time to throw the dough

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Zanthor
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: time to throw the dough

Post by Zanthor »

Atlantica wrote:soooo what happened to my 255 dough i had? it gone.
Looks like all the magi joined forces to do the right thing: throw all the dough into the stream.

Hooray! :wee:
I just hope there aren't any environmental consequences...
The Oversharkie says:
All your Noms are belong to me!!!
Grimheart
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Grimheart »

Dough is flowing into the Stream…will it grow to be the same cookie?!

You have accepted this half-baked cookie into your Keep. Are you sure this was a good idea?
Last edited by Grimheart on April 3rd, 2023, 12:05:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Myouki
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myouki »

Well, that answers that question~
~Mostly looking for shop (especially Water and Herbal), quest, event, and hybrid creatures. Details in my wishlist (updated 05/17/2024), please and thank you~
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

passionate wrote:omg someone mustve unloaded on me :lol: howd i end up with over 200 dough!!!
LOL you got Zanthor'd. I managed to unload like 75 of them but I can only type so fast. :woo:

My keep is now 10% cookies. :lol:
25/25 gifts, thank you so much <3

Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Well, thanks to Ryves, I now have 0.00% both gender shark babies. Got one under 5% male cookie. Might see if someone is selling a female cookie under 5% (got a 5.87%, argh!). Got a ton of sharks and cookies to sell or gift to people who missed the event.

Edit: and now Zanthor has given me a female cookie 0.00%. Thanks! People on MS on awesome.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
sceries
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by sceries »

that was a lot of fun!! it was also very bad for my ability to get work done, but my keep is now 34% cookies (im not even exaggerating. i have so many cookies.) so i'd say this was a relatively productive weekend :D
im definitely not procrastinating on anything. not at all. i definitely did not throw dough for hours instead of writing papers that are already several weeks late.

thank you to everyone who threw dough at me! <3
he/him :)

18/25 - thank you so much!!
wishlist: sapphire wyverns, other shiny things and birds, parentless crystalwings? i don't mind new release crystalwings but i'd prefer old ones! extended wishlist in profile if you want it <3
no 2023 crystalwings please!
Weremoon87
MagiStream Donor
An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Weremoon87 »

Ok??? Now there's lumps of dough in the stream now? However, how my mind processed it I though it was something else ^^;
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Hey OP, can you please add the creatures' descriptions and the quest to the first post? BBKat helpfully gathered it all together already:
BBkat wrote:Quest stuff

Quest - Batter is Better than Butter?
Spoiler
It's an absolutely lovely spring day today - the sun shining overhead without a single cloud in sight, the temperature absolutely perfect for a pleasant stroll by the Stream - and so when you finish your tasks for the day, you decide to do just that.

Only, the instant you set foot outside your room, you're literally floored by some sticky, splattery, yet surprisingly solid projectile whamming into the side of your head.

"Oh no!" Someone yells, as you pick yourself up. The weird mass that hit you rolls off your face in a strangely cohesive glob. You catch it before it hits the floor. Wait….is that cookie dough?? You're distracted from further investigation as someone jogs up to you - presumably the person who beaned you in the first place.

"Are you all right?" The other magi asks, slightly breathless. "I was aiming for my friend, but then you happened to step out at the exact wrong moment." You glance around, but no one else is in the hallway. The other magi, correctly interpreting your gesture, hurries to explain. "I was trying out a throwing spell that sends the projectile flying towards a specified target as fast as it can, but slows down to a reasonable speed right before it hits. It's a modified mail spell! I guess I didn't account for people as potential obstacles in the pathing, though, sorry! If I just modify some of the parameters—"

You cut her off before she gets too far in her musings. "Why cookie dough, though?"

The other magi blinks. "Why anything? We've thrown potions, pumpkins, flowers, snowballs—okay wait, that one's pretty normal, I guess—"

Oh, so it's one of those days. So much for that nice walk by the Stream you were looking forward to. "Doesn't the Keep usually discourage food fights, though?" You ask, cutting her off again. You get the impression that she's one of those magi who will ramble about whatever interests her at the moment forever if allowed. A useful quality in arcane researchers, but not terribly conducive to the current conversation.

She waves her hand dismissively. "Someone in the kitchens was doing some experiment with cookie dough. Something about trying to use them to store messages?" She makes a face. "Don't know why anyone would want to use cookies for that, though I suppose there can be applications where you want your message medium to look innocuous and be quickly and easily destructible, and I suppose eating is a great way to destroy a message...Anyway," she says, seeing you twitch and correctly guessing that you want her to get back to the point. "The spells don't seem to have done anything except make the dough unbakeable, and the experimenter was working with the standard kitchens batch size of 'enough to feed the whole Keep,' so I guess they decided to let everyone blow off some steam with it. They're giving a few scoops out to anyone who drops by and accepts it."

Well then. You suppose you could stand to vent some pent up frustrations. You thank the other magi for the information, and after she briefly casts a healing spell on you, just in case, and then much less briefly explains the theory behind her (admittedly very fascinating) modifications to the mail spell, you head off to the kitchens in search of some dough.

Do you accept the cookies?
Quest - Batter is Better than Butter?
Spoiler
You've accepted the cookies

Reward: Dough for throwing (I *think* 20 blobs of it but I cannot tell)
Creatures:

Cookie?

(hatchling)
ImageImage(m/f)
...this is literally just a cookie.

(adult)
ImageImage(m/f)
Ah crumbs, your cookie grew into a vicious biscuit! You'd say it has a real chip on its shoulder, except it has no chips in its batter. There's no sugarcoating it - this is one tough cookie. You'd say it's crusty, but you think it might just be plain mean, no hidden sweetheart whatsoever.

Cookie!

(hatchling)
ImageImage(m/f)
Your dough has hatched into an adoughrable little cookie shark. It's not very fully formed yet, still missing some of the finer detailing on its fins and tail, and crucially missing an eye, so its attempts to follow you are a bit unsteady. It has to eat cookie dough and sugar to grow properly, but due to its poor eyesight, sometimes it tries to chomp on you instead. Well, sometimes you get to choose your friend, and sometimes your friend chews you.

(adult)
ImageImage(m/f)
Despite some mishaps while raising it, your cookie shark has a perfectly sweet personality. Accepting it into your Keep was a great idea after all! You feel your life is much butter for having it around.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

So, is there any difference in the "eggs" (dough) for the cookies vs the sharks?
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

wystearya wrote:So, is there any difference in the "eggs" (dough) for the cookies vs the sharks?
The egg is the same ^.^

Return to “Community Discussion”