Chrys's Entries- WITH ART!

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
ChrysalisWolfHero
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Chrys's Entries- WITH ART!

Post by ChrysalisWolfHero »

Well, here it goes...

General- The Thylacine, better known as the Tasmanian Wolf, is an energetic, fun-loving creature. Although it resembles a dog, you can see a couple mother Thylacines carrying newly-formed eggs in their pouches, proving their existence as marsupials. The stripes on their back are unusual, yet add to the Thylacine's attractive, and strange, look. They swift-moving and clever, and it is not possible to catch a wild, fleeing Thylacine. Even if you do catch one with another method, any magi should be aware of the fierceness, ferocity, and flat out danger of a scared or protective Thylacine. Yet, if they are well trained, Thylacines can be loving pets, and a comforting joy to take along on quests through almost any type of terrain, excluding mountains.

Egg- A long, skinny tail and a faintly striped bottom raises your eyebrows at this peculiar egg.

Hatchling- Your unusual egg has hatched into an energetic hatchling resembling a dog. It loves to pounce on small mammals, and race against others of it's kind, showing off it's impressive speed and agility. It's stripes are starting to darken with maturity. It is very bold, and also quite mischevious. It sniffs at every corner, and you wonder for it's safety.
Image (grr... don't mind the different-colored ears. SAI was not cooperating with me tonight! And sorry for the oversize!)

Adult- The fun-loving hatchling you adored has turned into a larger and mature form of the fun-loving hatchling. It's stripes are much darker than when it was an egg, and it moves much faster and more athletic than when it was a hatchling. Such a creature in the wild would be dangerous enemy, but in your proper care, it is kind, sweet, and always helpful to others with good intentions.

Maybe the adult will have it's front right paw (ex. the front paw sticking out in the hatchling picture) be slightly raised, as if wondering where to put it, whilst it's nose is turned up towards the sky, like it's sniffing for something. That pose would not only show the Thylacine's curiosity, but the it would also be dramatic!

NEW: Cheosprolf (MY own creature. Yes, I decided that I will do sprites, but I will use Paint cause SAI is being a brat XD. PLUS the sprites will not look so good, therefore I am only showing the preferred pose)

General-With their slender, cheetah body adorned with faded spots, wolf's head, tail, and legs, and an Osprey's wings, eyes, and feet, Cheosprolves are certainly beautiful creatures to look at. You are very lucky to see one of these rare, exotic beasts flying around in pursuit of airborne prey. Cheosprolves are naturally bold, yet not viscous at first glance. Aggressiveness comes as a last resort, especially when a Cheosprolf has many equipped features to help it escape- the wisdom of a Wolf, the land speed of a Cheetah, and the airborne speed of an Osprey. Cheosprolves make strange noises- they can make a sharp sound, like that of the wolf, but the bark would be shrill, like an opsrey. It also purrs, a high-pitched purr of a wolf/cheetah-ish sound. Cheosprolves are wonderful companions to have, even if a hatchling is brought to the Keep from wilderness, because of their love for company, happiness, and they love to play. For a long journey, Cheosprolves are excellent creatures to have- they'll keep you warm, hunt, and fish. And they'll defend you to death- after all, they pay back loyalty and kindness you must've shown it.

Egg- A layer of downy feathers blended with fur adorned with faded spots cover this small, sturdy egg. A fluffy tail wags out behind it, and a wing flaps exitedly. You feel there is something really special about this egg, and you hold it to your chest like a newborn baby.
Image (I can't believe I did the wing feathers with black instead of the other color I was using! :headdesk: Self explanitory)

