The Myth Of Pegasus...

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
darkangel25
CreaturesTrade

The Myth Of Pegasus...

Post by darkangel25 »

The Myth Of Pegasus Image

Pegasus was a winged horse created by the sea god Poseidon and the Gorgon Medusa. The Gorgon Medusa was once a beautiful Lybian princess. Because she was seduced by the sea god Poseidon in the temple consecrated to Athena, Athena transformed her into a monster. She also had hair of serpents and anyone who looked at her face was turned into stone.
Perseus, an ancient Greek hero, was sent on a mission to fetch Medusa's head. Having learned Perseus'mission, Athena offered him a magical mirror in which he could see the reflected image of Medusa. He could now avoid being turned to stone. Hermes gave him a pair of winged sandals that enabled him to fly and the helmet of Hades that made him invisible. With these wonderful weapons, Perseus reached Medusa while she was asleep and decapitated her. From her neck sprang out the warrior Chrysaor and the winged horse Pegasus who had been conceived by Poseidon's seed before Medusa's body was transformed.
Shortly after its birth, the magic steed struck the ground on Mount Helicon, and on the spot a spring, later sacred to the Muses and believed to be a source for poetic inspiration, began to flow. All longed in vain to catch and tame the creature, and this became the obsession of Bellerophon, prince of Corinth. On the advice of a seer, Bellerophon spent a night in the temple of the goddess Athena. As he slept, the goddess appeared to him with a golden bridle and told him that it would enable him to capture Pegasus. When Bellerophon awoke, he found the golden bridle beside him, and with it he easily captured and tamed the winged horse. Pegasus thereafter proved to be a great help to Bellerophon and aided the hero in his adventures against the Amazons and the Chimaera.
Bellerophon was overcome by his own pride, however. He believed he could fly with Pegasus to Olympus, where the gods lived. When Zeus learned about his intentions, he sent a horsefly to bite Pegasus. Bellerophon lost control of his horse and fell back to the Earth in a bramble bush. His sudden fall made him blind and lame. Pegasus continued to fly and reached Olympus, where Zeus received him. Since then, Pegasus transports for Zeus the thunderbolts forged by the Cyclopes. For his precious help, Pegasus was immortalized in the night sky by Zeus in the constellation bearing his name.

It's not great but I love it! :t-swoon: :t-swoon: Hope you enjoed it as much as I did... :t-dance: :t-dance: :t-dance:
<3 My Beauties! <3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Myth Of Pegasus...

Post by Morgaln »

Only you didn't write this, it's a classic greek tale. I don't think that's what this contest is searching for.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
darkangel25
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Myth Of Pegasus...

Post by darkangel25 »

Yes, I know. I'm from Greece so I thought that one of our myths is just the thing. :t-^_^: I wrote it based to what I know from mythology. You might be right, but I just wanted to let everyone know about this myth. :t-shrug: I'm not after winning anyway... :t-:)
<3 My Beauties! <3 ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

Return to “Legend Contest”