Gender Change

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Gender Change

Post by Seejey »

I'm unable to change the gender of my Rewins with a Gender Change Potion. :wtf:

1) Does it just not work for them or for some species?

2) Is there a way to get more parentless Rewins after buying two from Remy's besides Master Belmos?

Thanks in advance. :t-fear:
Last edited by Seejey on November 18th, 2023, 3:47:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Wishlist: F Green, Bronze CWs; M Diamond Wyrm; any Cascara Amagnae, Water Shop and Dark Shop parentless creatures, pretty please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Gender Change

Post by Rosehill »

There are some species that are ruled out from using the gender change potion, like the different allies (Centaur, Mermaid etc.) and the species that only come in one gender (e.g. the Delroch etc.)

Another occasion when you can't use a gender change potion on a creature is if that creature already has offspring. If your Rewind don't have offspring but you still can't use the potion on them, give me a link to those Rewind and I can take a look to see what's going on there.

In addition to getting two Rewins from Remy's Inn you can get one from the quest line prefixed "Nameday". ^.^
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seejey »

Rosehill wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:03:38 am There are some species that are ruled out from using the gender change potion, like the different allies (Centaur, Mermaid etc.) and the species that only come in one gender (e.g. the Delroch etc.)

Another occasion when you can't use a gender change potion on a creature is if that creature already has offspring. If your Rewind don't have offspring but you still can't use the potion on them, give me a link to those Rewind and I can take a look to see what's going on there.

In addition to getting two Rewins from Remy's Inn you can get one from the quest line prefixed "Nameday". ^.^
Thank you so much for answering!

Unfortunately those Rewins have fathered many Gemdragons already... :t-weep: ...it never occurred to me that that could interfere with changing their gender. I wish that wasn't the case as it would be lovely to have families with same-sex parents. :t-:(

And I forgot to mention this quest, but I already completed it. :t-sweat:

Thanks, again for your help and everything you do for the us! :t-X3:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Wishlist: F Green, Bronze CWs; M Diamond Wyrm; any Cascara Amagnae, Water Shop and Dark Shop parentless creatures, pretty please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Rosehill wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:03:38 am Another occasion when you can't use a gender change potion on a creature is if that creature already has offspring.
I know it's been a while, and maybe I just happened to miss the reason, but why can't creatures with offspring change their genders? I don't think I really get the reasoning, since, if we're going with in-universe idealism here, we're altering living creatures to begin with. Especially since it seems the in-universe reasoning that we can't breed/gender change Allies is because they're human-level intelligence companions? Even though I'm pretty sure some non-Ally creatures are described as humanly intelligent. And anyway, whether those are so described or not, I don't think my hatchling will care if his mom is suddenly his dad.

Really, I've just run into several issues with new releases where I've bred what I have to get RD hatchlings or hatchlings with specific dates such as for wishlists, and for my own purposes want 1 of each gender of each creature while keeping my families together and it's been super hard to do that when I can't change the gender of something with an offspring. Can we please rethink this?
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Airasyraye wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:17:19 am
Rosehill wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:03:38 am Another occasion when you can't use a gender change potion on a creature is if that creature already has offspring.
I know it's been a while, and maybe I just happened to miss the reason, but why can't creatures with offspring change their genders? I don't think I really get the reasoning, since, if we're going with in-universe idealism here, we're altering living creatures to begin with. Especially since it seems the in-universe reasoning that we can't breed/gender change Allies is because they're human-level intelligence companions? Even though I'm pretty sure some non-Ally creatures are described as humanly intelligent. And anyway, whether those are so described or not, I don't think my hatchling will care if his mom is suddenly his dad.

Really, I've just run into several issues with new releases where I've bred what I have to get RD hatchlings or hatchlings with specific dates such as for wishlists, and for my own purposes want 1 of each gender of each creature while keeping my families together and it's been super hard to do that when I can't change the gender of something with an offspring. Can we please rethink this?
The reason is mainly technical, not lore-related or for in-game reasons. There are things that break behind the scenes if a creature with offspring changes gender. :derp:
Ardroth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Ardroth »

Rosehill wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:53:39 am The reason is mainly technical, not lore-related or for in-game reasons. There are things that break behind the scenes if a creature with offspring changes gender. :derp:
I was going to suggest this was the reason but wanted a staff member to confirm it, thank you. I sorta figured that was it. XD;
they/them - plural + fictional - 25+ - awake at weird hours - wishlist
We are a plural system, all posts are made by Alex (he/they). We do our best to return clicks.
If you get a random trade from us, it's probably a gift. Our Keep is protected to prevent lag.
Anything not in a Sales tab is not for sale, trade, rental, or breeding.
Need a Gender Change, Breeding Restoration, or Tuning Glass? PM us!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Rosehill wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:53:39 am
Airasyraye wrote: May 15th, 2024, 1:17:19 am

The reason is mainly technical, not lore-related or for in-game reasons. There are things that break behind the scenes if a creature with offspring changes gender. :derp:
Oh. Yeah, that makes sense. Pity, but makes sense. Thanks.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Rosehill wrote: November 18th, 2023, 1:03:38 am There are some species that are ruled out from using the gender change potion, like the different allies (Centaur, Mermaid etc.) and the species that only come in one gender (e.g. the Delroch etc.)
I knew we couldn't change ally genders but i never knew we couldn't change creatures with offspring (makes sense though). Also didn't know Delroch were a male only species :lol: never thought to check if there were any single gender creatures, i should probably check the bestiary more....

Return to “Support and Suggestions”