Hatchling- Your precious egg has hatched into a strange-looking, lively baby. You never expected it to have a wolf's head, tail, and legs, a cheetah's body, and an opsrey's wings, eyes, and talons. The hacthling waddles up to you, as fragile and uncertain as a deer fawn, and sniffs at your hands. It looks you in the eyes, and you are lost in it's yellow osprey gaze. You now know why this creature is so special to you- it is so rare, and already, at this young stage of life, it trusts you with the rest of it's life. As the hatchling grows bigger, it stays by your side, except when you tell it to play with the other creatures. It gets along amazingly well with the Dirwolves, Koi, Winged Cats, and Hippogriffs. It doesn't go near the Krakens, Manticores, and Gryphons however.
Image (I like the way this turned out compared to the fact that this is my first time doing it on a not-so-good computer program AND the fact that it's a semi frontview! The only things I don't like are 1., Too lazy to add shading, and 2. The talons look weird like he's floating. But basically, he's in semi-frontview, and it's wings outish and to the sides. He is sorta leaning backwards, and the muzzle should sorta be pointed toward the ground)

Adult- Your extremely loyal, and somewhat shy, cub has grown into a wise, beautiful, and somewhat deadly creature. It still stays at your side, but it is no longer shy. It is more independant, and for this, you are somewhat sad. You remember when it would always look up to you, and it still does, but no longer for protection. It now gets along well with the bigger creatures, and has gerat patience with bold little hatchlings attacking it's tail. But if a hatchling gets too rough, your kind pet will not retaliate, it will bark a high-pitched, sharp, shrill bark, to let the hatchling know it is playing too rough. Your Cheosprolf walkes up to you, a much different pace than the stumbling hatchling you onced held in your arms, and looks at you- with the same mesmorizing stare as that stumbling, dependant hatchling, and you understand: it may not need you to protect it from the big creatures of the Keep anymore, but it will always need you, and it will stay at your side indefinetely.
No pic for you!Sorry! But basically, the cheosprolf is standing at sideview, with the wings tucked neatly against it's side like a rested bird. It is looking at you. It is tall and gracefull, and no paw is front or behind another.
Last edited by ChrysalisWolfHero on September 12th, 2009, 1:24:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
Kayote
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Chrys's Entry- Thylacine!

Post by Kayote »

I can do a drawing of one. You don't know how bad I want this to win.
- Image Image -
Icon altered by me, sprite by Umbreonage

My Wishlist!
Gifts are much appreciated and thanks to everyone who has gifted me!
Arimermaid
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

These creatures became extinct by man about 40 years ago ... T_T
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Clockwork
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Clockwork »

If I remember right, it was more like 70... But oh, what a tragedy, no matter when it was commited...
Arimermaid
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arimermaid »

Clockwork wrote:If I remember right, it was more like 70... But oh, what a tragedy, no matter when it was commited...
K ... :sweat: The last one was a male that was captured and kept in a small cage for many years ... T_T
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
nightmare995
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightmare995 »

Awww, they are soo cute, i have zt2, the ultimate collection and it has the dinosaur/exticnt animal one and it has thylacine, they are super cute, we should have carnatorus, the first fossils was found in like the 1980's or somthing.
Image"If I could, hawk my love,
Could I trade, for your wings?
To cover me, unless I fall,
Sleep is eyes, closed to light,
Death's the mind, wide open."
Black Rain - Soundgarden.
ChrysalisWolfHero
CreaturesTrade

Kayote wrote:I can do a drawing of one. You don't know how bad I want this to win.
Thanks :t-happycry: Of course you could! I don't own the picture up top, by the way.

ANYways sure, you could give it a shot! :D
Mine
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
ChrysalisWolfHero
CreaturesTrade

I added the preferred poses for the egg and hatchling! (Adult is too hard XD) I just typed what the adult's preffered pose would be.
Mine
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---
nightmare995
CreaturesTrade

Post by nightmare995 »

Here is the thread for a zoo tycoon 2 thylacine: http://flickr.com/photos/penguinsane/2548732786/ Copy and paste, i think it's cute! :wee:
Image"If I could, hawk my love,
Could I trade, for your wings?
To cover me, unless I fall,
Sleep is eyes, closed to light,
Death's the mind, wide open."
Black Rain - Soundgarden.
ChrysalisWolfHero
CreaturesTrade

Lol that actually LOOKS like a Tasmanian Tiger! (Well a Thy is known as a Tasmanian Tiger and Wolf)
Mine
Eggsitting
---
Merchant Stuff
---

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”