Nira's Entry-- Winged wolf

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Nira's Entry-- Winged wolf

Post by Revan »

I've been procrastinating with posting an entry. There are so many wonderful entries already, it doesn't seem likely that mine's a winner, but hey, who am I to say that?

I tried doing art for these, but my tablet doesn't seem to be working right, and it seems that I won't be able to get my scanner set up before the due date, so you all will just have to be satisfied with descriptions instead unless someone cares to sprite these. I dunno how to even go about spriting anyways... :tard:

Ahh, enough of my rambling. Please tell me what you think or if I need further elaboration.

Winged wolf

Egg description: This pale egg has a feathered wing emerging out of it.
A pale tan egg adorned with two dark little paw prints, with a small white feathered wing breaking through a crack in the shell.

Hatchling: A little wolf pup has hatched from the egg, but unlike any wolf you’ve ever seen, there’s a pair of delicate feathered wings sprouting from it’s back. Still too small to sustain flight, the pup folds it’s wings and contents itself by chasing after insects and curiously sticking it’s nose into small places, leaving you to keep up and make sure it doesn’t find trouble.
About the size of an average wolf pup, with soft angelic wings on it's back. The wings are still undeveloped for flight, giving the pup an awkward appearance.

Adult: Your little pup has grown up into a magnificent beast, standing just at your waist and supporting an impressive wingspan. Possessing the uncanny gift to sense ill-intent in both other magi and creatures, this winged wolf never strays too far from your side, ready to swoop down from the sky at a moment’s notice and protect you from danger.
It's lighter in coloring to the direwolf, but much smaller in size. The feathered wings are now fully developed, reaching about five or so feet from tip to tip. This creature can indeed take flight, soaring high into the air for long periods of time, but it's slender frame is unable to support more than a small child.

General info: Distantly related to direwolves, winged wolves can be found residing in small family packs high in the Alasre Mountains. Like their cousins, winged wolves are extremely timid and shy away from human presence, but with a gentle hand and caring heart, they can be readily tamed into a loyal companion.
Last edited by Revan on September 16th, 2009, 12:59:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nira's Contest Entries

Post by Revan »

Reserved for second entry.
Last edited by Revan on September 15th, 2009, 9:40:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Revan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Reserved for third entry?
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

dragonheart2011
CreaturesTrade

Post by dragonheart2011 »

I must say that this is a very good idea
Please Click All ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
DragonAdopters
Spoiler
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide
And your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve ~ Linkin Park
Revan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

dragonheart2011 wrote:I must say that this is a very good idea
Thank you. ^^
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

Patricks Acolyte
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nira's Entries-- Winged Wolf, Minotaur...

Post by Patricks Acolyte »

Minotaurs have been denied completely for being too human like. Sorry.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Revan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Nira's Entries-- Winged Wolf, Minotaur...

Post by Revan »

Patricks Acolyte wrote:Minotaurs have been denied completely for being too human like. Sorry.

Seriously? Dang it... *goes to delete*

They should have put that in the rules then.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”