The Black Market is: OPEN

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: The Black Market is: OPEN

Post by VilaWolf »

Inflation has hit Magi, it seems...
I think it comes off as poor timing, right as mining is limited and there's no offered substitute (yet) for earning gold.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

LunatheDragoness wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:03:27 pm
Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:04:19 pm
SkyeWyven wrote: December 11th, 2023, 12:08:42 pm While I agree that the prices of these pets are very reasonable for what was expected pre-update, I more so agree that they are quite steep now that mass gold mining has been banned. Even with gold mining a lot of people I saw/spoke to had trouble obtaining significant amounts of gold (and so did I) and now that it is not an option I wouldn't be surprised if the economic situation for a lot of players has become quite dire.

I know I'm struggling to figure out how to get gold at all since it is not feasible for me to manually and individually click thousands of pets each day to be able to afford things like this. It was hard enough when I could snaplinks a bunch at a time.
You're still allowed to snaplinks say, the click threads. It's just no longer allowed to snaplinks pages and pages of adult creatures on image free goldmines anymore.

This isn't to say that earning gold isn't hard these days, just clarifying that snaplinks isn't fully banned.
So can we still snaplink adult creatures just not dozens at a time? Like 50-100 every like..2 minutes?
My understanding is that snaplinking a bunch of adult creatures on purpose is what's banned, but you are free to snaplinks eggs and hatchlings in the click threads.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
falsanthin
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by falsanthin »

I mean i understand why these particular creatures are expensive (ex prize creatures/hard to obtain etc..) its more the price aswell as the shop being limited time is what is irking me a bit. I have no issues with the prices IF it was a permanent shop and not just a 2 week? thing then an unknown amount of time until we have chance to buy these specific creatures again.

I'm not trying to come across as ungrateful because i am actually very happy to have a chance to get these as parentless creatures (i'm one of those people who dislike bred creatures :derr:) it just seems a bit daunting when you have set creature goals (for me its 3m/3f/m and f hatchling and an egg per black market creature) and you math it out to cost around 810k just for the kitsune alone to reach that goal :lol: it is soooooo much better than the 2mil each price tag they had before but there is absolutely no chance i will scrape up anywhere near that in a couple of weeks without spending a ton on shards

For now i have just reevaluated my goal to hopefully getting 1 of each then i'll go from there :hooray:
Pallastronomy
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Pallastronomy »

SkyeWyven wrote: December 11th, 2023, 12:08:42 pm While I agree that the prices of these pets are very reasonable for what was expected pre-update, I more so agree that they are quite steep now that mass gold mining has been banned. Even with gold mining a lot of people I saw/spoke to had trouble obtaining significant amounts of gold (and so did I) and now that it is not an option I wouldn't be surprised if the economic situation for a lot of players has become quite dire.

I know I'm struggling to figure out how to get gold at all since it is not feasible for me to manually and individually click thousands of pets each day to be able to afford things like this. It was hard enough when I could snaplinks a bunch at a time.
Fully agreed with this, the current prices are way too high to be offered without a sustainable way to earn gold outside of forum posts. There’s no way I’m getting enough for any of the creatures I actually want (Everything but the hybrids, essentially) in a two week window
Will try my best to return any clicks!
Gender Swaps
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:27:19 pm
LunatheDragoness wrote: December 11th, 2023, 3:03:27 pm
Kestrad wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:04:19 pm

You're still allowed to snaplinks say, the click threads. It's just no longer allowed to snaplinks pages and pages of adult creatures on image free goldmines anymore.

This isn't to say that earning gold isn't hard these days, just clarifying that snaplinks isn't fully banned.
So can we still snaplink adult creatures just not dozens at a time? Like 50-100 every like..2 minutes?
My understanding is that snaplinking a bunch of adult creatures on purpose is what's banned, but you are free to snaplinks eggs and hatchlings in the click threads.
Just no adults in the click threads?
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Per Rosehill:
Rosehill wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:33:57 amSnaplinks in IFN and click threads is still ok.

A general rule of thumb that could be considered when you people are wondering what's okay and what's not: It's okay to use snaplinks and linkclump and such etc. when clicking on hatchlings and eggs. Purposefully mining on adult creatures is not okay any more. (And yes, the IFN or click threads may also have adults, it's okay if those get snaplinked/linkclumped too, so you don't have to worry about accidentally clicking on adults on IFN.) ^.^
Rosehill wrote: September 14th, 2023, 2:12:32 pm Using snaplinks, linkclump, and such extensions to click through click threads on the forum, or the IFN is still allowed, the site can handle that. If this proves to be a problem as well, we'll let you know, but it shouldn't cause that much trouble.

What is crashing the site is if people mine e.g. the Image Free Gold Mine so that they open hundreds or thousands of links in one go, and keep doing that for hours on end. There's no clear reason why the site cannot handle that any more, but at the moment it just can't.
Via extrapolation, it's the prolonged opening of hundreds to thousands of creatures all at once that is no longer allowed. Via irony, I built a PC that could handle goldmining and it's no longer allowed :lol:

I understand the points people are bringing to the table, and I do agree. I do have faith, however, that there's a lot of behind-the-scenes work that is happening and I trust in the team to be making decisions that will benefit us. There's a lot of other issues and bugs that need to be addressed before they can introduce new features, though. I'm patient. MagiStream has proved that it isn't going anywhere, so I'll just ride this all out. Even if I can't get all the creatures I'd like at the moment, like everything in the Black Market, because there's no alternate way to make gold, I can just sit tight and have patience. The team has said they'll be back, and I trust that they're truthful in this.

Things may not be perfect right now, but I know they'll get better. I think a little patience will go a long way. The team knows things are broken in places, they know the economy is a mess right now, they know things are unbalanced. No more points need to be proven, statements made, soapboxes stood upon. They're very much aware of these issues, and probably more. It can't be fixed overnight. There is no crack team of six coders working on this site as their fulltime job. I understand the frustration, it bothers me sometimes too, that I can't goldmine to acquire more gold, and that there's no other way to earn it to keep up with the shops right now - but complaining doesn't speed things up or boost morale or encourage new users to stick around, and prospective members to join. I think there's been a lot of complaining and hollering and not enough grace for the things that have been fixed, and for what is being worked on.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

So with the bags, I know you can get the Crystalwing materials from it, but can/does it also drop the gemdragon stuff too?
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

BBkat wrote: December 11th, 2023, 8:27:31 pm So with the bags, I know you can get the Crystalwing materials from it, but can/does it also drop the gemdragon stuff too?
Actually, it's dropping the gemdragon items (blobs, chips, cloth, stuffing), but not the Rewin scales or crystal gems.
Also getting gender change, cooldowns, chocolate, restoration and bone venom.. not sure of anything else.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Mathcat
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mathcat »

I've gotten rewin scales from the bags.
Wishlist here

Still on AO3 as Mathcat2 - stories for Magistream, Dragon Cave, Forest of Mirrors, and Jelle's Marble Runs, plus original fiction. New stories every Tuesday and Friday during November 2023.

(Signature decorations courtesy of HopingFaith.)
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Mathcat wrote: December 11th, 2023, 11:11:47 pm I've gotten rewin scales from the bags.
I must have been full up on them.. thanks for correcting me. :)
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.

Return to “Community Discussion”