The creation of the World

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

The creation of the World

Post by nightbug08 »

We're just gonna jump right in but PLEASE give me feedback! :D ^_^

In the beginning there were the six great creator spirits; The Father of Ice, The Mother of Fire, The Father of Waves, The Mother of Winds, The Father of Mountains, and The Mother of Forests. In the beginning there was the world. It was very like it is now, with soaring mountains, glimmering seas, deep and solemn forests and wide plains. There were many of the animals we know, lions and tigers, finches and fish. But there was none of the magic that we know.

The six great spirits thought the world was nice, but dull, and decided to do something about it.. They looked to their lands and some saw animals they loved and gifted with magic of their own. The Mother of Forests saw the wolves of her lands and gave them magic. They grew larger and smarter, more noble and wise. The Father Of Waves looked into his oceans and saw two animals he loved, the beautiful sea snakes and the grasping octopus. He let them grow and gave them intelligence and cunning.

The Father of Mountains looked at the goats that fearlessly climbed to dizzying heights and smiled upon them, they grew their horns and their minds and leaped even higher with joy. And then he looked upon fearless lions of the hot and craggy peaks, while the Mother of Winds looked at the eagles of the same lofty heights. They spoke and let the two combine. A flying lion that loved the mountains and with an eagles eyes. Seeing what they had made and being pleased the two turned and looked to see the black wild horses the thundered across the plains, leaping and running with happiness and the small white birds that sat upon them and ate the bugs from their hides. They looked at these and let them combine as well, giving the horses the wings of birds and giving the birds the bodies of horses.

Then the Father of Ice looked at the cold northern waters and saw the whales that lived there, He spoke unto his brother the Father of Waves and they both looked at the the whales before quickly agreeing, the males grew long horns, as pure and white as ice.

Then the Father of Ice withdrew to his home in the night sky and urged the Mother of Fire to go to hers. And the Mother of Fire did, but not before she looked to the Mother of Winds and saw her sadness, for the Mother of Winds loved the Peacocks and their calls, but could not think of a gift to give them, if they got bigger then they would not be able to fly and they had a bird-like knowledge of the world that she loved. And as the Mother of Fire left for her home she touched the Peacocks and let them burn and never be burnt. And the Mother of Winds saw what the Mother of Fire had done and thanked her by letting them fly higher and farther than any other bird.

Now the four creator spirits that remained looked at the world and knew it wasn't finished. So the Mother of Forests looked at the Father of Waves and she led him to a still small pool in a lovely glade where beautiful purple fish lived. The soon grew large and ventured out into the stream and there they made their home.

And the Father of Mountains looked to the Mother of Winds and led her to his lions that he loved and she looked and saw large bats that she was excited by and they looked at the two animals and took them both and merged them, twisting the colors until they matched the night that they would hunt during and the leafy shrubs of their lands and the blood of their prey.

Of course sometimes The Creator Spirits decide that there still isn't enough magic in the world and gift some new animals with some of their magic. But those are very different stories.

So, what'd you think? :orly:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

<3 Thank You for the Christmas Presents <3

Stones crack, and Hanging Gardens rot. 'Tis only change that changes not.
There's one enduring truth to learn: That things will change.
The wheel will turn.
songwolf
CreaturesTrade

Re: The creation of the World

Post by songwolf »

I liked it, I wouldn't have thought of things like the peacock becoming a phoenix. :look:
I'm female
(Just saying so there isn't any confusion.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ...~...~...~...
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightbug08 »

If you look at the Phoenix pictures they have what looks like (to me anyway) peacock tail feathers growing out of their heads and they're about the same size in my mind :D

The wheel will turn.
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightbug08 »

Wow, I'm really feeling the love here! I'm just gonna go sit in this corner here :t-corner: and cry :t-cry: :t-weep:

The wheel will turn.
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

I love it! :t-glomp:
I especially love how you've left an opening to lead to more creatures being created.
Very clever ;D
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightbug08 »

Well thank you Finlandia! I knew there would be more donation pets and such in future, so I left it open :D

The wheel will turn.
Finlandia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Finlandia »

nightbug08 wrote:Well thank you Finlandia! I knew there would be more donation pets and such in future, so I left it open :D
Well you are welcome.
Call me Fin. It is faster to type.
<3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage <3 Thanks for all of the gifts! *
helsinkivampiress
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by helsinkivampiress »

Love it. Very creative ways of coming up with our lovely little creatures on Magistream ^_^
nightbug08
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightbug08 »

Alright then Fin ^_^

And thanks a lot HV :D

The wheel will turn.
Somariel
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Somariel »

Um...um...WOW! I don't know what else to say. It's amazing!
Of course I'm normal...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I'm 90 degrees off from the rest of the world

Return to “Legend Contest”