The Black Market is: OPEN

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Zinia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: The Black Market is: OPEN

Post by Zinia »

Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 10:59:09 am
Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 10:41:42 am
faedemon wrote: December 11th, 2023, 9:04:22 am ahhh goodness i love the wyrms so much. Zinia is so right though, months of gold saving can go with 1 egg and i don't even have enough for one each of the wyrms... LOL. i'll probably just pick one of em after i'm not egglocked and wave goodbye to 75k.
That's exactly what I did; I decided I liked the gold tinsel wyrm best and got one of those lol.
RIP my fantasy of getting even one, let alone a breeding pair, of each black market creature lol. (Still haven't gotten most of the regular shop creatures either!)

I love this game and am grateful it's technically free to play; that's why I'm happy to buy shards to support the site. However, after my calculation that buying a breeding pair of old donis from the Shimmering Shop over the period of a year (to get each month's old creatures) would cost roughly $5k (in real life USD) and now with the high prices of the shop creatures, I do wish all prices were much lower.
MS donis cost $20 a month if you want a pair of everything, which is relatively cheap compared to other sites with premium things to buy - on FR that gets you one single scroll, for example. Considering that MS has been around for almost 15 years, and there's been 3 donis every month for most of that, 5k for 500+ creatures really isn't that ludicrous?

The black market prices all being pretty high this time around is kind of frustrating, but given that before, my only chance of getting any ice kitsunes was to pray someone sells them and cough up 2 million gold each, and for the wyrms it was of order probably 200k each, these prices don't feel quite as bad to me. It helps that I actually have some gold saved up this time around, though.
To be honest I'm sure that my real life budget limitations are coloring my perception! CS store pets are around $40 for a year's worth and C$ is also like 16-19 for $1 USD so that's also all I have to compare to (haven't played FR yet).
Even for 500 creatures $5k is a lot to me, but I understand we all have different views of money and value. Either way games/creatures/donis are a luxury and not something I have to buy so my complaints aren't too serious and I'm enjoying the game. Certainly don't mean to offend anyone!
Previous username: ChaoticWhispers
Thank you so very much to everyone who sent a gift! <3
Wishlist//Gender Swaps (also looking to swap male Ixan Mist Walker for female)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 11:15:09 am
Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 10:59:09 am
Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 10:41:42 am
That's exactly what I did; I decided I liked the gold tinsel wyrm best and got one of those lol.
RIP my fantasy of getting even one, let alone a breeding pair, of each black market creature lol. (Still haven't gotten most of the regular shop creatures either!)

I love this game and am grateful it's technically free to play; that's why I'm happy to buy shards to support the site. However, after my calculation that buying a breeding pair of old donis from the Shimmering Shop over the period of a year (to get each month's old creatures) would cost roughly $5k (in real life USD) and now with the high prices of the shop creatures, I do wish all prices were much lower.
MS donis cost $20 a month if you want a pair of everything, which is relatively cheap compared to other sites with premium things to buy - on FR that gets you one single scroll, for example. Considering that MS has been around for almost 15 years, and there's been 3 donis every month for most of that, 5k for 500+ creatures really isn't that ludicrous?

The black market prices all being pretty high this time around is kind of frustrating, but given that before, my only chance of getting any ice kitsunes was to pray someone sells them and cough up 2 million gold each, and for the wyrms it was of order probably 200k each, these prices don't feel quite as bad to me. It helps that I actually have some gold saved up this time around, though.
To be honest I'm sure that my real life budget limitations are coloring my perception! CS store pets are around $40 for a year's worth and C$ is also like 16-19 for $1 USD so that's also all I have to compare to (haven't played FR yet).
Even for 500 creatures $5k is a lot to me, but I understand we all have different views of money and value. Either way games/creatures/donis are a luxury and not something I have to buy so my complaints aren't too serious and I'm enjoying the game. Certainly don't mean to offend anyone!
Oh, I'm not offended or anything! CS prices sound pretty low, so I'm probably tethered on kind of expensive sites in comparison. I feel like the ones I've played other than MS that have premium currency don't even let you buy less than at least $5 at a time.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Honestly these ones being expensive makes sense to me b/c we have,

