Smh

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Amanda77
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Smh

Post by Amanda77 »

Why is asking another player anything about prices in their inbox considered harassment?

I was just told this and its ridiculous. This type stuff is why this site doesn't have or keep many members.

" Asking players to sell you creatures by PM can be considered harassment, and if they have a posted sale thread, it is considered bypassing the MD rules."

Im tired of rudeness. Im nice to everyone. Very polite. No reason anyone should be offended by me asking a question.

I have super bad social anxiety and people being rude will run me off. I was enjoying the game. Trying to make friends. But if people are that touchy over a question about their prices. Its not a good environment.
*WISH LIST*
Mohrior all variants
pied cervinus deer
Fish or sea creatures
Spiders
Snakes
Will take any and all if you dont want them.

My ultimate want is a white nivilus bear cub, ghost leopard cub or an adult tasharn. Can be frozen.

THANK YOU FOR ALL of THE AMAZING GIFTS that I have recieved!!! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Smh

Post by Rosehill »

Amanda77 wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:36:09 pm Why is asking another player anything about prices in their inbox considered harassment?

I was just told this and its ridiculous. This type stuff is why this site doesn't have or keep many members.

" Asking players to sell you creatures by PM can be considered harassment, and if they have a posted sale thread, it is considered bypassing the MD rules."

Im tired of rudeness. Im nice to everyone. Very polite. No reason anyone should be offended by me asking a question.

I have super bad social anxiety and people being rude will run me off. I was enjoying the game. Trying to make friends. But if people are that touchy over a question about their prices. Its not a good environment.
Your posts can give off a rude vibe even if you don't intend it that way. For example stating "This type stuff is why this site doesn't have or keep many members" can very well be read as a loaded and degrading statement, as, in fact, the site steadily keeps around 1000 monthly returning players. :italian:

The quote you gave states that sending private messages asking for prices may be considered harrasment. Not that it always is. But to err on the side of it not getting to that point, asking people to sell their creatures or the creature prices via PMs has been ruled against. As for the rule of not sending private messages to members asking for creature prices: the rule has been put in place because not everybody wants to sell their creatures. Some people will have rare pets they have no intention of selling, and if people keep PMing them asking for them to sell those pets, it very quickly gets to the harrasment territory of unsolicited inquiries. It is not specifically about you personally asking a question rather than there have been occasions of people getting multiple questions about things they just want to keep in their Keeps.

The people who do want to sell their creatures will post those in the Merchant District's Waynal or Mercado. In order for people having similar chances of buying creatures from other players prices need to be stated in those threads. This will also help the moderator team help users in case something goes wrong with the trade or arguments about payment arise. If prices are talked within private messages the moderators can't see that, and solving possible situations gets much harder and messier for everyone involved.

Hopefully this sheds some light to the reasoning of the rule, and if you have any questions for the basis of any other of the site rules our team is happy to explain the reasoning behind those rules. ^.^
Tea
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tea »

Rosehill wrote: January 9th, 2024, 3:39:54 am
Your posts can give off a rude vibe even if you don't intend it that way. For example stating "This type stuff is why this site doesn't have or keep many members" can very well be read as a loaded and degrading statement, as, in fact, the site steadily keeps around 1000 monthly returning players. :italian:

The quote you gave states that sending private messages asking for prices may be considered harrasment. Not that it always is. But to err on the side of it not getting to that point, asking people to sell their creatures or the creature prices via PMs has been ruled against. As for the rule of not sending private messages to members asking for creature prices: the rule has been put in place because not everybody wants to sell their creatures. Some people will have rare pets they have no intention of selling, and if people keep PMing them asking for them to sell those pets, it very quickly gets to the harrasment territory of unsolicited inquiries. It is not specifically about you personally asking a question rather than there have been occasions of people getting multiple questions about things they just want to keep in their Keeps.

The people who do want to sell their creatures will post those in the Merchant District's Waynal or Mercado. In order for people having similar chances of buying creatures from other players prices need to be stated in those threads. This will also help the moderator team help users in case something goes wrong with the trade or arguments about payment arise. If prices are talked within private messages the moderators can't see that, and solving possible situations gets much harder and messier for everyone involved.

Hopefully this sheds some light to the reasoning of the rule, and if you have any questions for the basis of any other of the site rules our team is happy to explain the reasoning behind those rules. ^.^
Ahh I am glad I checked this thread out. I also tend to have anxiety when it comes to asking questions in threads (will have to work on this Dx!) in regards to what the person is selling so I send a PM. Thank you for clarifying this. :t-X3:
Pleaaaaase clicky T v T Thank you in advance!

25/25 Gifts , thank you so much I appreciate it! You guys are soo nice!

Image Happy happy super happy! Keep smiling!
Juniana
CreaturesTrade

Post by Juniana »

Also new to this game and loving the cute critters and creatures so far! I will have to say that usually this is common with pre-established communities and can be a bit daunting for us newer people to learn the ropes of how the community operates. I also have social anxiety! And I always feel so bad when I make someone upset or something. I guess it would help out us newer folks if people could maybe inform us like Rosehil has in their post, it was very informative - thank you.

I agree tho, there is no reason to be rude! and if you wanna add me - im cool with pms :D hope you stick around ive been seeing you on the forums the past few days along with tea

edit: grammar corrections
🐾 also playing
lorwolf
neopets
flight rising
dragon cave
chicken smoothie
thanks to everyone who clicks! I love anything foxes, kitsune, horses, pegasi & unis!
dream want!!!: Asesina Orcae

Return to “Support and Suggestions”