Do you believe in anything supernatural?

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Do you believe in anything supernatural?

Post by vipor »

I feel kinda complicated about supernatural, I guess.

I mean Aliens, yes. Mostly cause the chance of this planet being the only one in existence just seems insane to me. We have already found that there are other planets that exist in the golden zone, where they can support life. So it would seem weird if our planet is the only one housing life.
But I don't believe we will meet any aliens. Space is just to big to travel. So I don't really believe in the alien abduction stories.

Cryptics, I dunno. I believe that there can be things that we haven't discovered yet, but I don't believe in bigfoot or nessie. The guy who made the first nessie photograph already explained how he made the picture. As for bigfoot, it is more likely that it is a is a bear with mange.
I don't have any opinion about the other cryptics.

Ghosts, annoyingly I do believe in them. Have seen a few working at an animal shelter. Human ghosts, not animal.
But I personally haven't seen them do stuff like tossing paintings. Did feel something like a cold hand grabbing my heart. But that can also be because I am overweight or mind over matter. Believing in something enough to cause a physical manifestation.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

My take on aliens is that Space Is Big and assuming we're the only game going is ludicrous. UFO sightings are either experimental human aircraft, misidentifications of various other things, or perhaps some more local paranormal-type critter having a laugh.

Cryptids? Most of it is misidentified natural phenomena, other animals, or the work of human pranksters. Some of it is nature spirits or Fae messing with us.

Ghosts? Probably, though I've never seen one. Belief is *powerful stuff*.
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

Nope.

Extraterrestrial life is nothing supernatural in my opinion; it is the probability that other systems with similar conditions exist [as we do not really have any clue whether life forms based on other elements than carbon work], but we will never know for sure given the distances and limited space we can explore.

Return to “Hall of Speakers”