March doni's #653 and 654: Silvan and Alasre Passeri Gryphon

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
TheElementalist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Texan. Liberal. INTJ. Ace. Pisces. 21. Education Major.

Re: March doni's

Post by TheElementalist »

Tekla wrote:...I do this every time. I buy them the second they're out, only to think "I should have waited till my birthday". XD

Oh well, I'll swap out my RD ones later for some bday ones. |D
My birthday is on the 1st, so it works out for me if I can afford them that year :P
Clicking Lion --> Liodeon Pride
Clicking Ice Banner --> Flight Rising Clan

~*King Orion*~
Skitcy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Skitcy »

Thought I might add the eggs and stuff to keep this all in one post.
Kestrad wrote:Gryphons! Passeri gryphons! Birds! :wee:
5-shard:
Alasre Passeri Gryphon
When you hold this egg, you think you can hear a song.

Passeri gryphons are friendly and sociable, and their songs instill feelings of bonding in other species. A short trill of notes will soothe most animals, including humans, and magi have reported that a singing passeri can soothe even a predator who would otherwise make the passeri a meal. It is assumed that this magical ability evolved as a survival trail on a species that otherwise would be very susceptible to predation due to their bright colors and small size. Despite their song's effect on other species, passeri seem to have unique flocks, and their songs will differ depending on the region they grew up in. A passeri from the forests of Silva, with bright yellow and green feathers, has a song in a major key, with happy lilting notes that inspire feelings of joyful camaraderie. A passeri from the northern territories of Alasre Mountains, with blue feathers, has a song in a minor key and seems to encourage feelings of deeper bonding. Their songs seem to have no effect on passeri from different regions, however. Interestingly, a passeri raised from the egg in a different region will happily learn the song it is exposed to as a hatchling, regardless of where its egg originally came from. Many magi study different variations of passeri songs and the subtle effects they have.

3-shard:
Silvan Passeri Gryphon
When you hold this egg, you think you can hear a song.

Passeri gryphons are friendly and sociable, and their songs instill feelings of bonding in other species. A short trill of notes will soothe most animals, including humans, and magi have reported that a singing passeri can soothe even a predator who would otherwise make the passeri a meal. It is assumed that this magical ability evolved as a survival trail on a species that otherwise would be very susceptible to predation due to their bright colors and small size. Despite their song's effect on other species, passeri seem to have unique flocks, and their songs will differ depending on the region they grew up in. A passeri from the forests of Silva, with bright yellow and green feathers, has a song in a major key, with happy lilting notes that inspire feelings of joyful camaraderie. A passeri from the northern territories of Alasre Mountains, with blue feathers, has a song in a minor key and seems to encourage feelings of deeper bonding. Their songs seem to have no effect on passeri from different regions, however. Interestingly, a passeri raised from the egg in a different region will happily learn the song it is exposed to as a hatchling, regardless of where its egg originally came from. Many magi study different variations of passeri songs and the subtle effects they have.

OMG Gryphons, i'm such a sucker for gryphons <3

I only had enough for a 5 shard, but here's the male Alasre Passeri Gryphon hatchling:

"Passeri gryphon hatchlings are born blind and featherless, their bodies covered in a combination of soft pale fur and down, and are so small they can sit on the tip of a magi's finger. They grow in size quickly on a steady diet of insects, and their feathers will soon grow in on their wings. They eat insects, and it can be very entertaining to watch a hatchling stalking a moth like a cat before pouncing. Their fur will match their feathers as they get older, with striped tabby tails and patterned wings. Hatchlings eat almost constantly, and will make their hunger known with their constant cheeping. Vocal from the moment they hatch, passeri gryphon hatchlings spend nearly all their time making some sort of noise. They will copy their parents if they can, developing a signature song that all passeri in the region will share. If no other adult passeri are nearby during a hatchling's development to help teach them the notes, their song will end up distorted and strange, so it is important they are raised among others of their kind."

And male Adult:

"Passeri gryphons are small enough to fit in the palm of a magi's hand. They very rarely risk landing on the ground because of their size and their vulnerability. They are most often found hanging out in flocks in trees chattering away. They enjoy flying or resting on branches in the sunlight, and around the Keep their favorite place is often siting on the head or shoulders of a magi. Some magi collect these beautiful creatures and can sometimes be seen covered in a flock of them, their head, shoulders, and arms completely covered. Some passeri even use their tiny little claws to hang off the back of their magi's cloak. Passeri are incredibly social and love to flock. They will also sing to each other and to their magi. Their song instills feelings of camaraderie and togetherness among those that hear it, regardless of species. When an adult passeri sings, any animosity that exists will fade away, and they are often brought along on diplomatic missions carried out by magi. Many arguments between magi students are settled when passeri sing and allow hurt feelings to be soothed away. Of course, since passeri themselves have different songs depending on their region, other passeri will not respond the same way to the song of a passeri from a different region. They are uniquely tribal. However, every passeri raised at the Keep has the same song."

"Sprite art: Lazuli | Description: Raneth"

Edited to add the 3 shard, Silvan Passeri Gryphon.

Male Hatchling:

Male Adult:

~The 5 shard and 3 shard share the same artist & description~

Female Hatchlings appear to be the same as the males, yet to see any female adults.
Last edited by Skitcy on March 2nd, 2016, 12:11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
^ Help us grow? ^
Image ImageImageImage
I return clicks as best I can
KallenTu
CreaturesTrade

Post by KallenTu »

Aw it's pretty adorable.
I think I'll get myself one...
Xeron
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xeron »

I want one XD

If it doesn't get edited beforehand, I'll get to editing the first post when I can. Can't get at my comp atm. Hopefully should be right tomorrow.

Also, confirmation on artist and description writer thanks.
Last edited by Xeron on March 1st, 2016, 1:22:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zombiemittens
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by zombiemittens »

I dunno... I love the coloring but it's hind half seems too small compared to the top half. XD like it skipped leg day. :lol:
Skitcy
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Skitcy »

Xeron wrote:I want one XD

If it doesn't get edited beforehand, I'll get to editing the first post when I can. Can't get at my comp atm. Hopefully should be right tomorrow.

Also, confirmation on artist and description writer thanks.
"Sprite art: Lazuli | Description: Raneth"

Forgot to add that part, will be editing my original post with that :wave:
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
^ Help us grow? ^
Image ImageImageImage
I return clicks as best I can
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Omg, the hatchlings are adorable!

Also, passeri --> passerines --> perching birds. Coincidence? I think not :D

Gotta agree with zombiemittens that the cat half looks way too small compared to the bird head on the adult, though.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Aww, pretty little cutie. :D And beautiful colours too.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

Aww, domestic-size gryphons! I'm kind of a sucker for the gryphon donis (I've got at a pair of all of them so far, including the vaethers which aren't named as such but totally are gryphons), so I'll definitely be picking up one of each. I'm going to wait until March 4th, since that's my Magiversary!
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂
XTashX
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by XTashX »

OMG THAT BLUE ADULT! BEAUTIFUL <3 <3 <3

On closer observation the backside does look a little small, but there is so much detail, would of loved it even more if it was all bird.
ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”