Possible site bug/glitch? I have 7 eggs?

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Fallingfeather
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Possible site bug/glitch? I have 7 eggs?

Post by Fallingfeather »

So, I noticed that the egg limit was boosted up to 6 for the halloween event. Awesome! I immediately began grabbing as many eggs as I could get my sticky little hands on. However, the site's running really slowly this morning (understandable), and so I'd open the eggs in new tabs as it'd take up to 2 minutes to see if I even got the egg or not. After I got my 6, I went back to my main tab in the keep, and noticed that one of the eggs that said I 'wasn't fast enough' for (i probably double clicked it), was actually there!

...bringing my total of eggs up to 7, not 6.

user/Fallingfeather

You can easily see it here- I have 3 mortifelis, a decessus, a vesperbat, and 2 nhirudo, for a total of 7 eggs. I don't think this is supposed to be possible... did I stumble upon a glitch, or is it supposed to be like this?
Adopted at Hidden Crossroads!
Happy with any gifts!
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Possible site bug/glitch? I have 7 eggs?

Post by MistyoC »

It is a glitch and it is requested that members who find this happening freeze the extra egg(s) above the stated limit (currently the limit is 6).
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Dragonssong43
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dragonssong43 »

good thing i found this thread. atleast ik its not just me.
ImageImageImage
Magics
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Magics »

It's happening to me, too. The stream is freezing/lagging, and it's resulting in accidental (delayed) extra eggs. I'll sometimes get the message "Failed to aquire lock on Magics-grab," then the egg(s) show up in my Keep a minute or two later. As Misty mentioned, freeze the extra egg(s) and no worries ^_^
ImageImageImageImage
(on semi-hiatus)
ImageImage Image
wispa
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by wispa »

The stream is freezing/lagging for me as well today.
10/25 Gifts, Thank you

ImageImage

*** Comfort is the Key ***
Cruellinnet
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cruellinnet »

happened to me too :/

this feels like some ***** though. Nobody's intentionally trying to cheat, but we've being punished for the site acting up?! How the hell is that fair .

hope who ever is running the Master Belmos account logs in soon cause this is some REAL unfair/glitch territory.
LunarCursed13
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunarCursed13 »

The stream is lagging for me, and I somehow got 11 eggs? I'm not sure whether I'm suppose to freeze them or hatch them.

Edit: Would it be ok if I put the eggs in a protected tab and not grow them until I hatch the first batch?

Please Click On My Eggs/Hatchlings! Thank you! <3
Thank you, HopingFaith, for this amazing signature!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

It's been addressed before when the stream did this but no, you gotta freeze the extras, otherwise it's considered exploiting a glitch, which is against the site rules.

3-site-news/200172-stream-lag.html
Meanwhile, if you end up with more than four live eggs in your Keep due to the stream lagging, please freeze any extra eggs that appear in your Keep. Knowingly using the situation to bypass the four egg limit falls under the rule of exploiting a glitch and can lead to repercussions.
So you gotta freeze till you have 6.
bigeagle
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by bigeagle »

Did have that same glitch today, had NINE eggs in my keep, had to......sadly.......freeze 3 Nhirudos............such a waste..... D: D: D: D:
MY Wishlist! Currently released Creatures prefered!

2/25 gifts The new Realese creatures would be awesome, THANK YOU ALL!

Return to “Support and Suggestions”