How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Pugnacious »

Is it just me, or is the lag on her significantly worse since the MS underwent the big fix(? server fix? idr now)? I can't get on here and have it work unless it's the middle of the night. :t-:(

But, anyway, I've been enjoying Pikmin Bloom a lot! It's like Pokemon Go except I don't have to constantly check it/be playing it as I walk around, so old people don't start verbally assaulting me for "being on your damn phone!"

ETA: My friend talked me into dropping waiting for my ex-bf to communicate with me about what was really up if we were breaking up or not since he ghosted me and just get on a dating app like I had been considering and I actually met someone very nice and cool? We've got a date on Saturday??? I pulled him with my knowledge of HP Lovecraft and I'm so happy I'm feeling so good about myself! :wee:
Last edited by Pugnacious on September 14th, 2023, 3:32:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
PhoenixSolblade
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhoenixSolblade »

I've also had recent instances the past few days where it's near impossible to load pages on this site, that and the number of spam posts I've seen has been a bummer. :/

My day was not too bad, work was busy enough where the day went by fast but wasn't too stressful. Did have an odd occurrence where when I was heading into the store afterwards a guy came up from behind and asked me if I had a boyfriend. Weird way to flirt, but I guess it's a speedrun strat lol. When I said that I did he just said "aight" and walked away. :wtf:
ImageImageImageImageImage The gathering of small phoenixes approaches you! They seem to be beckoning you to a nearby hatchery/hatchling daycare. Their multicolored flames mingle prettily as they fly around your head, enticing you to stick around for a while. ImageImageImageImage
Thank you to all my gifters! :t-swoon:
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Pugnacious wrote: September 13th, 2023, 1:56:41 pm Is it just me, or is the lag on her significantly worse since the MS underwent the big fix(? server fix? idr now)? I can't get on here and have it work unless it's the middle of the night. :t-:(

But, anyway, I've been enjoying Pikmin Bloom a lot! It's like Pokemon Go except I don't have to constantly check it/be playing it as I walk around, so old people don't start verbally assaulting me for "being on your damn phone!"
Yeah, idk what’s going on now. This is the only site I’ve been having problems with, altho I’ve seen people complain about daily outages with FB, TikTok, some other gaming sites, and Insta.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: ImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

woke up from a nightmare five minutes before my alarm :t-corner:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Merkwerkee wrote: September 14th, 2023, 8:51:33 am woke up from a nightmare five minutes before my alarm :t-corner:
I might not be able to relate to the nightmare part (I've taken so much that almost nothing is a nightmare to me anymore...), but I can relate to waking up shortly before the alarm. All because of my cat. Let him upstairs in the morning, and he will MEOW. LOUDLY. in front of my door. And he even tries (to no avail, but still) to open said door!
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Everyone, please check the news--we've found the cause of the intermittent lag. Long story short--mining is causing it, and mining is no longer allowed.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

Raneth wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:24:52 pm Everyone, please check the news--we've found the cause of the intermittent lag. Long story short--mining is causing it, and mining is no longer allowed.
This might actually be healthy for MS' economy in the long run.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I hope you're right. Would be nice to see prices come down a bit.

Re-releasing some old donis has helped immensely. But the prices for those that haven't been re-released is ridiculous, IMO. 10,000,000g (ten million) or more for ONE creature is like pure greed at it's worst. Sure, you have to spend real money on donation cretures, but the difference between one shard and 1 gold is totally out of proportion... 50k - 1 on average. Adding more ways to earn gold would be a HUGE help.. the current system is totally inadequte without mining.. and since mining IS the problem, new ways to earn gold has to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I have no problem donating to the site, even on my limited income. But I have NEVER had the time or inclination to mine for hours on end. And in the end, donation creatures are just pixels.. they have no tangible value and are not 'real'.

5 to 1, 10 to 1 or even 25 to 1 should be more than an even ratio.. 50k to 1; pure greed. Then add on the 'markup' for how old the creature is... sheesh, prices like that make me sick to my stomach.

Then if we can get the doni prices down to a reasonable level, maybe we can reduce all other prices down too. Some other types of creatures might need to be re-released too; giftborns and other limited types. Which it might be a good idea to rethink some types of creatures anyway. Any time you have somthing that is 'limited' you cause elitism anyway, and that ALWAYS causes drama. If you want to limit something, make it harder to get, not impossible. There's already a system in place for something like this... ACHIEVEMENTS. Want a second quest creature? Do a level 1 achievement.. want a 3rd, 4th, etc.. finish a higher level achievement. If you have to compleat an achievement for every 'limited' creature, the difficulty alone will keep it from being abused.

This might also reduce the burden on the site by reducing the overall amount of creatures in the system.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Karzarill wrote: September 14th, 2023, 2:07:37 pm
Raneth wrote: September 14th, 2023, 1:24:52 pm Everyone, please check the news--we've found the cause of the intermittent lag. Long story short--mining is causing it, and mining is no longer allowed.
This might actually be healthy for MS' economy in the long run.
I agree with this. Some creatures' values are getting insane. Like TY Beanie Babies level of insane lol. :lol: :sweat:
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bandbullets
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by bandbullets »

oh it seems the friends and foes function is back but i dont think i have anyone on those lists b4 i dont think ive ever used b4(not sure if it was around when i was active back in 2016 it could have tho i was even less familiar with the ui and functions back then i was a dumb kid)
but if anyone wants to add me through friends and foes then feel free to add me!! id love to form new connections here!!!

Return to “Community Discussion”