How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by BBkat »

crystalwings wrote:
BBkat wrote:All I wanted was to find out if there's a proper title for the person who works in the morgue.
Why is there so much necrophilia in the results???
D:

They're just called morgue workers apparently, nothing fancy. :derp:

I believe that people who work in morgues are called pathologists... are they not? When working in the morgue (I guess you could also say medical examiner) you are studying the tissues looking for diseases and cancers, ect. So I am pretty sure the name you are looking for is pathologist.

A coroner is more the technician who performs the autopsies... I thought :lol:
Yeah, but I don't think they *just* work there. When I think pathologist I think more, someone in a lab.

I'm just going with 'morgue attendant'. Since it's not that vital(and I doubt anyone reading will care).

edit:
Pathologists are physicians who provide key laboratory diagnostic services. By examining tissues, blood or other body fluids, pathologists assist other physicians in the diagnosis of diseases such as cancer, blood disorders and infections.
I mean, I'm sure they do work down there but, that sounds a lot more broad than just working with the dead bodies.
crystalwings
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by crystalwings »

BBkat wrote:
crystalwings wrote:
BBkat wrote:All I wanted was to find out if there's a proper title for the person who works in the morgue.
Why is there so much necrophilia in the results???
D:

They're just called morgue workers apparently, nothing fancy. :derp:

I believe that people who work in morgues are called pathologists... are they not? When working in the morgue (I guess you could also say medical examiner) you are studying the tissues looking for diseases and cancers, ect. So I am pretty sure the name you are looking for is pathologist.

A coroner is more the technician who performs the autopsies... I thought :lol:
Yeah, but I don't think they *just* work there. When I think pathologist I think more, someone in a lab.

I'm just going with 'morgue attendant'. Since it's not that vital(and I doubt anyone reading will care).

edit:
Pathologists are physicians who provide key laboratory diagnostic services. By examining tissues, blood or other body fluids, pathologists assist other physicians in the diagnosis of diseases such as cancer, blood disorders and infections.
I mean, I'm sure they do work down there but, that sounds a lot more broad than just working with the dead bodies.
Yes I think your right. This is a tricky one. I used to think I was going to work in the morgue, but I just used to call it a pathologist. I also had a friend who had a friend ho worked in the morgue (the main/head person) and I believe she called herself a pathologist. But I don't know D: I think morgue attendant sounds good. Its your best bet haha.

This article was a quick one I found, it sums everything up pretty good. I don't know if you've seen this one already http://work.chron.com/types-careers-wor ... 29203.html
25/25 gifts, thank you a bunch everyone!

Crystal Café ~ Free Raffles

Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Red-tailed hawk talons are rather terrifying up close. O_o
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
Phoenixwildfire
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Phoenixwildfire »

I've had a cold for like a week and I wish it would just go away -_-
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

I feel bad. One of my kittens fell into the toilet. Thankfully I had cleaned it. Now I gotta give it a bath.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Meow
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Meow »

My laptop is so infested with malware it is unusable.... :sweat: :t-pout:
I just want my saves off it. I have 90% of my photos already. But I want my game saves. My laptop literally wont let me access them.

On a happier note: I FINISHED PAYING OFF MY DESKTOP!!! :woo: NOW I DON'T OWE MY PARENTS MONEY ANYMORE- -and I get to keep my paychecks now! :lol:
►◄

<3 I seriously love some of the people here.
(you know who you are *hugs*)
You never cease to amaze me. <3

Practising my drawing skills: feel free to send me pictures of your pets! <3 :3
Tekla
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tekla »

The ffxv combat tutorials taught me that I suck at defense and teamwork. XD

ImageImageImage
~
ImageImageImageImageImage
--
"Oh! My feet of fire! My burning feet of fire!"
Marta
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Marta »

I feel like shit and I need to be in my OHS class in 40 minutes. Get your shit together stomach, I don't want to throw up :derp:
Anira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

Not quite done yet. What do you guys suppose this thing would be worth? :sweat: It's 12 1/2" long, 9" wide, 10" tall. And you could drop it without hurting it, so it's pretty sturdy. No, the top doesn't come off. It would actually make a cute budgie house, if MY SISTER HAD DONE AS SHE WAS ASKED.
Spoiler
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

BBkat wrote:
PKGriffin wrote: You might try coroner if they are involved in identifying the cause of death.
Maybe.
They'd also deal people there to identify a body that's there right? Cause that's what the person is basically doing, pulling out the, drawer, and showing them the body. Because I don't think a regular person can just, walk on down there and do that themselves.
I'm p sure the people who work in the morgue are referred to as ghouls. Or gremlins

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence

Return to “Community Discussion”