Guen's Entry! ^^ *fail* I can haz criticism?

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Guenhwyvar7373
CreaturesTrade

Guen's Entry! ^^ *fail* I can haz criticism?

Post by Guenhwyvar7373 »

I chose to make some descriptions.

Raven:

Egg: This egg is soft and black. There is a dark feathered wing poking out of it.

Hatchling: A young bird has emerged from this egg. It follows you everywhere, sitting on your shoulder and fluttering around the Keep. It holds a special passion for shiny things, and it has stolen bright gems from many other magi. An intelligent thief, the hatchling stores its plunder behind bookcases and under your bed. You can't help being amazed at the things it can steal.

Adult: An adult raven sits on your shoulder, cawing, its powerful black wings folded in, cruel beak opening and closing. Every so often it will wing off to pluck at a shiny stone or bit of metal. Now a confident flier, it can carry messages for you and speak simple words. You have a funny feeling that it knows secrets that no magi knows, and it seems to mock your efforts to teach it things. The beady glare from its yellow eyes can easily make any person nervous.

General: Ravens are considered ill luck by many magi, and shunned by Rocs, Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and other noble creatures. They are intelligent birds, but not very brave- when the going gets tough, they are happy to leave. However, they are fiercely loyal, and won't desert their masters if commanded to stay. Ravens are thieves, and stealing is second nature to them. They will bring trinkets to their masters on a daily basis, and love to trick others.

Description since I can't sprite: For the egg, it would be similar to the Gryphon egg, except black with feather patterns on it, and one wing instead of two. The wing protrudes on the right, and is tilted upwards instead of to the side.
The hatchling would be hunched over on the ground with its wings slightly extending to either side, facing to your right. Its beak would be slightly open, and the head would be tilted back, as if begging for food. Its wings would be only half open, and dragging on the ground. It would have feather patterns and be the same color as the egg, with yellow eyes.
The adult would be facing your right also, with both wings folded in and the left leg slightly in front of the other, both placed firmly on the ground. Its beak would be closed. It would have black plumage, feather patterns, and yellow eyes, with the head slightly tilted toward your direction.

Albino Raven (wtf?):

Egg: This egg is soft and white. There is a pale feathered wing poking out of it.

Hatchling: A young white bird has emerged from this egg. It follows you everywhere, sitting on your shoulder and fluttering around the Keep. It holds a special passion for shiny things, and it has stolen bright gems from many other magi. An intelligent thief, the hatchling stores its plunder behind bookcases and under your bed. You can't help being amazed at the things it can steal.

Adult: An adult raven sits on your shoulder, cawing, its powerful alabaster wings folded in, cruel beak opening and closing. Every so often it will wing off to pluck at a shiny stone or bit of metal. Now a confident flier, it can carry messages for you and speak simple words. You have a funny feeling that it knows secrets that no magi knows, and it seems to mock your efforts to teach it things. The beady glare from its red eyes can easily make any person nervous, and yet it is shunned by other crows because of its odd coloring.

General: Albino ravens are considered bad luck by many magi, and shunned by Rocs, Gryphons, Hippogryphs, and other noble creatures. Their white coloring causes them to be ignored by other crows, so albino ravens stick together. They are intelligent birds, but not very brave- when the going gets tough, they are happy to leave. However, they are fiercely loyal, and won't desert their masters if commanded to stay. Ravens are thieves, and stealing is second nature to them. They will bring trinkets to their masters on a daily basis, and love to trick others.

Description since I can't sprite: For the egg, it would be similar to the Gryphon egg, except white with feather patterns on it, and one wing instead of two. The wing protrudes on the right, and is tilted upwards instead of to the side.
The hatchling would be hunched over on the ground with its wings slightly extending to either side, facing to your right. Its beak would be slightly open, and the head would be tilted back, as if begging for food. Its wings would be only half open, and dragging on the ground. It would have feather patterns and be the same color as the egg, with red eyes.
The adult would be facing your right also, with both wings folded in and the left leg slightly in front of the other, both placed firmly on the ground. Its beak would be closed. It would have white plumage, feather patterns, and red eyes, with the head slightly tilted toward your direction.

Ice Dragon:

Egg: A tiny blue wing is folded around this egg. It is cold and has a scaly texture.

Hatchling: A small dragon hatched from this egg. It has blue scales and is always cold to the touch. Its wings are bright blue, and it flutters around clumsily. The hatchling seems to enjoy sleeping a lot, and is somewhat lethargic. However, it has a lust for anything shiny or valuable. It has begun to hoard trinkets in its nest.

Adult: An adult ice dragon lies in front of you, fast asleep. Its wings are folded, and icicles have started to grow on it. Under it is a mound of gold coins, and treasure is heaped all around it. It rustles slightly, beginning to stir, and you creep away quietly. You know that if it wakes up, it will kill you for entering its treasure cave.

General: Ice dragons are greedy and have treasure hoards. Their favorite pastime is sleeping, however, and they are grumpy if awoken. These large reptiles are extremely powerful, however, and excellent allies for a magi. Ice dragons can breathe ice, and are extremely selfish. They are rare, coming from the northernmost regions of Arkene, and will only ever help the magi that raised them.

Description since I can't sprite: For the egg, it would be similar to the hippogryph egg, except this color with scale patterns on it, and a more jointed, angular wing. The wing is folded over from the left, and the membranes connecting the 'fingers' are white.
The hatchling would be lying on the ground, curled up, with both wings tightly folded over the body. Its tail lies over its snout, and the snout faces the left. It is scaly and the same color as the egg, with four clawed legs folded under it and spikes along its back and tail. It has white eyes and white wing membranes.
The adult would be facing the right, and in a similar posture to the Celestial dragon. However, its coloring would be the same as the hatchling, and there would be icicles hanging from its wings and chin.

