Cactus cat and thunder bird!! plz read

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Fox
CreaturesTrade

Cactus cat and thunder bird!! plz read

Post by Fox »

cactus cat

egg: two cat-like ears are poking out of the egg.It's rather painful to pick up, as it also has spines peeking out of the eggshell.
hatchling: although seemingly innocent, anyone who touches it risks being poked by the sharp spines running along the length of its body. luckily for anyone who has it for a friend, it can soften its spikes, although sometimes it forgets to do so. Most times it remembers, however. This action is reserved only for its human companion.
adult: Your cactus cat brushes against your leg, poking your leg painfully. As large as a hyena, this cat possesses the ability to slice through the thickest metal with its sharp spikes.
general: cactus cats generally live in the desert. They use their sharp spines to slice open cactuses to get at the water in the stem. Their eggs are very hard to get at, as they are protected by their parents. The only way to get their eggs are by picking them up at The Stream-although this is also difficult, as the eggs are covered in spines.

What do you think of it? It might not be the best-so don't expect anything spectacular.
Last edited by Fox on September 16th, 2009, 12:07:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am a dog walking backwards," said the fox. "I am a wolf who sends flowers."
SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Cactus cat!! plz read

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

Interesting concept. Here are some pointers:

Add detailed physical description of cactus cat. Is it basically just a green cat with spikes? (Because that's the impression I got from it)

And also this:
luckily for anyone who has it for a friend, it can soften its spikes.
Your cactus cat brushes against your leg, poking your leg painfully.
Wouldn't the cactus cat soften its spikes if it brushed against you? :P
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~
Fox
CreaturesTrade

Re: Cactus cat!! plz read

Post by Fox »

That better? :D

Also, I didn't put the color because i forgot about it. I researched it on the web and it didn't say, so I'm guessing that it is either a sandy brown or a cactus green. sry about that. :sweat: :D
Thunder Bird
egg: this yellow egg is pulsing with energy and light. Electric sparks fly from it constantly, although it is apparently harmless.

hatchling: The hatchling is tiny, shimmering with orange-yellow. A golden plumage graces its head and wing feathers. The faint electric sparks are now thin, small bolts that flashes around. As it hops around trying to fly, you have to avoid all the sparks and keep yourself from jumping when you hear a faint rumbling noise.

adult: The golden plumage has spread across its body, only leaving the belly untouched. Electric sparks are now transformed into lightning, and sometimes you have to dodge them. This is rather hard sometimes, as the thunder startles you if the bird is hovering in the air.

general: Thunder Birds are very powerful. They can grow as big as a gryphon, and sometimes a little bigger. Like them, they might let their owners ride them if they are kind and caring enough. Thunder Birds' lightning is very powerful, able to slay a full-grown Leviathon-although storm leviathons are more protected, seeing that they live in storms. However, thunder birds are very gentle with their owners, careful not to scratch them with their beak or talons. They are very loyal and wonderful friends to have.

Howzat? :D :sweat:
"I am a dog walking backwards," said the fox. "I am a wolf who sends flowers."

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”