The Legend Of Temple Cats

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Gummibear
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

The Legend Of Temple Cats

Post by Gummibear »

(This takes place in a desert in Egypt)

Did you ever wonder how temple cats lived, for ever?, well this is the legend. 4 thousand years ago when the Egyptians still existed, the temple cats were born. Egyptians worshipped cats, and they thought cats were gods and goddesses in another form. One day a stray little temple cat kitten wondered round, with a huge wound from a scorpions bite. It was nearly dead, but it kept on walking. It dropped in frunt of the palace of Cleopatra, because she was the ruler of egypt back then. The little one was picked up by Cleopatra's child, Onimanna, she went in the palace to show her mother the kitten. Cleopatra looked at the poor one, she did like cats. ''Onimanna, my daughter take her to the healer in the west wing of the palace'' said Cleopatra. Onimanna nodded, and then went to the healer. Kira, the healer looked at the cat. ''It seems to be bitten by a scorpion, ill try to heal her, but i dont promise anything'' said Kira. Onimanna tried to hide her tears, but Kira saw them. The young woman bent to Onimmana's size and hugged her, because Onimmana very liked her, she was one of the kindest women she met. ''Onimanna, everything will be okay'' she said. The child looked at the woman, with her eyes full of tears. ''I just wanted to keep the kitty, i would love to have a pet of my own'' said Onimanna. ''Let Ra the king of light help the kitten'' said Kira. Onimanna tried to smile and did. Kira smiled at her warmly and after Onimanna left, she bent down to the kitten. 'Ah, Ra! what did i say, dont leave the temple'' she said. The cat responded in a human voice. ''Sorry, but yeah, i was trying to find the child, of true blood'' said Ra. ''Uhh, really a king of light to behave like this, what nonsense'' said Kira as she looked at the cat. ''Well sorry, but we need to find the child of true blood'' said the cat. ''Well why do we need to find this child??'' said Kira. ''Because Toson, the king of darkness has cast a curse on us, the cats of light, and has made a deal with the hounds of death'' said Ra. ''You are the king of all cats HURRY UP AND DO SOMETHING'' said Kira, who was very impatient. ''Cant, remember the saying?'' said Ra. Kira rolled her eyes ''When the child of true blood is found, then the child will have to risk a living, to save the big beautiful house, the minions of light will help her too, she'll have a human companion too, but the crystal of never ending living is in danger, for the god of dark will try to steal it and gain the power'' said Kira, tired of the saying. Ra nodded, and looked at her with a bored look. ''Now heal yourself or the poor child will die with worry'' said Kira as she cast a stern look at the temple cat. Ra closed his eyes, and his wound dissappeared. ''and how am i suppose to help you to find the child!'' said Kira. 'There is another saying too, when the healer of healers will find her place, on the side of the king, she will help the king find the child of true blood, a never ending journey will take place, but for nothing it will be, the child is in the house of gold and diamonds, while her tears drop thinking about sadness'' said Ra. 'But what is the house of gold and diamonds??' she asked. ''We need to wait a little more, and the truth will reveal itself, but right now in the hands of the daughter of Cleopatra i can see, if i can find the child of true blood'' said Ra. Kira nodded, but shot the cat a glance anyway.

The next day Kira and Ra went to Onimanna's room. The girl was bursting with tears, but wiped them away when Kira came in. ''Here the cat is all good now'' said Kira. The girl took the cat into her arms and smiled sweetly. 'Thank you so much Kira!!' she said as she went off to her mothers room. 'Eh this girl can be funny sometimes'' said Kira to herself as she smiled at the girl before she left. Kira went to the poetry writer in the palace the next day. ''Manhann, do you know what this means?' she said the whole two saying together. ''Hmm, let me think about it'' he said. 'How much will that take??' asked Kira. 'A hour' he said. Then he thought about the sayings. 'Hmm, the house of gold and diamonds will be a very rich house, and i think its kind of close, but i shall not reveal the truth, because it would be too painful in my heart, but i might say it soon if you are acting very good'' he said. Kira sighed and went back to the west wing. She then took her backpack and went out. She wanted to find the house of gold and diamonds, because she finally wanted to complete the sayings. ''Maybe it means someone rich.... but if its a child then it must be little'' said Kira, but she wasnt so good at those kinds of puzzles. Ra was with Onimanna, and the girl now was crying, again. Ra was also thinking ''the tears........ the child with her tears dropping all the time.... i dont know but it might be Onimanna'' he said. The only way he could check was if he checked on her chest, if she has a scar, shaped like a crystal. But how could he?? he could try.... maybe making her ill, then making her not ill again would be good, cause Kira would need to check her chest then. So he done that. Onimanna started coughing and yelling for her mother. But everyone was now asleep. Onimanna decided to wait for the next day.