Fire Dragon:

Egg: A tiny red wing is folded around this egg. It is warm and has a scaly texture.

Hatchling: A small dragon hatched from this egg. It has red scales and is always hot to the touch. Its wings are bright orange, and it flutters around clumsily. The hatchling seems to enjoy moving a lot, and is somewhat hyperactive. However, it has a lust for anything shiny or valuable. It has begun to hoard trinkets in its nest.

Adult: An adult fire dragon lies in front of you, watching you carefully. Its wings are folded, and glowing with heat. Under it is a mound of partially melted gold coins, and treasure is heaped all around it. It rustles slightly, arching its neck, and you creep away quietly. You know that if it decides you are a threat, it will kill you for being in its treasure cave.

General: Fire dragons are greedy and have treasure hoards. Their favorite pastime is flying, however, and they are very animated. These large reptiles are extremely powerful, and excellent allies for a magi with their fire breath. They are rare, coming from the southernmost regions of Voltar, and will only ever help the magi that raised them, as any others are believed to pose a threat to their hoard.

Description since I can't sprite: For the egg, it would be similar to the hippogryph egg, except this color with scale patterns on it, and a more jointed, angular wing. The wing is folded over from the left, and the membranes connecting the 'fingers' are black.
The hatchling would be sitting up, with both wings slightly extended. Its tail is up, and it faces the right. It is scaly and the same coloring as the egg, with four clawed legs folded under it and spikes along its back and tail. It has black wing membranes and gold eyes.
The adult would be facing the right, and in a similar posture to the Celestial dragon. However, its coloring would be the same as the hatchling, and the wings would be more extended.

Hydra:

Egg: This green egg has a tiny snake's head poking out of it. It is cold and clammy.

Hatchling: A small hydra has emerged from your egg, shattering it with a whip of its heads. It has nine snake heads, all dripping with poisonous venom. Its body is scaled, and it seems to enjoy causing other creatures pain. Oddly enough, when one of its heads was accidentally severed, two grew in its place.

Adult: An adult hydra hisses at you, and you back away slowly. Its yellow eyes are malevolent, and though you raised it, it still hurts you sometimes. Its heads dip and weave in a hypnotizing dance, venom trickling down its scales as its clawed feet shift. As you leave, however, it relaxes and seems to blend into the foliage, waiting for another victim.

General: Hydras are vicious and some magi believe they are evil. They do not recognize kindness, and though they are cowardly, they are cruel to weaker creatures just for the fun of it, it seems. However, they are rare, and many magi value them for that. They come from the depths of the Jungle of Raza, and only a few have ever been recovered. Each hydra has nine heads to begin with, and when one is severed, two more grow from its place. Its fangs are extremely venomous.

Description since I can't sprite: For the egg, it would be similar to the kraken egg, except with a small green snake head poking out. It would be green, and the head would protrude from the bottom left.
The hatchling would be crouching and its heads would be facing forward. It would be the same color as the egg, with yellow eyes and white fangs. There are nine heads, and four legs. The tail would be stretched out backwards.
The adult would be facing the right, in a similar position to the manticore. The heads would mostly be facing your right, and a few would be facing you. The legs would be firmly on the ground, and the eyes would be yellow. The general color scheme would be the same as the hatchling. The tail would be curled around, coming around its back to face you, and the fangs would be white.

I'm going to add more of these as I have time. ^^ I don't like the descriptions I typed, but hey, what can I do?
Last edited by Guenhwyvar7373 on September 13th, 2009, 5:23:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Friends don't let friends drink and derive.
[ I'm very sorry. ]

Image Image ImageImageImageImage
Frostfoxen
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Guen's Entry! ^^ *fail*

Post by Frostfoxen »

Boy, would I love to have a raven for a pet here! :wee:
Help my critters get bigger!
-----------
Follow the creatures to their respective sites.
-----------
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
-----------
More clickies in my profile.
Gender trading. Image-Free Goldmine (off-site).
**Æ**
Guenhwyvar7373
CreaturesTrade

Post by Guenhwyvar7373 »

Frostfoxen wrote:Boy, would I love to have a raven for a pet here! :wee:
Lawl, me too, but most other people's entries beat the crap out of mine. ^^
[ I'm very sorry. ]

Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

Don't sell yourself short! D:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Guenhwyvar7373
CreaturesTrade

Post by Guenhwyvar7373 »

Arimermaid wrote:Don't sell yourself short! D:
Oh, but I am short!

J/k. Yea, that's kind of true, but... :t-shrug: I don't think I really have that much of a chance.
[ I'm very sorry. ]

Lauren
CreaturesTrade

Re: Guen's Entry! ^^ *fail* Criticism?

Post by Lauren »

I love it, great job writing it totally fits in with all the other MS creatures there are now. Goodluck! :D
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Man, we have both land and sea real animals, yet we have no real sky ones. A raven would be aswsome.

And yeah, i dont think i stand a chance eaither, but hey, its fun! Im sure alot of people like it ^_^
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Clovermcrover
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clovermcrover »

Your idea doesnt fail at all. It's a perfect idea! I really like the descriptions you have them.

I'll probley not win
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Guenhwyvar7373
CreaturesTrade

Post by Guenhwyvar7373 »

Why thanks. ^^ I probably won't win, but hey, if you don't try, you don't get anything! Lol.
[ I'm very sorry. ]

Clovermcrover
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clovermcrover »

Well it was worth a try anyways XD
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”