Grog's Mountain and the Orgin of the Koi

MagiStream's legend competition. Winners have their writing as part of the world.
Arimermaid
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Grog's Mountain and the Orgin of the Koi

Post by Arimermaid »

Once upon a time, there was a very weak magus named Bob. Due to constantly failing and unpredictable attempts at magic, his peers called him "Tankard". One day one of his fellow apprentaces dared him to change Bob's only familiar, a lone Direwolf named Shabby, from a brown color to a red color. Bob couldn't say no, and when he attempted the spell it not only missed his target, but it set the head maguses prize winning blue rose bush on fire! In all the comotion that followed, Bob and Shabby fled deep into the forest in fear for their lives.
After weeks of stumbleing deeper and deeper into the forest, Bob came across a very large bolder. In hopes of appleasing the head magus, Bob decided to try to improve his magic by practicing on this bolder. However, after flinging spell after spell at the bolder, he was unable to even cause a scratch on it. So, he decided to carve the bolder into the likes of a human; though in the end it looked more like a troll.
One day, after weeks of attempting an animation spell on the bolder, it finally worked! However, Bob and Shabby ran away from the newly created creature back to the head magus; there fates are still currently unknown. This poor creature was very strong, with above average intelegance and intimidated many of the creatures in the forest, so he named himself Grog.
Grog decided that he loved to mine and carve the stones from which he had been created. So he traveled to a lone barren mountain, said to be full of enchanted diamonds, and began to mine the precious blue golwing stones. This later was known as Grog's Mountain. Day after day he mined these precious stones, and at night he carved them into the shape of eggs.
Soon word spread throughout the land about these precious stones. Gryphins and Dragons alike feared Grog, but the lure of the gems was too strong for them. As a result, creatures of all shapes and sizes continued to steal these egg gems and throw them into freshwater lakes and rivers to spite Grog. Therefore, Grog's work has never ended, even to this day, as he tries to complete his gem egg collection.
These glowing egg gems found their way into the bellies of normal trout. As a result, these fishes scales became vibrant and shiney and they gained the power to let their compainion breathe the water as air for short periods of time. These fish became enchanted themselves and are now known as Koi fish.

Thank you all for reading my little tale! ^_^ I hope you guys enjoyed it! :hooray: I also hope Grog's Mountain makes it into the "World", don't you? :wee: Any advice or constructive criticism is appriciated! :yarly:
I love snakes, none for you!
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Arimermaid
CreaturesTrade

Re: Grog's Mountain and the Orgin of the Koi

Post by Arimermaid »

O! The stealing of the gem eggs could become a minigame! :wee: What do you guys think about stealing some gem eggs from Grog? :omg:
http://magistream.com/user/Arimermaid ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage All clicking regardless of which site it comes from is very much appreciated!
Arimermaid
CreaturesTrade

Re: Grog's Mountain and the Orgin of the Koi

Post by Arimermaid »

BUMP! :italian: ^_^ :haha: :D :crazy:

Return to “Legend Contest”