Magistream's Legend

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Flameclaw1234
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Magistream's Legend

Post by Flameclaw1234 »

((Takes place in a mountain range)) The Final Boulder
Shadow, a great Void Dragon, flapped his wings with his dark elegance. His green eyes sparkled mischeviously. With a flick of his tail, he faced straight towards the ground, landing straight on a Celestial Dragon, his claws tearing through flesh as a sickening crack echoed. He continued to fight, carrying on the battle, leading his clan. Shadow was the leader of the great Larita clan, famed for its savagry and its ferocity.

The two great clans had been at war for a long time now. For about a century the battles had raged, pitting one wild dragon against the next. Brave Dragons and other species alike tried to stop the battles, but many were killed in their futile efforts. The two clans, Darkness and Light, Larita and Gratia, would not stop their war. No one knew exactly how the battle had started, but some Celestial Dragons believe it was when a Void Dragon killed Ariva, their great leader. A few Void Dragons think that the Celestial Dragons were the ones who cut off their water supply. Now the two clans would not stop fighting.

After battle, Shadow rallied the remains of his troops. he sent the next group in, flying out of the battle with his group. Swerving up over the mountain that separated the two clans, he dropped down in his cave, not letting their healer help him until the others had been taken care of. He tucked his head under his wing and fell asleep with all of the nightmares of war. But one wasn't a nightmare. It was a prophecy.

One of each beast, one Leviathan, Gryphon of each kind, Pheonix of each kind, Manticore, Narwhal, Direwolf, Light and Dark Pegasus, Ibex, Temple Cat, Kraken, Dark and Light Unicorn, and other creatures too old to account for, gathered around Shadow. They all opened their mouths at once, speaking as one mind, one thought: "The clans are at war, but this will soon end. Only the daughter of a forbidden love can save the clans from rubble, but a great leader will lose their life." The world seemed to melt around Shadow as the creatures spoke, letting him fall into darkness. Little did he know, the new leader of Gratia was experiencing the same thing.
~~~
It was about two months later, and a love had become news between the two feuding clans. A Celestial Dragon had mated with a Void Dragon. Her name was Celtia, and his name was Xeno. Their child had been born the day before, and nothing would have been expected if the child had been a dragon. Even a Void Dragon would have been usual, since there was a bit of Void in her blood. But this child...it wasn't even close to a dragon. Or a creature. It was pale in skin color, and almost ten, and was softer than any dragon child. And the strangest thing was, it hadn't hatched out of an egg. The Dragons decided to name it a Human, in honor of a great Celestial Dragon, for that is the clan it was born in. The baby was named Talia.

Many years had passed since Talia's birth, and she was now 15 years old. Her eyes were a brilliant green, her hair a strawberry blonde. She wore a cloak of ferns and had a connection with the plants, namely the vines. her mother had tried to teach her all she could, but she wa sbound to learn most like she was meant to, and developed her own language while learning dragons tongue at the same time. Talia had grown skilled with a sword her mother had made for her with a handle made of dragon scales and a blade made of a fang. These came from dragons who had been ravaged by war, who ad lost them in the battle, and so Talia always felt a strong connection to these creatures when she used the sword.

The day had come for talia to end the war, on her 16th birthday. After a short celebration, she first talked to the Celestial leader, Snowia. Snowia had agreed to go along with her plans, and send a few of her warriors with her to visit Shadow. So they took off, Talia riding one of their backs. Talia looked down at the battlefield, a sad sight for one who had never killed any there as she had. They soon crossed the mountain, and Talia approached Shadow. The old Void Dragon turned his head, his huge tail thumping the ground. "What is it that you of the Gratia Clan want me to know?"
"Oh great and powerful leader, we ask of you to help us end this war. I wish to place barriers between the two territories, so that they can not continue fighting, but i can not carry so many boulders at a time," Talia said as bravely as she could with the dragon's green gaze fixed on her.
"Young...erm...human," the dragon began, "This is a remarkable idea, but how would we create the borders?"
"Just bring the boulders to the center of he battlefield and clear out your warriors, and I will create the borderline."

So the Void Dragons and the Celestial Dragons each called back their troups, sending dragons carrying huge boulders in a sling attacked to their feet with them to the designated spot, dropping them off and then returning. Shadow had agreed to watch over the process, while Snowia had other matters to attend to. With the great amount of dragons that there were, the boulders came quickly. Just as Talia called the dragons off to signal that there were enough, after the las boulder was dropped, she heard a deafening roar of fear behind her. She whirled to see a boulder pushed out of a sling to land directly where Shadow was. He tried to fly out of the way, but it was too late, and he was crushed by the imense bulk of the boulder.
"Shadow!" Talia cried, worriedly kneeling down beside him.
"Talia, young human, please go on to expand your race. You humans have been so kind to us, and my death was inevitable. You see, about 16 years ago, a bit before you were born, I recieved a dream, in which a prophecy said, "The clans are at war, but this will soon end. Only the daughter of a forbidden love can save the clans from rubble, but a great leader will lose their life." You see? I was destined to die here. I only wish you the best of luck in creating peace," the dragon groaned as he shut his eyes for the last time and drifted off.

Talia mounted a dragon, the closest one to her being a Celestial just as angry about the Void's death as she was, and flew full-force towards the dragon that had dropped the final boulder. She drew her sword, turning the dragon so that it broadsided the other into no escape, then jabbed her weapon into the beast, killing it with a single blow.
"One life for another," she muttered before retieving her sword and setting to work on the wall. Her vine power helped her greatly with this, and she was done in about two hours, exhausting her powers more than they had even been before. She slumped against the wall with a sigh, named Durweldik Vaardas meaning Great Wall in Dragon, and just sat back, watching the clouds. This land was called Dragon Land now, but when there were more humans, she would call this place China, a name that in dragon meant Old Battle. And this would be renamed in human languages to the Great Wall of China. And this date, the day someone was turning to the age of sixteen, would be called Sweet Sixteen, so that all may remember the beginning of humans, magic users with skills called Magis, and the end of war between the dragons and all other creatures. Talia fantasized about all this and more, of what a civilization she could make when another Human was born.

And that is how the dragon wars ended, the creatures returned to peace, and the civilization of humanity was formed, all thanks to young Talia Longoe of the Gratia Clan, Sired by Xeno of the Larita Clan, the first human.
((I only got 49 Gold for all this? 0.o ))
I try to click the page above me. Thank you for returning the favor!
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream's Legend

Post by nightbug08 »

you need more smilies, they're worth lots of gold. And This is an excellent story! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

nightbug08 wrote:you need more smilies, they're worth lots of gold. And This is an excellent story! :D
I agree! (I think that your wonderful legend should be worth at least 500 gold for writing it!) :crazy: :D :angel: :smirk:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
draikfire
CreaturesTrade

Post by draikfire »

Whoa, awesome! :D You`ve got a lot of talent. :wave: Incredible work! Don`t feel bad, I didn`t get much for mine either. >.<

Return to “Legend Contest”