How the Fog Ray Came to be

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

MoiraMoira
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

How the Fog Ray Came to be

Post by MoiraMoira »

Once, in the isolated, fantasy-filled land of Icaron- before the Magi were created- there lived four mighty rays: Neve, Sole, Tempesta, and Pianura. The creatures ruled the skies for years upon years. Neve, whose name was Italian for 'snow', was a light gray color with an icey blue tint. Snowflakes and icicles came and went as they pleased when she was around, often forming around or attached to her skin, as well as being left behind in her wake. She was known as the most beautiful of the four rays. Sole, whose name was Italian for 'sun', was a bright blue color, and his body was decorated with black and golden markings. A strong force of light surrounded in at all times, illuminating the areas around him. He was known as the most intelligent. Tempesta, whose name was Italian for 'storm', was a smokey black color, his back showing symmetrical, pale yellow markings. Lightning surrunded him constantly, the yellow bolts never ceasing to calm. He was known as the strongest. And then there was Pianura, whose name was Italian for 'plain', with a simple skin color of dark gray. There was nothing great about her, about her colors, about her attribute. She was known as the smallest, the most ordinary.

This made Pianura very upset. Everyday she spent her time gliding under the others as they patrolled the lands, wishing she could be more of use and leave a better impression. Why should they be special, and not her? She deserved it more, she decided. So, one day, she decided to steal one of Tempesta's lightning bolts. It was risky, she knew, but she felt it would be worth it. But, things didn't go as planned. Tempesta caught Pianura, bellowing his wrath at her selfish, foolish action. He called a meeting with the other two beasts of the sky, Neve and Sole. It was then they decided upon Pianura's punishment: 200 years of isolation.

Neve, Sole, and Tempesta sentenced Pianura to The Trench, a 300 foot long trench filled with water and covered by a thick layer of sparkling ice. Here was where she spent her next 200 lonely years, shaming yet pitying herself in her solitude. When it was time for her isolation to end, Neve smashed a hole in the ice covering, and the Ray of Snow flew in circles, waiting, with the Ray of Sunlight and the Ray of Storms. Pianura emerged, her eyes grazing over the lands she will now roam once again. But, before that, something odd began to happen. The rays of sunlight emanating from Sole caused the water on Pianura's skin to evaporate, wisps of humid air rising from around the ray. What is happening to my skin? was the first thing she thought. The misty continued to form, until it occured to the four rays that it may never leave. Soon, even her wing tips began to fade into wispy swirls, but never any farther than that. Pianura tried flying, and sure enough, the fog clung to her body, leaving a trail of fading mist in her trail.

She was no longer Pianura, but Nebbia, the Ray of Fog.
Shena
CreaturesTrade

Re: How the Fog Ray Came to be

Post by Shena »

...Good job <3

[hey when are you going to rp lol]
MoiraMoira
CreaturesTrade

Post by MoiraMoira »

Shena wrote:...Good job <3

[hey when are you going to rp lol]
Thank you <3 [whenever I can write 5 page long posts]
Shena
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shena »

[it's not hard once yuo get the hang of it]
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

Hmm, I like it! It's interesting. I think it'd be fun to see more of these types of stories, like how certain creatures came to be. c: Nice job.
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
MoiraMoira
CreaturesTrade

Post by MoiraMoira »

Thanks <3

Return to “The Den”