New Creatures: Inferno Hound [1392] & Tainted Hound [1393]

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

New Creatures: Inferno Hound [1392] & Tainted Hound [1393]

Post by Pugnacious »

Well imagine my surprise to waking up from a nap to find these weird little orange and purple eggs!
Apologies if there's a set person to make these threads, I just figured since there was nothing up yet and the site seems to be a bit slow lately, I'd do it.
I'll do my best! ^_^ And sincerest, deepest apologies if someone beats me to posting this lol.

Inferno Hound:
-Egg
"This egg is shaped like a ribcage and is filled with fire."

-Juvenile
[No Dimorphism]
"When an inferno hound egg hatches, it is with a burst of flames, leaving behind a pile of bones and a small spark inside what appears to be a small rib cage. This spark is crucial and it must be tended carefully as if it should go out, the hound will not grow. This spark needs to be tended until it becomes a small flame, at which point the bones will fuse together and form a small hatchling. A hatchling iInferno hound needs plenty of bones to eat and a nice fire to sleep in as they grow. Hatchlings are a lot more docile than adults and it is at this point that a magi must take care to tame them properly as once they grow into adults, it is nearly an impossible task."

-Adult
[No Dimorphism]
"Once the small flame inside their rib cage grows into a roaring inferno, a hound has reached adulthood. If raised properly, an inferno hound can be kept as a companion, though one should always take care around them as they can still be dangerous. Knowledge of flame repellent spells and flame repellent clothing is a must when handling these creatures. Though they have no need to eat as they will not starve, inferno hounds do eat bones any chance they get as it strengthens their bones and repairs any breaks they may have acquired. Many magis who keep these hounds use them for forging as the swords and metal work made from the flames of an inferno hound has distinct red shimmering veins that are unable to be replicated by other means and as such, has become a hot commodity sold in Synara City."

-General
"One of the more dangerous creatures that roam the Etain Desert, these skeletal creatures are best to be avoided. Inferno hounds are easily recognizable by their rib cage filled with living fire, and horns on top of their skull. While they have a powerful bite that can easily break bone, they rarely have need as they are able to set ablaze anything unfortunate enough to get caught in their fiery gaze. It is said that the flames inside their ribs is what gives an inferno hound its life and that without it, the hound would be nothing more than a pile of bones. Many believe that these flames is how Odan Galopin was able to create the flaming comets and though many have experimented, no other magi has been able to replicate Odans magic."

Tainted Hound:
-Egg

"This egg is shaped like a ribcage and is filled will a thick, purple sludge."

-Juvenile
[No Dimorphism]
"A tainted hound egg does not hatch in the traditional sense, but instead falls apart into a pile of bones and a small puddle of thick purple sludge. This purple sludge is not as toxic as a fully grown tainted hound, but it still needs to be handled carefully as it can make magis extremely sick. Over the next few days a magi needs to continually feed the sludge bottles of various poisons and other toxic substances. Soon, the bones will fuse together and form a small hatchling. A hatchling tainted hound needs plenty of bones and poisonous substances to eat and drink as they grow. Hatchlings are a lot more docile than adults and it is at this point that a magi must take care to tame them properly as once they grow into adults, it is nearly an impossible task."

-Adult
"If raised properly, a tainted hound can be kept as a companion; though they are extremely toxic and should always be handled with care. Though they have no need to eat as they will not starve, tainted hounds do eat bones any chance they get as it strengthens their bones and repairs any breaks they may have acquired. While there are some magis who collect the toxic sludge to sell in the black market for various purposes; many magis who keep these hounds use them for forging. Swords and metal work cooled in the purple sludge from the tainted hound has distinct purple shimmering veins that are unable to be replicated by other means, and as such, has become a hot commodity sold in Synara City."

