[Wind] Solunas Wyvern

Earth and Wind creature design contest
Piney
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

[Wind] Solunas Wyvern

Post by Piney »

The Solunas Wyvern is a strange creature. It has a draconian head with a beakish mouth and a combination of both feathers and scales, with more feathers on its chest and more scales around its face and legs. It brandishes two pairs of wings, one that's both feathery and leathery and cold as ice and one that's completely feathery and hot as the sun. The feathers on its head are also firey while the horns are freezing to the touch. It sports black and white feathers on its ears and rear. The two long 'tail feathers' are actually two long and thin tails with a single feather at the ends.

Many people believe that it didn't come about naturally so there are quite a few stories surrounding its creation. One such story involves a sun god and a moon god that fell in love but could never meet each other because the sun's fire would melt the moon and the moon's aura would extinguish the sun. So they created a creature that could survive both the heat of the sun god and the frostiness of the moon god. The resulting Solunas Wyvern carried messages between the two lovers and it's said that stopping one while it's flying way up in the sky would incur bad luck. Another theory is that the Solunas Wyvern is a hybrid between two now extinct creatures. One of these creatures could control fire and the other creature can control ice, but the offspring of these two creatures could wield both elements and outcompeted its parent species.

Solunas Wyverns grow to be 10 feet high, although there are reports of wyverns that are twice that size. They eat meat and fish and the hatchlings will also eat insects. These wyverns can be found in places that are extremely hot or cold, like the Etain Desert or Arkene, but never in temperate climates. Solunas Wyverns are almost always found in pairs and a wyvern by itself will become aggressive and hostile. In most cases, there's a strong bond between two wyverns and they only separate to breed if they aren't compatible in the first place. And even then the breeding pair will break away after the hatchlings have grown up and the wyverns will return to their original companion. Flocks of Solunas Wyverns have been seen but because of their size and magic, the resources in that area will quickly run out and the flock will splinter off into pairs. A wyvern that's raised by a Magi will be more peaceful overall and might even pair up with other fire or ice creatures like phoenixes and elemental gryphons.

A Solunas Wyvern can control both fire and ice, although the strength of its powers varies on the time of day. During the day, its fire magic will be the strongest and during the night, its ice powers reigns supreme. A Solunas Wyvern seems to draw most of its powers from the sun during the day and the moon when it's nighttime. So its magic is considerably weakened when it's cloudy, the wyvern is indoors, or when it's dawn or dusk. That's why these wyverns prefer to be outdoors above all else and even a tamed one will get antsy if it can't see the sky.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: [Wind] Solunas Wyvern

Post by Firebird »

wow love this one too! great colors! <3
ImageImage
Mysfytt
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mysfytt »

very nice
I am so excited...- ImageWheeeeeeee!
Evil does not understand beauty for it can never possess it,
so hidden away, secretly, in the dark - It destroys it.

ShadowVixen
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowVixen »

Let me sum up what I think of this creature. I Want One. The colors and design you used were perfect and I loved the story behind it. I want this to be a real creature that I can have in my keep. I really love everything about it. *Makes grabby hands wanting to hug it.*
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

Well, to quote Shulk...
Actually, no, that's overdone. The point is, my opinion remains the same - and that opinion is that it is awesome.

I'm really feeling it!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
MysticDawn
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by MysticDawn »

It's gorgeous! ^_^
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

I love this one xD Pretty much everything about it~
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
Sarah745
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Sarah745 »

Omg! I vote this one over my own creation! This. Creation. Is. Just. AMAZING.
To whom it may concern
Firm Protestant, Female, traditional marriage, patriot, chicken liver

ImageImageImageImage

LF March 6th Anything
Savis Mouse Army = 150 + counting
hikariangelwings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by hikariangelwings »

This is just awesome! OwO I want it!
~ Life is Chaos ~
I click ALL the creatures on this page!
SB and 1st Gen Doni Sale
Quicksale! SB Herbalist and Watershop creatures too!

LTB SB ICE KITSUNE! PM ME FOR DETAILS

Return to “October 2014 Monthly Contest”