Aqua Cat, Moondance Cat, Sphinx, Kyrelion

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Aqua Cat, Moondance Cat, Sphinx, Kyrelion

Post by waterlight »

Basically it is an aquatic cat. I was thinking of having it be a cross between a winged cat and hippocampus.
Egg
A dolphinlike tail pokes out of this turquoise egg.
Hatchling
You watch with bated breath as the egg cracks open, expecting some sort of fish to emerge. Instead, a kitten pads cautiously towards you, watching your every move with quizzical green eyes. But this is no ordinary cat. Its fur is a subtle blend of blue, purple, and green, and its tail is certainly fishy. To top it all off, a pair of tiny blue wings glitter on its back.
Adult
Not a kitten anymore, your cat has grown into a proud feline, trotting majestically about the Keep until ''bonk'' it runs into a wall. Such clumsiness is left behind when the creature enters the water. With ease it paddles along, diving underwater for up to an hour at a time. It can fly, but does so rarely, as it is unnacustomed to being out of the water for long.
General
Aqua cats are gentle and playful, wonderful to have around the Keep but a little unsettling in the water. They often play in Lake Lakira, scaring all the koi. When they plunge into the shallows they seem to dissappear, visible only as a dark ripple in the water.
At night these cats gather to call out the Aurora from its slumber in the dark night sky.
Last edited by waterlight on September 13th, 2009, 12:54:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImage

Poke_gurl
CreaturesTrade

Re: Aqua Cat/Water Lion

Post by Poke_gurl »

I like your creature! Its really good and awesome :t-:3: :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
>Clicking my creatures won't only make them grow but you get a free taco as well<
waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Re: Aqua Cat/Water Lion

Post by waterlight »

Moondance Cat
Egg
A silver egg with bright blue wings.
Hatchling
The beautiful egg cracks open and dissolves into a fine silver mist. A kitten steps forward, its glossy fur rippling as it walks. Gleaming blue wings carry it into the air. Its sapphire eyes are innocent and curious, but at times great wisdom shines out of them.
Adult
Now fully grown, your cat is sleek and graceful. It frequents the skies, gliding effortlessly for hours at a time. As much as it likes to fly, the cat always returns for naps and stroking throughout the day.
General
Mysterious by nature, moondance cats are named for the way they flit across the night sky. They are elusive, but are sometimes found in Arkene, where they seem at home in the cold. Moondance cats bond quickly with the magi who raises them.
ImageImage

SunsetVWF026
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Aqua Cat, Moondance Cat, Sphinx, Kyrelion

Post by SunsetVWF026 »

Aww, I like the aqua and moondance cats. So adorable! :D
Forgotten Unicorn Hoard: 984/1000. Fun fact, I currently own 4.48% of all Forgotten Unicorns on Magistream. Almost there!
13/25 presents~
wiki234
CreaturesTrade

Post by wiki234 »

lol the cat is doing a moon walk cause it says moondance they are perfect keep it up!!
( I love doing 1x1 rps, please pm if you want to do one please!!)
╔╦╦
╠╬╬╬╣
╠╬╬╬╣OK! WHO ATE MY
╚╩╩╩╝ CHOCOLATE!!
┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) (╯°□°)╯┻━┻
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

I like both cats! I like anything feline, but these are really awesome! Especially the Moondance cat. It looks like it would be a silvery, winged version of the Temple Cat. Very nice! And it would most likely be obtainable in the shops, rather than donation, so even better! It sounds gorgeous.

The aqua cat I like as well, however, I don't understand wings on an aquatic thing. Yes, there are "flying fish" but they don't really fly. I think a half-dolphin, half-cat thing would be neat, though, just without wings. Wouldn't they always have waterlogged feathers? How would they have enough power to lift a heavy dolphin tail? No creature takes off from a standstill, they either run or dive from a perch, so how would this thing be able to swim and flap at the same time?

Other than that, I think these are great entries. I think the judges are going to have a hard time choosing only three winners what with you, Si1vermoon, and some others out there.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Post by waterlight »

I was thinking of butterfly type wings.
ImageImage

waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Post by waterlight »

Last edited by waterlight on September 16th, 2009, 9:35:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Post by waterlight »

Sphinx
Egg
A sandy, speckled egg.
Hatchling
A golden paw bursts out of the egg, followed by a strange-looking lion cub. Its body is completely normal, but its face is human, except for those glowing golden eyes. Slightly mischievous at times, sphinxes will sit uncannily still for hours and then jump out at unsuspecting magi.
Adult
Your sphinx, fully grown, is majestic, powerful, and too big to fit into the Keep. Instead, it watches over your pets, protecting them when they wander.
General
Sphinxes are wise and compassionate creatures. They are often found in the deserts of Etain, asking riddles to those who try to pass them.
ImageImage

waterlight
CreaturesTrade

Post by waterlight »

Kyrelion
Egg
A purple egg, speckled with green and sprouting a paddlelike tail.
Hatchling
The purple egg cracks open and crumbles into dust. The creature inside is one of the strangest you've ever seen. It most resembles a plesiosaur, but with an alligator's head. Presently it stirs, curling up into a more comfortable position before going back to sleep. You reach tentatively towards it, stroking it with two fingers. The creature opens one golden eye and lets out what could pass for a purr.
Adult
Your kyrelion has grown from the size of a kitten to that of an alligator. It enjoys swimming greatly and sometimes invents water games to play with other creatures.
General
Kyrelions are keen, curious, and playful. Largely tropical creatures,they are found on the Callisto Islands.
ImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”