How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
AuraDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by AuraDragoness »

Kinda bummed. Tried to buy 2 Temple Burrowers since they disappear at rollover and got a message saying the requested page was not found :/ I've already reported it in the site errors thread and hope I don't miss out.
~Aura is with me~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist | My Shop
Image<Keep Guardians>Image
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

AuraDragoness wrote: September 14th, 2023, 10:33:16 pm Kinda bummed. Tried to buy 2 Temple Burrowers since they disappear at rollover and got a message saying the requested page was not found :/ I've already reported it in the site errors thread and hope I don't miss out.
Buying donis functionality just came back, if you want to grab them quickly before rollover hits.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
AuraDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by AuraDragoness »

Kestrad wrote: September 14th, 2023, 11:45:34 pm
AuraDragoness wrote: September 14th, 2023, 10:33:16 pm Kinda bummed. Tried to buy 2 Temple Burrowers since they disappear at rollover and got a message saying the requested page was not found :/ I've already reported it in the site errors thread and hope I don't miss out.
Buying donis functionality just came back, if you want to grab them quickly before rollover hits.
Yup, got 'em :D
~Aura is with me~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist | My Shop
Image<Keep Guardians>Image
GoldenPhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by GoldenPhoenix »

I think I'll make a gentle comeback, play here in my spare time etc.

Lots to catch up on I guess. Is this place busier or quieter since like 2015?
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[/spoiler][/center]
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

i have pet snails. i have the urge to pet them like the cute little things they are, but they're aquatic and snails and not only would they not like that but also it would probably just be really wet and slimy.
i need something to pet. it's very sad to have nothing to pet.
Last edited by Solbrekt on September 15th, 2023, 3:11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Here is my new baby I am supposed to get next week

"Wishing you success on your new adventure!"

Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: September 14th, 2023, 2:58:15 pm I hope you're right. Would be nice to see prices come down a bit.

Re-releasing some old donis has helped immensely. But the prices for those that haven't been re-released is ridiculous, IMO. 10,000,000g (ten million) or more for ONE creature is like pure greed at it's worst. Sure, you have to spend real money on donation cretures, but the difference between one shard and 1 gold is totally out of proportion... 50k - 1 on average. Adding more ways to earn gold would be a HUGE help.. the current system is totally inadequte without mining.. and since mining IS the problem, new ways to earn gold has to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I have no problem donating to the site, even on my limited income. But I have NEVER had the time or inclination to mine for hours on end. And in the end, donation creatures are just pixels.. they have no tangible value and are not 'real'.

5 to 1, 10 to 1 or even 25 to 1 should be more than an even ratio.. 50k to 1; pure greed. Then add on the 'markup' for how old the creature is... sheesh, prices like that make me sick to my stomach.
I decided a long time ago that I would rather have a bred doni for 3 gems + tip than a parentless I had to buy for 10 times the price. Because I neither want to pay that much, don't have that much, or will not have that much in the near future :/
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I don't mind bred ones either.. but it can be hard to find someone willing to breed them. But even then I think they are too expensive. With shards typically going for 50k each.. that's 150k per breeding, and if you only want a 2 shard, you're paying 50k extra.. and a 5 shard would be 250k. And if you want an unrelated pair, good luck finding a second player willing to breed for you.

That's why I think re-releasing them is the better option. Just wish they wouldn't up the price so much sometimes, after all they are only pixels.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
Kestrad
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

GoldenPhoenix wrote: September 15th, 2023, 1:00:27 am I think I'll make a gentle comeback, play here in my spare time etc.

Lots to catch up on I guess. Is this place busier or quieter since like 2015?
Definitely way quieter.

--

Just bought a bunch of jars and labels. I got way too many citrus fruit while down with covid (some from well-meaning relatives and some just from me overestimating how long I'd be sick) and I intend to go full cottagecore this weekend and make a bunch of curds. Fortunately my mother in law loves citrus curds, because there's no way I'll be able to eat it all myself :t-woo:

Now, the question is, what should I do with all the egg whites I'm going to generate? One can only eat so much chocolate mousse without exploding, and just six egg whites generates more mousse than my stand mixer can cope with. That's like, one or two batches of curd, and I'm planning to make at least three!

(I am slightly salty that I got sick with perfect timing to be unable to attend a wedding this weekend. If I'd gotten sick at the same time as my spouse, I'd be able to attend. But nooo, I had to hold out for an extra week, and so I am not quite out of quarantine yet. But it does mean more time this weekend to make absurd amounts of curd.)
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

@Kestrad There are a heck ton of Balkan dessert recipes that require only egg whites. The dessert itself usually requires a little more effort but I can assure you that every single one of them is delicious.
by Saebra

Return to “Community Discussion”