dad into it and now we all play save for my mom. It's been great.
>D

I play a campaign on Tuesdays with my sister and her husband, but the rest of the family has been more lukewarm towards RPGs

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I hate waiting. My older cat (11 or 12 years) has been off since we let her back in the house Saturday evening. She will normally sit by the front door in the morning to be let out, but she didn't yesterday. She was lethargic all day, never ate or drank anything, only went to the litter box once we know of. I called our vet first this morning, the soonest she could get in was 3pm tomorrow. I called another vet and they have an appointment today at 11am. My husband just came to take her.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

pegasi1978 wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:55:48 am I hate waiting. My older cat (11 or 12 years) has been off since we let her back in the house Saturday evening. She will normally sit by the front door in the morning to be let out, but she didn't yesterday. She was lethargic all day, never ate or drank anything, only went to the litter box once we know of. I called our vet first this morning, the soonest she could get in was 3pm tomorrow. I called another vet and they have an appointment today at 11am. My husband just came to take her.
:t-hugs: I hope your cat is okay. Keep us updated.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

MadameRed wrote: October 30th, 2023, 12:19:21 pm
pegasi1978 wrote: October 30th, 2023, 11:55:48 am I hate waiting. My older cat (11 or 12 years) has been off since we let her back in the house Saturday evening. She will normally sit by the front door in the morning to be let out, but she didn't yesterday. She was lethargic all day, never ate or drank anything, only went to the litter box once we know of. I called our vet first this morning, the soonest she could get in was 3pm tomorrow. I called another vet and they have an appointment today at 11am. My husband just came to take her.
:t-hugs: I hope your cat is okay. Keep us updated.
I hope she'll be okay too, cats are pets that don't show affection half the time but are shown it 100% of the time and losing one sucks.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me

Return to “Community Discussion”