Writing Tournament [On hold]

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Writing Tournament [UNDER CONSTRUCTION, open for questio

Post by Kestrad »

And, after more than half a year, we're going to try to open auditions soon! Currently we are gathering prizes and working out a few logistical questions.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Feathers
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Location: About 15,000 feet in the air every time I close my eyes.

Post by Feathers »

Whoo hoo, looks terribly exciting! *bounces* Can't wait to enter this one... Is it all right if we start writing our auditions now, ahead of time, or should we wait 'til it's officially open?
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Hiya Feathers! :D

Well, it's impossible for me to enforce any rules against people starting now, so feel free! Do keep an eye on the prompt, though, because it might undergo a bit more tweaking before the official start of the tournament.
crazyflight
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by crazyflight »

I'm definitely entering this. It will be fun! :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
always looking to buy streamborn opal and diamond gemstone kirin!
<3 <3 <3
happy pride!
Smallguy25
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Smallguy25 »

Full Name: Ezekial Zamthera

Species: Human

Goes by: Zeke

--Appearance--
Height: 5'6"

Weight: 139 lbs

Build: Slim, wiry, and somewhat lanky

Skin: Olive. Ish.

Hair: White

Eyes: Bright green

Face: Wrinkled with smile lines. His eyes seem to be a bit too big for his head, and they keep on roaming everywhere.

Voice: A bit high for his age, although not to the point of being annoying. He's usually awkwardly loud, and not prone to being quiet.

Other important/identifying features: Has a bunch of nervous tics. Tends to sweep his feet in front of him, or scratch his back a lot. He hunches, and has the odd habit of talking to the air.

Clothing: Green robes that consist of patchy shades of green chunks sewn together.

--Personality--
General overview: A rather crazy old man. Although intelligent, many people agree he should be put into some sort of sanitarium. Despite his age, and the fact that he might not always be there at times, he loves to laugh. A lot. Nearly everything is a source of entertainment for him, much to the chagrin of others at times. He especially loves to make fun of how old he is. Zeke's crazy unpredictability has earned him few friends, but many acquaintances who might help him, if only to see what he might do.

Loves: Cute and furry animals, laughing, children, magic

Hates/Fears: Misogynists, people who are "too serious", bad singing, extreme cold.

Strengths: As an old and experience magician, he has a massive repertoire of spells and knowledge at his disposal. He's also healthy for his age.

Weaknesses: As an old man, many physical tasks are beyond his power. Also, his mind tends to wander a lot, and he loses focus, which causes problems with spells at times. His love of innovation sometimes ends in disaster. Zeke is lazy as well.

Personality in one word: Crazy

Quirks: At times, he will leave a conversation randomly, in the middle of his sentence or a sentence of the person he was talking with. He likes to sleep, and may fall asleep everywhere and anywhere. He dislikes other people making fun of his age, despite the way he does it himself.

Anything else: Zeke needs to feel loved. Underneath his crazy exterior, he loves people, children especially. The way they walk up to him without fear makes him connect with them the most. Well, that, and the fact that he's still immature.

--History/Background--
Family/Friends: Unfortunately for him, Zeke is quite the loner. His parents died happily, when Zeke was forty. He has had a long and illustrious career, but somehow made few friends. However, he made no friends, especially when his odd quirks began to emerge. Many people are happy to consider him an acquaintance, but friend...might be a bit much.

Backstory: Born to middle class parents, he was raised in a loving household. When his parents discovered his magic early on, they sent him to a magic school. The way he studied and excelled made him little friends, but impressed his teachers. Through his connections, he climbed the magical ranks, rising reasonably high. However, due to his lack of people skills, he was booted back down into obscurity. About that time his quirks began to emerge. Nevertheless, very few people consider the "old coot" dangerous, and leave him and his insane ramblings be.

--Combat--
Fighting Style: Likes to throw high powered elemental spells (electric or fire based ones are favorites) with apparent abandon. He loves laughing while fighting, and taunts his opponent with very childish remarks. Even in a serious battle, Zeke is never serious.

Weapons/Gear: Conducts magic using his hands. He has a beaten leather bag slung over his shoulder that has various random vials of suspicious liquids.

Element: Fire, or heat based.

Special Abilities:
5. Magic resistance. Being a wizard, Zeke has an inherent defense against magical attacks.
1. Emotional healing. Zeke actually has a passive aura around him that cheers people up. It is why children are attracted to him. However, his personality tends to counteract the aura.

Physical Attributes: Zeke is extremely well for his age, a spry and wiry old man. However, he still is old, and much weaker than younger people. Magic has helped keep his body well, but not well enough to make up for youth.

--Tournament--
Wish: To participate in the tournament! But seriously? No idea.

Companions: None yet. No one likes Zeke.

--Last Words--
List the three most important things about your character. His quirky personality. His magical ability. His age.

EDIT: Was noob wrong to try and do this before it started? Noob is sorry ;-;
Foleo
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

*stalky stalky stalky*

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

asa (left) created by Iliad. kanoi (right) mine.

formerly Applemint, PhoenixFireDream.
ParaLLL
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ParaLLL »

PhoenixFireDream wrote:*stalky stalky stalky*
...*echos this* I am very glad I didn't find this sooner, because my patience never would have lasted that long.
ImageImageImageImage
CheyenneWarrior
CreaturesTrade

Post by CheyenneWarrior »

Do you have any idea when this might be accepting forms?

Just here for a bit of role-playing.

ImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Apologies, everyone--college has eaten me this semester. :derp: I'm sorry to let everyone down, but I don't see myself having enough time to devote to this until at least the end of this semester. If you'd like a PM if this ever gets off the ground, please let me know and I'll notify you then.

Again, I'm really, really sorry. I wanted this to be epic, but it just doesn't look like I'll be able to make it so until at least the end of December. T_T

Return to “Tea House”