How do you gift people at Halloween?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

How do you gift people at Halloween?

Post by froglady »

As it says on the box. I've seen threads about gifting, but have no clue how to do it. Or what is worthwhile to give, since I'm a fairly new free player. Any advice?
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How do you gift people at Halloween?

Post by falsanthin »

If you go to your keep there is a give button next to eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, you click that then type in the username of person you want to send it to. I think at around 10? or 15? gifts you get a badge for this event on your profile. People normally post their wishlist on community discussion or in their forum signature if you need ideas, alot of people are happy just receiving event eggs from the stream if you want something easy to gift

sometimes at the end of the event if you gifted enough to earn the badge you get an exclusive creature from gifting (Generally called a giftborn creature by players) when you open your own gifts. I don't think its every gifting event but you seem to see giftborns more from christmas gifting

hopefully that explains it well enough :sweat:
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Thanks for the help. Do people get mad if you gift them something newbie-ish? I don't have much, but I'd like to give what I can.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
Pounces
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pounces »

froglady wrote: October 28th, 2023, 3:30:51 pm Thanks for the help. Do people get mad if you gift them something newbie-ish? I don't have much, but I'd like to give what I can.
That's what I'm a tiny bit worried about too, to be honest! O.o
But when I gifted, I used the 2023 gifting thread and tried to give at least something on their wishlist. Thankfully a lot of people are happy to receive the Halloween event pets, so that made things a lot easier. Others listed stream born pets, and I've managed to find all but I think 2-3 from the thread (still trying!). Then some wanted shop pets, and I was able to do several of them since I haunt the egg clicking threads and IFN and had spare gold. :) I had a pretty easy time of finding something for .. I'd say .. 95% of people. If they had *only* pets I had no way of accessing on their list, I skipped them so I didn't send something they might be annoyed with - but there were very very few of those. :)

I'd say just have fun and work through the list and send what you can manage - I had fun hunting down the stream born creatures for the ones I gifted, and discovered a few pets I hadn't seen yet and am eager to find for myself after the holiday :D
<3 Wishlist: any older, bred event creatures would be amazing! <3
Missed Sea Bunnies, and I'd love ANY Crystalwing
(Despite year joined that shows, I just started Sept 2023)
┍━━━━━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━┑
<3 We love clicks too! Please help us grow <3
ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
Image ImageImage

ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ
ImageImageImageImage
┕━»•» ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ 🌺 ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ «•«━━━━━┙
froglady
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Okie dokie, honestly the Stream has been problematic lately. The only event eggs I've managed to get are in my signature, and I haven't gotten any eggs at all today, they all go before I can pick them up, even the ones that aren't event eggs. But I'll give it my best shot. I already feel guilty that I have 10 gifts and haven't given any.
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

froglady wrote: October 28th, 2023, 3:47:41 pm Okie dokie, honestly the Stream has been problematic lately. The only event eggs I've managed to get are in my signature, and I haven't gotten any eggs at all today, they all go before I can pick them up, even the ones that aren't event eggs. But I'll give it my best shot. I already feel guilty that I have 10 gifts and haven't given any.
most people are very gracious about receiving any gifts and there's usually a lot of people in the gifting wishlist threads who will be happy with everything (so it's fine to just prioritize them w/what you've got and don't worry about the more specific folks). Most people also love getting new event critters, which are usually the easiest to snag. You only need to gift 10 people for the event badge

it won't help for *this* event, but for the future (we have gifting events 3 times a year usually? halloween, winter solstice and magiversary) , if you've got enough gold, i really rec buying a scroll of protection (from the trading post) for a tab and stashing hatchlings in it throughout the year (stream, event etc).

Then you can just gift people out of that tab at your leisure and don't have to scramble so much during the event for specific creatures outside the new event ones (to get more specific ideas of which creatures are more popular, you can always browse the permanent "wishlists all around" thread for ideas of what to grab). I usually stash event critters from each event since people always ask for old event critters or harder to snag stream things (like the prism foxes etc)
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
doing bloodline swaps- 1st gen emerald wyverns | lts keep clean
froglady
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Where is the trading post? There seems to be so much more to this site than I know about. I recently discovered there are Quests, but I still am too scared to try most of them because I don't know what happens if you fail. Can you try again? I basically know the Stream, the Keep, and the Forums and I know I get gold for doing some things, but I've never known where to use it. I know I joined long ago, but I spent a bit of time (over 10 years) away from online gaming caring for my disabled parents, so now that I'm retired I dug up some old accounts, including this one.
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

froglady wrote: October 28th, 2023, 4:23:28 pm Where is the trading post? There seems to be so much more to this site than I know about. I recently discovered there are Quests, but I still am too scared to try most of them because I don't know what happens if you fail. Can you try again? I basically know the Stream, the Keep, and the Forums and I know I get gold for doing some things, but I've never known where to use it. I know I joined long ago, but I spent a bit of time (over 10 years) away from online gaming caring for my disabled parents, so now that I'm retired I dug up some old accounts, including this one.
the trading post should be under the shops area! i believe it's one of the default shops available to you (you can also get a scroll of cloaking from remy which does the same thing as protection- prevents creatures from getting clicks- but also hides the tab in question so it's private)

the quests aren't failable*, so you shouldn't be scared of them! you'll just get stopped at a point if you don't have the needed creatures/gold for them at that point, but once you do, you can just continue on with it (some of them are repeatable too since you can get different rewards depending on path choices, but you can do all the paths for those).

there's more basic info on doing quests in the first post over here

If you don't have the creatures for quests, i rec checking out the Caught Being Nice guild - they lend out critters for quests (which you return when you're done) so they're easier to complete/take a little less time (you can also collect everything yourself, it just takes more time).

*There's a few quests that are time dependent or seasonal so are only open for a limited amount of time. The Seasonal event type quests (when they occur) are usually pretty easy to complete and someone will almost always be able to lend you the creatures you need for it (MS usually gives enough time for those). The one that's time dependent is the black market where you're given a window of time to complete the quest to access the shop and if you miss the window, you won't gain access during that opening time. But it's repeatable so you can always try again at the next opening (the linked thread has all the info about it in the top post).
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
doing bloodline swaps- 1st gen emerald wyverns | lts keep clean

Return to “Community Discussion”