Creatures 1404 and 1405: Kestrel and Arkenian Fox Simurgh

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Creatures 1404 and 1405: Kestrel and Arkenian Fox Simurgh

Post by MissMurderPaws »

The new donation creatures for May! Here are the descriptions so far!

Sprite art: Mysfytt | Description: Kestrad

Kestrel Fox Simurgh (3 shard)
A pair of wings and a fluffy tail have emerged from this russet egg.

Description
Spoiler
With the cleverness of their fox half, the flight ability of their bird half, and the combined hunting prowess of both, kestrel fox simurghs are a sight to behold when taking down prey, and frequently kept for this skill. Significantly smaller than their wolf-based cousins, they most frequently catch rats, squirrels, and small birds, but it is not an uncommon sight to see a well-trained fox simurgh happily trotting up or winging over to its companion with a large hare or wild goose in its mouth, and much of the game that the Keep supplements its food for residents with is brought in this way. While these days, the Keep heavily frowns upon hunting for sport, there are records suggesting that long ago, Synaran nobles would make great social events out of hunts, and kept a great many fox simurghs to employ on these. Nowadays, they are still popular in Synara, but as pampered pets with the added benefit of keeping the city???s vermin population low.
Hatchling (m/f)
Spoiler
Fox simurgh hatchlings are playful and friendly enough when their companion or other hatchlings seek them out, but spend a great deal of time simply resting, sometimes seeming almost as if they are pondering something. Some speculate that the hatchling is trying to reconcile its two creature halves, but most believe they simply prefer to conserve their energy, so as to better hunt and surprise their favorite prey. Even at a very young age, they are skilled hunters, suddenly bursting into a wing-flailing pounce to pin an unlucky insect or mouse, before once again settling into pensive stillness.
Adult
Spoiler
While hatchling fox simurghs are generally quiet in their stillness, only sometimes yipping when they want attention, adults are another matter entirely. As they mature enough to seek a mate, fox simurghs take up screaming at all hours. This is, understandably, very annoying to anyone nearby who wishes to get any work done, and so adult fox simurghs normally residing at the Keep are banished from the place starting from late winter to mid-spring, to do their screaming in Silva Forest. After the matter of partners has been settled and the constant caterwauling has ceased as a result, they are welcomed back to Keep to lay their eggs. Fox simurghs still sometimes scream during this time, but far less often. Magi speculate that there might be some magical component to the screaming, much as their wolf-based cousins communicate wisdom through howls, but if so, it is far less pronounced.
Arkenian Fox Simurgh (5 shard)
A pair of wings and a fluffy tail have emerged from this pale egg.

Description
Spoiler
With the cleverness of their fox half, the flight ability of their bird half, and the combined hunting prowess of both, arkenian fox simurghs are a sight to behold when taking down prey, and frequently kept for this skill. Significantly smaller than their wolf-based cousins, they most frequently catch rats, squirrels, and small birds, but it is not an uncommon sight to see a well-trained fox simurgh happily trotting up or winging over to its companion with a large hare or wild goose in its mouth, and much of the game that the Keep supplements its food for residents with is brought in this way. While these days, the Keep heavily frowns upon hunting for sport, there are records suggesting that long ago, Synaran nobles would make great social events out of hunts, and kept a great many fox simurghs to employ on these. Nowadays, they are still popular in Synara, but as pampered pets with the added benefit of keeping the city???s vermin population low.
Hatchling (m/f)
Spoiler
Fox simurgh hatchlings are playful and friendly enough when their companion or other hatchlings seek them out, but spend a great deal of time simply resting, sometimes seeming almost as if they are pondering something. Some speculate that the hatchling is trying to reconcile its two creature halves, but most believe they simply prefer to conserve their energy, so as to better hunt and surprise their favorite prey. Even at a very young age, they are skilled hunters, suddenly bursting into a wing-flailing pounce to pin an unlucky insect or mouse, before once again settling into pensive stillness.
Adult
Spoiler
While hatchling fox simurghs are generally quiet in their stillness, only sometimes yipping when they want attention, adults are another matter entirely. As they mature enough to seek a mate, fox simurghs take up screaming at all hours. This is, understandably, very annoying to anyone nearby who wishes to get any work done, and so adult fox simurghs normally residing at the Keep are banished from the place starting from late winter to mid-spring, to do their screaming in Silva Forest. After the matter of partners has been settled and the constant caterwauling has ceased as a result, they are welcomed back to Keep to lay their eggs. Fox simurghs still sometimes scream during this time, but far less often. Magi speculate that there might be some magical component to the screaming, much as their wolf-based cousins communicate wisdom through howls, but if so, it is far less pronounced.
Last edited by MissMurderPaws on May 1st, 2023, 9:53:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creatures 1404 and 1405: Kestrel and Arkenian Fox Simurg

Post by DarkRider »

Totally getting a pair of each, im guessing winged Foxes?!
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

That's what I was thinking! I know we already have some of these creatures, or, similar ones, I'd love to see what these turn out to be
vividmirage
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vividmirage »

oh my god no way, kestrels!! i literally just did a paper on them, i’m so excited to see them grown :woo:
★ hi, i'm mirage! any pronouns; active on chicken smoothie & pixel cat's end as well
★ currently returning from a year-long hiatus and no longer have a good grasp on values
★ (or any idea how half the creatures in my keep ended up in my possession lmao)
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Reima »

I can already see my gold leaving me xD Oh nooooooooooo~
Excited to see what they look like it the egg!
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Updated to include the hatchling sprites! Can't wait to see what they turn into!
Nagapie
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Nagapie »

Here are a couple of adults:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

But in this handmade heaven, it's paradise
Bluebirds forever colour the sky
In this handmade heaven, we forget the time
'Cause birds of a feather fly together
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Nagapie wrote:Here are a couple of adults:
ImageImage
Thank you! I've updated the post to include these as well!
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

I haven't had a birth-month doni that I absolutely love -- and these finally changed that <3 Definitely have to get around to getting a birthday sharing pair for these later!

On top of that, I can't get over how nice the hatchlings look, especially side-by-side!

Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

They’re awfully pretty. I like them, especially the Kestrel.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”