-General
"For those wandering Silva Forest at night, they may never know that they are being watched until it is too late. One should alway be wary of tainted hounds as they will follow magis silently in the dark, waiting for them to stumble before they attack. If a magi, or any other unfortunate creature manages to escape a tainted hound's jaws, they never make it far before the venom coursing through their veins takes its course. While they look similar to the inferno hound, tainted hounds are easily recognizable by their skeletal appearance and rib cage filled with a toxic purple sludge. This purple sludge is what gives the tainted hound life and without it, it would be nothing more than a pile of bones."

---

Fiery/Sludgy bone doggies!!! How exciting! I wonder if you could manage a way to cuddle them? Maybe with a fire and toxin proof coat? :orly:
Last edited by Pugnacious on April 1st, 2023, 9:08:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Albina
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: New Creatures: Inferno Hound & Tainted Hound

Post by Albina »

Why are we getting creepy/scary creatures in March? First the donis now this. Hmm :wtf:
At least these are hounds and I love canines, so I'm excited to see the adult form. Hopefully they won't be too creepy.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jrap17
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jrap17 »

Albina wrote:Why are we getting creepy/scary creatures in March? Hmm :wtf:
At least these are hounds and I love canines, so I'm excited to see the adult form. Hopefully they won't be too creepy.
We can’t let October/Halloween have all the fun and creepy creatures. :t-boo: :lol:

Hope everyone enjoys these! :hooray:

ImageImage Image
Drakkena550
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Drakkena550 »

Tis the season apparently to be spooky... but I'm super excited to see what these hatch into! The names are really interesting and have me curious along with the egg design. I do love a good spooky doggo though so :woo:
My Wishlist
ImageImageImage
0/25 Gifts
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Albina wrote:Why are we getting creepy/scary creatures in March? First the donis now this. Hmm :wtf:
Because creepy/ scary creatures are not just for Halloween :lol:

I love these. Have always been a huge fan of Jrap17's work <3
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

Well spooky scary fits perfectly for me lol~ It's coming up to a month on my mega sprained arm after a bit of a slipping-on-ice accident - so these are welcome for me xD
I might just name my pairs after things related to that stuff, a fun memory out of something really unfortunate so to speak
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I'm excited to see what these will look like.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I was surprised to see new eggs, had to hatch some of my other eggs just to get one of each
Really hoping for dark lore for these, I love stuff with dark lore and it feels like the donis get all the dark lore and the rest gets less dark lore (*cries in can't donate*)
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Szarwas
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Szarwas »

Tainted hatchling *edit: no dimorphism in hatchies
Such a skinny baby :lol:
Spoiler
A tainted hound egg does not hatch in the traditional sense, but instead falls apart into a pile of bones and a small puddle of thick purple sludge. This purple sludge is not as toxic as a fully grown tainted hound, but it still needs to be handled carefully as it can make magis extremely sick. Over the next few days a magi needs to continually feed the sludge bottles of various poisons and other toxic substances. Soon, the bones will fuse together and form a small hatchling. A hatchling tainted hound needs plenty of bones and poisonous substances to eat and drink as they grow. Hatchlings are a lot more docile than adults and it is at this point that a magi must take care to tame them properly as once they grow into adults, it is nearly an impossible task.
*an other edit
Inferno hatchling - no dimorphism here either
Spoiler
When an inferno hound egg hatches, it is with a burst of flames, leaving behind a pile of bones and a small spark inside what appears to be a small rib cage. This spark is crucial and it must be tended carefully as if it should go out, the hound will not grow. This spark needs to be tended until it becomes a small flame, at which point the bones will fuse together and form a small hatchling. A hatchling iInferno hound needs plenty of bones to eat and a nice fire to sleep in as they grow. Hatchlings are a lot more docile than adults and it is at this point that a magi must take care to tame them properly as once they grow into adults, it is nearly an impossible task.
Last edited by Szarwas on March 22nd, 2023, 10:44:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
VictoriaWings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by VictoriaWings »

Omg I am So Hype Over these Eggs
Will be Collecting tones of these! oo and we can breed them to... wonder if Breeding them together will create another little hound baby

Return to “Community Discussion”