A hybrid from retired event creatures
An albino variation of a shop/retired event creature (you can get it from shop x shop, event x event or event x shop)
a hybrid of a pair of stream creatures
3 pets that were originally release as contest prizes (the wyrms)
and a quest exclusive pet

and they're PARENTLESS. so they've either never been available parentless, or the parentless ones are hella expensive. I know the Kitsunes run you a pretty penny

as opposed to just, a regular BM exclusive creature which is just, a shop creature. which tend to run cheaper.
SkyeWyven
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

While I agree that the prices of these pets are very reasonable for what was expected pre-update, I more so agree that they are quite steep now that mass gold mining has been banned. Even with gold mining a lot of people I saw/spoke to had trouble obtaining significant amounts of gold (and so did I) and now that it is not an option I wouldn't be surprised if the economic situation for a lot of players has become quite dire.

I know I'm struggling to figure out how to get gold at all since it is not feasible for me to manually and individually click thousands of pets each day to be able to afford things like this. It was hard enough when I could snaplinks a bunch at a time.
"Gotta catch 'em all"

Wishlist is here!
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

SkyeWyven wrote: December 11th, 2023, 12:08:42 pm While I agree that the prices of these pets are very reasonable for what was expected pre-update, I more so agree that they are quite steep now that mass gold mining has been banned. Even with gold mining a lot of people I saw/spoke to had trouble obtaining significant amounts of gold (and so did I) and now that it is not an option I wouldn't be surprised if the economic situation for a lot of players has become quite dire.

I know I'm struggling to figure out how to get gold at all since it is not feasible for me to manually and individually click thousands of pets each day to be able to afford things like this. It was hard enough when I could snaplinks a bunch at a time.
You're still allowed to snaplinks say, the click threads. It's just no longer allowed to snaplinks pages and pages of adult creatures on image free goldmines anymore.

This isn't to say that earning gold isn't hard these days, just clarifying that snaplinks isn't fully banned.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

125k gold down to 50k.... ouch!

love the gold tinsel wyrm, though
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
SkyeWyven
CreaturesTrade

Post by SkyeWyven »

Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:04:19 pm
SkyeWyven wrote: December 11th, 2023, 12:08:42 pm While I agree that the prices of these pets are very reasonable for what was expected pre-update, I more so agree that they are quite steep now that mass gold mining has been banned. Even with gold mining a lot of people I saw/spoke to had trouble obtaining significant amounts of gold (and so did I) and now that it is not an option I wouldn't be surprised if the economic situation for a lot of players has become quite dire.

You're still allowed to snaplinks say, the click threads. It's just no longer allowed to snaplinks pages and pages of adult creatures on image free goldmines anymore.

This isn't to say that earning gold isn't hard these days, just clarifying that snaplinks isn't fully banned.
I was unclear when I said that. I was referring to using snaplinks for, say, 5000 pets at a time. My bad.
"Gotta catch 'em all"

Wishlist is here!
Zinia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zinia »

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've seen many mentions of "image-free mines" and such, but there's only one method for getting gold that I'm aware of and have done (posting and clicking creatures one by one), so is there a post or something that explains what goldmining is and how it works?
Now that goldmining has been identified as a problem causing the lag I'm even more confused about how it works and what's allowed.
Previous username: ChaoticWhispers
Thank you so very much to everyone who sent a gift! <3
Wishlist//Gender Swaps (also looking to swap male Ixan Mist Walker for female)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ghostjellie
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Black Market is: Closed

Post by ghostjellie »

Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:17:46 amI got those too, and was honestly a bit disappointed after anxiously awaiting the black market's unique items that are hard to come by, but then ended up spending thousands to get crafting items we already get from clicking on Crystalwings.
I am glad for the dried corn though, the items that transform pets are ones I really appreciate.
yeah it's interesting that it seems the bags have gone up in price since they were last available and now mostly contain items we can easily get for free

but one less thing to worry about spending money on i guess lol
he/him < 3
my keep sale ☆

please ignore my about me, thats probably from 2012
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

So can we still snaplink adult creatures just not dozens at a time? Like 50-100 every like..2 minutes?

Return to “Community Discussion”