The next day Onimanna went to the west wing. Kira checked her chest. ''The crystal scar!' she yelled. Onimanna was not sure what she was talking about. Kira just smiled, and gave Onimanna the potion she and Ra made to cure her. Onimanna then smiled ''Yay i feel so much better'' she said. Kira went back to Ra. ''How can we get her to know she is the child of true blood???'' she asked. ''We need to show her me and you talking, lets get Cream to help'' he said, then he purred loudly. In a flash of light Cream appeared. 'Lead her to you huh?'' the temple cat female asked. Ra nodded. Cream smiled and meaowed softly. 'Of course Ra'' she said. She walked up to Onimanna who was in her room again. Onimanna started following the cat thinking it was Ra, then she saw it. Kira and Ra talking. She walked in shocked. ''hi Onimanna'' said Kira.''You t-talk with cats??'' she asked. ''Only you, the child of true blood who has the power to defeat the darkness can hear me'' said Ra. ''what?'' asked Onimanna. The two explained to her. ''But mummy!?'' she asked. ''She will be all right'' said Kira. Onimanna nodded, packed some clothes and went with them. ''You are going to have to learn to fight, this journey will be almost for 10 years'' said Ra. Onimanna was quite worried, but she didnt mind. Onimanna was a small 8 year old girl with gorgeous long black hair, and sparkling brown eyes, and of course her skin was light brown and asian coloured.

After 10 years Onimanna was a beautiful lady, she now was an expert in fighting. ''Ra, how did you meet Kira by the way??'' she asked. Ra smiled ''It was a long long time ago when Kira was about your age, The king of darkness had striked, Kira was the child of true blood like you'' said Ra. Onimanna understood. ''How much more days will this be??' asked Kira, sweating from walking. 'Ah you oldbie, you were 18 when we started this now you are 28! its okay, we'll be there eventually'' said Ra.

The next day the three arrived at the temple. The temple cats were meaow-singing with joy, and everyone was happy. The elders were very pleased. ''well done Ra, finally we can greet the four warriors with joy, and we can defeat the king of darkness once and for all'' said Kokoan, the elder. ''Thank you Kokoan '' said Ra, with Cream smiling, Onimanna smiling too and Kira smiling. ''Now for the human warriors, these gifts will help you on your journey'' said Kokoan. He smiled first at Onimanna. 'Onimanna, the daughter of cleopatra and the child of true blood, i give you the sword of elements, you can control any element with it and fight fiercly'' he said as he handed over the sword to her. Onimanna bowed '' thank you Elder'' she said. The cat walked up to Kira ''you are one of the elfs, no one knew that even Onimanna, but you are an elf, arent you Kira?'' he said. Kira nodded, but she was quite shy. ''Let the power of elfs help you on your journey, take the bow of light, this bow can heal if you say the word Audocia, and then a persons name, do it on Onimanna'' said the elder. Kira nodded, as she showed her pointy ears and held her bow up ''Audocia Onimanna!!' she said, and Onimanna felt refreshed and all healed. Kira bowed to the elder. 'Now, Cream, the princess of grace, i give you this amulet, which has magical powers and will attack with powerful rays of light when you say the word Luminario'' said the elder. The gracefull cat nodded. ''And now Ra, i give you the powers of light, which were not awakened in you yet, but will now'' he said. Ra nodded. The elder put a shining ball into Ra's heart, the ball somehow went through his skin. The cat smiled. 'Now you will have to go under the earth to defeat the dark king, so go down those stairs to enter the dark realm'' said the elder as he meowed loudly and some stairs appeared. The four went down the stairs.

Two days later they were still exploring the dark realm. ''We got to get through that bridge to go to the castle of darkness' said Ra. Onimanna gulped and so did kira, but they went on. The bridge suddenly broke down, and they landed in lava. But... it wasnt burning it was ice cold. Ra looked at them 'Perhaps its under there??' he said. The other three nodded, and Ra cast a spell so a bubble of light surrounded them, they went deep under the lava and found a set of stairs hidden. They went in there, kind of soaked but still good. They saw a figure there. The figure turned around slowly, and looked at them. ''Ahh, the child of true blood, trying to defeat me?? nonsense'' he said as he called his minions, they were black dogs. The dogs pulled them into a dungeon. ''When i get the power of immorality nothing will stop me!!'' cackled the dark king as he locked the dungeon. Onimanna tried to brake the bars but it didnt work. After a few days, Ra remembered something. 'Everyone hold your hands, or paws'' he said. Kira held her hand with Onimanna and Cream, Ra held his paws with Cream and Onimanna. A ring of light surrounded them, and the cage bars broke. They all ran out. ''Now we need to get to the pyramid of light'' said Ra.

After a few weeks they were halfway through the way to the pyramid. Some thiefs attacked them. Onimanna attacked them with all her strenght and attacked them with the element of fire. Kira shot an arrow at one, and soon all of them were defeated, but one was left. Onimanna attacked the one left and kicked him hard and then slashed him with her sword. ''Come on everyone'' she said.

After another few weeks they arrived, but they had to try and get through the traps the pyramid had. There were shooting arrows and flames and swords but they couldnt give up. They went to the centre, but found the dark king there 'Ha, too late'' he said. All of them held hands, and the ring of light defeated only the minions. Then they attacked the dark king. ''Ra, you need to...' said Cream. He nodded, and he meaowed loudly. All the temple cats appeared, and the elder scratched through the diamond with a spell, it broke into tiny pieces and went into the cats hearts, they all became immortal. The temple cats all then held paws together, and a huge powerful ring of light surrounded the dark king, it got smallar, and when it touched his skin, he dropped dead onto the ground. ''Now temple cats will be immortal i see'' said Kira as she winked at Ra and Cream. 'We will see you, after a few years'' said Onimanna. The cats purred softly and went away.
Kira and Onimanna went back to the palace and lived happily ever after.

This is how, Temple cats became immortal.
Last edited by Gummibear on July 21st, 2009, 4:04:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Legend Of Temple Cats

Post by nightbug08 »

Well, that was interesting ^_^
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.

Return to “Legend Contest”