Loan Company

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Loan Company

Post by Ktanaqui »

Okay guys. I came into quite a bit of gold, but I got pretty lucky. Now I'm back down to a lower amount of gold, and I realized... it's a lot harder to get gold than it is to spend it. Especially if you're a newer member. And oftentimes, you want something that is out of reach, gold-wise. So, I want to start a Loan Company. I have to write up rules for it, but I think it would be a good idea. However, before I can start it, I need to get up around 500K more, so I need to do fundraisers, and see about getting some help, sponsors, etc.

So... I'm posting this topic to ask for ideas!

ImageImage
Zen
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Loan Company

Post by Zen »

Hell, I call being your co-founder. I'd love to help you and be a part of it.

I'll start collecting something to fund raise right away.
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

*nods* Alright. You and GamingGal get to be Co-Founders, then, if she wants ^.^

ImageImage
Zen
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zen »

I'm willing to put all my gold into it also. 157k isn't much . .

I'm starting a raffle now. :woo: :woo:
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

Any amount of gold is something, but I don't want to take all of your gold. Fundraising works fine. I know frozen eggs sell easily at 5g-10g apiece. So maybe a huge sell of frozen eggs... That'd get a pretty good sum of gold. 10,000 eggs at 10g apiece is 100K. Hatchlings sell well too. Any kind of stream creature sells well. And Koi are a good way to get gold. Especially since they are common, and hatch quickly. I've got twitter, so I can offer eggsitting for free to anyone helping fundraise.

ImageImage
Zen
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zen »

Edit by Mod: No advertising. No eggspam. No click begging.
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by freakazoid »

Ktanaqui wrote:Any amount of gold is something, but I don't want to take all of your gold. Fundraising works fine. I know frozen eggs sell easily at 5g-10g apiece. So maybe a huge sell of frozen eggs... That'd get a pretty good sum of gold. 10,000 eggs at 10g apiece is 100K. Hatchlings sell well too. Any kind of stream creature sells well. And Koi are a good way to get gold. Especially since they are common, and hatch quickly. I've got twitter, so I can offer eggsitting for free to anyone helping fundraise.
And you can just sell those Koi to me... :smirk:

/off-topic
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

Zen wrote:Edit by Mod: No advertising. No eggspam. No click begging.
Tweeting.
Yellow wrote:
Ktanaqui wrote:Any amount of gold is something, but I don't want to take all of your gold. Fundraising works fine. I know frozen eggs sell easily at 5g-10g apiece. So maybe a huge sell of frozen eggs... That'd get a pretty good sum of gold. 10,000 eggs at 10g apiece is 100K. Hatchlings sell well too. Any kind of stream creature sells well. And Koi are a good way to get gold. Especially since they are common, and hatch quickly. I've got twitter, so I can offer eggsitting for free to anyone helping fundraise.
And you can just sell those Koi to me... :smirk:

/off-topic
Yes, I know Yellow. But because of what it is for, they would be for 200g each.

Edit: I'm making a guild so that you can post the fundraisers for this thing. And the critters for the fundraising.

ImageImage
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

If you were to do this, you should take note of the problems from the MS Bank Gaminggal had set up, and define your rule set - perhaps with help from a mod?
I would recommend having a Mod or Admin as a part of this - someone you can call on to check for multiple accounts, gold begging, scams etc, and perhaps a rule to encourage a "background check" of sorts and say you can only get your funds after 24hours or something, to avoid any scammers etc.

A payback system with a reasonable interest rate - I mean you've got to make money to loan it right can not all come from the participants gold mining. So perhaps 5%? or something?
You might also want to consider if there are weekly repayments? and calculate that (like a real bank or loans office would) and make sure that people can afford to pay back what they are getting.
Also might want a Max amount you are going to allow people to borrow, so you do not have 4 or 5 people who are asking and receiving over 750k each and not paying it back.
And if someone decides not to repay you - as you cannot do anything more than ask through PM - what then?

If there was an Admins ok on this - I would be happy to help, but there needs to be a good rule set in place.
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
Ktanaqui
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ktanaqui »

Mordeth wrote:If you were to do this, you should take note of the problems from the MS Bank Gaminggal had set up, and define your rule set - perhaps with help from a mod?
I would recommend having a Mod or Admin as a part of this - someone you can call on to check for multiple accounts, gold begging, scams etc, and perhaps a rule to encourage a "background check" of sorts and say you can only get your funds after 24hours or something, to avoid any scammers etc.

A payback system with a reasonable interest rate - I mean you've got to make money to loan it right can not all come from the participants gold mining. So perhaps 5%? or something?
You might also want to consider if there are weekly repayments? and calculate that (like a real bank or loans office would) and make sure that people can afford to pay back what they are getting.
Also might want a Max amount you are going to allow people to borrow, so you do not have 4 or 5 people who are asking and receiving over 750k each and not paying it back.
And if someone decides not to repay you - as you cannot do anything more than ask through PM - what then?

If there was an Admins ok on this - I would be happy to help, but there needs to be a good rule set in place.
GamingGal is going to be helping with this project. We are looking at requiring collateral equal to the the amount of gold that is being borrowed, above 50K. At the moment, we are mainly aiming to raise around 1 million gold for the Company before actually opening it. I will be putting all of my gold into it (currently a little over 500K) to help jumpstart it. To start with, considering I'm going to be starting with only a million gold to loan out, I am going to limit the loans to 100K per person, with an interest rate of 7% (Possibly to be lowered once I have more gold). Payments would have to be made weekly... I'm trying to decide on a full system at the moment.

Edit: As for if people decide not to repay me... If it was below the amount that required collateral... it would be a loss that I would have to recuperate from. If above the amount that requires collateral, then the collateral would be sold to make up for the loss.

ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”