How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by EstherGamer »

Pugnacious wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:47:14 am Welp. Got my new charger today. It works, thank god!
...But turns out not only was the charger busted, the port was done, too. God I hate modern laptops. They break down at the drop of a hat, the ports keep getting smaller and smaller and fewer and fewer, can't plug headphones in, bluetooth audio for headhpones is entirely busted, I can only hope and pray the bluetooth mouse works even slightly better than headphones so I don't have to choose between using a mouse or charging my laptop.
Ohh yeah. I too hate how with every new device generation they remove stuff that are still being used like headphone jacks. Sure, my main pair of headphones is Bluetooth, but those are mainly for travel due to my strong hatred for earbuds (I don't know how people can RUN with WIRELESS EARBUDS without losing them. I can barely sit down on a chair wearing WIRED earbuds without them deciding "byeeee!" and falling out of my ears if I don't wear my beanie to hold them in place -. -), and I prefer wired... everything really. I'm too good at losing things and wires make things easier to find.
Thankfully my laptop and phone both still have headphone jacks, same with all the other devices I use. But I'm not looking forward to the day I end up with something that doesn't have them anymore.

And let's not even get started on the batteries. Anyone else remember the DS you could use all day, charge overnight and then use it all day again? I miss those batteries...
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I get my PC back again today. Here's hoping it's properly fixed this time. The tech seems very confident that it's because I used my old M.2 hard drive in the new build - it was programmed and established for a different mobo, different processor, etc., so when I crammed the old bones into the new build, it didn't fit quite the way it should. It ran, but crashed frequently. He believes the new M.2 he installed will resolve the issues I've been having.

I certainly hope so, because I can't stand using the click threads/IFN/Yarolds on my laptop anymore. She's a good old girl, but after experiencing the speed with which my new rig loads links, I can't abide how long it takes my poor lil' laptop :lol:

Also, I really want to play Palworld :yarly:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Congrats to Pup first off!!! You remind me of my gf /pos. I have faith in you and ur partner :33

Today it's raining. More Maple Life Updates to come!!
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
Katnilb
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katnilb »

EstherGamer wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:58:57 am
Pugnacious wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:47:14 am Welp. Got my new charger today. It works, thank god!
...But turns out not only was the charger busted, the port was done, too. God I hate modern laptops. They break down at the drop of a hat, the ports keep getting smaller and smaller and fewer and fewer, can't plug headphones in, bluetooth audio for headhpones is entirely busted, I can only hope and pray the bluetooth mouse works even slightly better than headphones so I don't have to choose between using a mouse or charging my laptop.
Ohh yeah. I too hate how with every new device generation they remove stuff that are still being used like headphone jacks. Sure, my main pair of headphones is Bluetooth, but those are mainly for travel due to my strong hatred for earbuds (I don't know how people can RUN with WIRELESS EARBUDS without losing them. I can barely sit down on a chair wearing WIRED earbuds without them deciding "byeeee!" and falling out of my ears if I don't wear my beanie to hold them in place -. -), and I prefer wired... everything really. I'm too good at losing things and wires make things easier to find.
Thankfully my laptop and phone both still have headphone jacks, same with all the other devices I use. But I'm not looking forward to the day I end up with something that doesn't have them anymore.

And let's not even get started on the batteries. Anyone else remember the DS you could use all day, charge overnight and then use it all day again? I miss those batteries...
I'm generally ok with laptops/desktops having fewer ports - I can always dock them.

Oddly, my current laptop has 2 charging ports - an older-style circular connector and a USB-C port.

The problem I've got with wired headphones is I keep doing things like walking away wearing them and breaking the cables. (And at least twice the audio ports too...)

It's not always easy to attach a new connector to the cable either - the insulation inside headphone cables is usually a pain to deal with. Modular, replaceable cables sort of help here but way too many manufacturers use some sort of non-standard modular cable, or some sort of recessed port on the headphones that only the manufacturers cable fits.

I remember the DS. It had much, much better battery life than the Switch - particularly the Switch I've got which pretty much needs a charger plugged in if you're planning to play for more than a single hour.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

I've bred so many many many pairs of creatures these few days here. Got so many eggs that I wanted. Overall, very productive couple of days on MS ^.^ ^.^
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Life rant
Spoiler
Been without a job for 15 days now. I feel like crawling up the walls. I sent my resume to a good bunch of places with 0 responses so far. I know I need to be patient but it really makes me feel like pulling my hair out.
The worst part is that I have no motivation to do anything. While I was working I usually tried to fill my free days with everything I could. Go shopping, read, write, draw, and do puzzles. Now I just sit and mostly do nothing. I should be using this free time doing stuff that I like. But no, I just waste it instead with mind-numbing games on my phone.
I'm very angry with myself.
by Saebra
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Ah fuck, when'd it get to be almost the end of the month? I basically haven't touched the shimmering shop at all yet this month and it turns out I've got quite the backlog of January donis that I'm missing :sweat:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Kestrad wrote: January 25th, 2024, 2:19:40 pm Ah fuck, when'd it get to be almost the end of the month?
This is me realizing I still haven't made much progress on a short story that I was supposed to have finished in December... :facepalm:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
LittleMaple
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LittleMaple »

Update on Maple Life: weird guy in math IS STILL WEIRD. Genuinely wtf because I've told him no before and he doesn't listen. Tried to give me his snap and i was laughing to myself because I already blocked him. My gf is being very amazing as always tho :3 also!!! Got my internship application turn in for the forestry.... I'm terrified /pos
Meowdy!! I'm Maple :3 I have a fantastic soulfriend offsite <3

I'm a newer user and I struggle with social cues and have minor anxiety around pms. Please keep this in mind when messaging me :3

Mobile user only </3
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I think I just discovered the stupidest hospital policy ever. Who bills a CAR insurance for the medical fees over billing the medical insurance? And to top it off, it's MY car insurance being billed for a hit and run incident where my car was legally parked and no one was even IN it (I was hit while loading groceries into the trunk). They said it's policy to bill the car insurance first in vehicle incidents, and since I do not have the other driver's info, the bill falls onto mine by default. Like, what now?

My car insurance company is also confused and has thrown the whole file out because even they find it ridiculous.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:

Return to “Community Discussion”