The Black Market is: OPEN

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Black Market is: OPEN

Post by NyxNoire »

You're right, the bag has some new items :D

The corn can be used next Harvest Festival to turn original Amagnae eggs into other types of Amagnae.
The other new items can be used for crafting Pygmy Gemdragons and Crystalwings. Go into your inventory and look at the Crafting part.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

The ice kitsune is back and I have only 20k gold.

It is absolutely ridiculous trying to get gold in this economy.

Oh, well.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Zinia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: The Black Market is: Closed

Post by Zinia »

ghostjellie wrote: December 10th, 2023, 9:17:40 pm i bought two mystery bags and got a purple dried corn and a gallium blob ... which seems different from the previous inclusions, from what i can tell searching the thread. anyone else pick any up yet?
I got those too, and was honestly a bit disappointed after anxiously awaiting the black market's unique items that are hard to come by, but then ended up spending thousands to get crafting items we already get from clicking on Crystalwings.
I am glad for the dried corn though, the items that transform pets are ones I really appreciate.

Airasyraye wrote: December 10th, 2023, 11:59:23 pm The ice kitsune is back and I have only 20k gold.

Oh, well.
I definitely empathize! I got a few eggs (not enough for the Ice Kitsune) but I'm down to 18k so my black market excursion is over lol. Have to find a way to make more gold because months and months of saving from clicks can be gone after one egg!
Previous username: ChaoticWhispers
Thank you so very much to everyone who sent a gift! <3
Wishlist//Gender Swaps (also looking to swap male Ixan Mist Walker for female)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Airasyraye
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Black Market is: Closed

Post by Airasyraye »

Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:17:46 am
Airasyraye wrote: December 10th, 2023, 11:59:23 pm The ice kitsune is back and I have only 20k gold.

Oh, well.
I definitely empathize! I got a few eggs (not enough for the Ice Kitsune) but I'm down to 18k so my black market excursion is over lol. Have to find a way to make more gold because months and months of saving from clicks can be gone after one egg!
Exactly.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

Oof i agree the prices of the creatures is very high considering we don't really have a way of making alot of gold fast without buying shards and the black market isn't open for long so kind of disappointed since i need all the creatures in there :lol: hopefully i can at least manage to save up for one of them before it goes this time
Desade
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Desade »

Very thankful to say I don’t need to buy any of the black market creatures this time. But I’ll be buying one or two to gift on Christmas. ^.^
I love you 3000, Bosco.
~ ♥ ~
my wishlist!
25/25 gifts, thank you!
~ • ~
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

ahhh goodness i love the wyrms so much. Zinia is so right though, months of gold saving can go with 1 egg and i don't even have enough for one each of the wyrms... LOL. i'll probably just pick one of em after i'm not egglocked and wave goodbye to 75k.
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

I'm relieved that the stock is primarily older rare creatures. I'm fairly certain I have them from their initial releases, but all of the market eggs are too costly for me. Prices need to come down in ALL shops, not just black market now that gold mining is a no-no.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Zinia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zinia »

faedemon wrote: December 11th, 2023, 9:04:22 am ahhh goodness i love the wyrms so much. Zinia is so right though, months of gold saving can go with 1 egg and i don't even have enough for one each of the wyrms... LOL. i'll probably just pick one of em after i'm not egglocked and wave goodbye to 75k.
That's exactly what I did; I decided I liked the golden tinsel wyrm best and got one of those lol.
RIP my fantasy of getting even one, let alone a breeding pair, of each black market creature lol. (Still haven't gotten most of the regular shop creatures either!)

I love this game and am grateful it's technically free to play; that's why I'm happy to buy shards to support the site. However, after my calculation that buying a breeding pair of old donis from the Shimmering Shop over the period of a year (to get each month's old creatures) would cost roughly $5k (in real life USD) and now with the high prices of the shop creatures, I do wish all prices were much lower. Maybe also some mini-games or new quests or something as a way to add activities and earn more gold?
Previous username: ChaoticWhispers
Thank you so very much to everyone who sent a gift! <3
Wishlist//Gender Swaps (also looking to swap male Ixan Mist Walker for female)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Zinia wrote: December 11th, 2023, 10:41:42 am
faedemon wrote: December 11th, 2023, 9:04:22 am ahhh goodness i love the wyrms so much. Zinia is so right though, months of gold saving can go with 1 egg and i don't even have enough for one each of the wyrms... LOL. i'll probably just pick one of em after i'm not egglocked and wave goodbye to 75k.
That's exactly what I did; I decided I liked the gold tinsel wyrm best and got one of those lol.
RIP my fantasy of getting even one, let alone a breeding pair, of each black market creature lol. (Still haven't gotten most of the regular shop creatures either!)

I love this game and am grateful it's technically free to play; that's why I'm happy to buy shards to support the site. However, after my calculation that buying a breeding pair of old donis from the Shimmering Shop over the period of a year (to get each month's old creatures) would cost roughly $5k (in real life USD) and now with the high prices of the shop creatures, I do wish all prices were much lower.
MS donis cost $20 a month if you want a pair of everything, which is relatively cheap compared to other sites with premium things to buy - on FR that gets you one single scroll, for example. Considering that MS has been around for almost 15 years, and there's been 3 donis every month for most of that, 5k for 500+ creatures really isn't that ludicrous?

The black market prices all being pretty high this time around is kind of frustrating, but given that before, my only chance of getting any ice kitsunes was to pray someone sells them and cough up 2 million gold each, and for the wyrms it was of order probably 200k each, these prices don't feel quite as bad to me. It helps that I actually have some gold saved up this time around, though.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”