Most varied breeding?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Most varied breeding?

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Here's a strange question, I've been trying to figure it out, but I am absolutely awful at these things.

What creature has the most varied breeding? As in, what single creature can hybrid with the most kinds of creatures? I'm trying to scour the wiki and the beastiary, but I'm having no luck!
I try to return clicks! Thank you so much for any clicks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Live for Dethklok. Die for Dethklok.
Mother of Monsters DiscordMy F2U Base Library
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Most varied breeding?

Post by Chess »

I'd say the Rewin Dragon. Can breed with the CWs we get for every Magiversary (and MS has been around for 13 years...) to get the Gemdragons. Here, I'm counting 35 or so unique hybrids

As someone who's not that into breeding, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it :lol:
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Chess wrote:I'd say the Rewin Dragon. Can breed with the CWs we get for every Magiversary (and MS has been around for 13 years...) to get the Gemdragons. Here, I'm counting 35 or so unique hybrids

As someone who's not that into breeding, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it :lol:
I feel like a fool

How could I forget the humble rewin dragon XD
Yoyosoul
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Yoyosoul »

If you consider the CW a single breeding group then which creature breeds with the largest variety of creatures and not a creature with multiple variations?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist: Shop creatures, hybrids, donis, Aurora Whales, Dynastis, Quetzalcoatl, Rose Imps, Rosa Doves, Tinsel Wyrms, bunnies, and anything green. Breed creature are fine.
Gifts 7/25
Creatures in my extra tab are free. P.M. me if you want them Image
MissMurderPaws
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by MissMurderPaws »

Yoyosoul wrote:If you consider the CW a single breeding group then which creature breeds with the largest variety of creatures and not a creature with multiple variations?
You know, that's a really excellent point. I guess Rewin would be the Winner for just sheer bulk, but who would be the critter that's got the most varied inter-breedability with other creatures
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Reima »

Outside of Rewin Dragons, I think the Psittarx Dragons & Gemstone Kirins have a handful of colors to them
Also the Butterfly Fish
Then there's the Leviathan that can breed with Pearl Wyrms
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

There's also this multi-stage mashup..

Direwolves can breed with Manticores to get Direcores
Manticores can breed with Ibex to get Chimeras
Ibex can breed with Koi Fish to get Capricorns
Capricorns can breed with Ruby Koi to get Ruby Capricorns
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

The thing is, the mashup pairings don't always produce the mashup species - that is to say, a Manticore breeding with an Ibex may produce a Chimaera, an Ibex, or a Manticore. I feel like I've seen at least one lineage with every possible permutation of Ibex, Manticore, Direwolf, Koi, and Capricorn

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Merkwerkee wrote:The thing is, the mashup pairings don't always produce the mashup species - that is to say, a Manticore breeding with an Ibex may produce a Chimaera, an Ibex, or a Manticore. I feel like I've seen at least one lineage with every possible permutation of Ibex, Manticore, Direwolf, Koi, and Capricorn
Yeah, my mind went immediately to this as well. Don't forget direcores! Ibexes and manticores having these kind of weird breeding paths makes for some very interesting, varied families! :lol:

Maybe one day we'll get a direwolf x borean wolf hybrid and get even wackier family trees!
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”