Faux Leopard (mist stalker x Telvian Panther)

A Damaged Beastiary
sarahjazz
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Faux Leopard (mist stalker x Telvian Panther)

Post by sarahjazz »

Well, I kinda did a description for this creature. There's quite a bit of writing here though, so I'm hoping to shorten it a bit. I just needed to get it out there. I also hope I can do up a quick artwork- even if it's just a sketch.

Faux Leopard
egg
This egg is black with silver patterned spots... Hang on, haven't you seen something like this before?...

Hatchling
Your new kitten totters around on your bed, sniffing excitedly at the world around it and heedless of its clumsy feet. You've already saved it twice from falling of the edge of the bed. You watch as it tries to pounce on a crease on your sheet and somersaults over it instead. Idly nudging it away from the edge once more, you recall the notorious skill that these felines possess- The ability to vanish into thin air and walk through solid objects as if they weren't even there. You'll have to keep a close eye on your new cat if you don't want to get an angry knock in the middle of the night from an irate cook.
Well, it should be fine for the moment. With it's current skill at moving, your cat won't be going anywhere. You'll only really have to worry about that once it can actually walk properly...

...Ah.
Where'd it go?

Faux kittens love to play hide and seek, and as kittens would often play this game, exercising their skills at hiding with other faux kittens and often disappearing for days in a never-ending game. All other hatchings refuse to join in however, having quickly learned that to challenge these cats is a futile quest as they are left stranded in the middle of a seemingly empty field; Even the most determined hatchling has long since given up hope of ever finding these kittens- Except for one rather stubborn gryphon hatchling...

Adult
A black leopard with curling white horns framing its noble head lounges regally on your bedspread and gazes at you through slitted eyes. Is that a flash of mischief in those golden eyes?
It is not uncommon for lithe, ghostly shape to emerge, slipping gracefully through the wall to stretch luxuriously in the halls before casually padding off, much to the alarm and excitement of the first years. Hearing them chatter excitedly in the corridors about the latest appearances, you cannot help the slight suspicion that the crafty feline chose that particular spot for a reason...
Even at a young age, faux Leopards are able to use their abilities to a master level- something that kits take great delight in. With a streak of mischief and a skill for getting into trouble, they seem to have made it their life's mission to get into as many places as they can- the more off-limits, the better. It is not uncommon to hear about a faux leopard being discovered where it is not meant to be, however they never seem to get punished; vanishing before their victims eyes to stare baffled at the now cat-free spot before them.

General
Due to the long standing rivalry of its kin, the faux leopard is a very rare creature to behold. The only ones that have been recorded so far are at the keep, where the rivalries aren't quite as bitter. These felines seem unaffected by these rivalries however, instead being far more interested in keeping themselves amused. Faux lynx are masters of deception. As regal and mysterious as their kin, the faux lynx has inherited both skills, and is said to be able to hide from death himself. This hasn't been proven- but it cannot be denied that they have excellent prowess at staying hidden- more ghostly than solid, they are able to hide so well that reality cannot seem to find them, allowing them to slip through solid objects with ease, resulting in many a poor villager finding one of these felines sleeping happily stretched out on their beds as easily as a house-cat- yet with their massive size (not to mention teeth) the villagers aren't to keen to sleep with this feline curled on their legs. And with their large black form and pointed horns, not many would be willing to move this kitty from its new-found sleeping place.
<3 xoxo-comel! <3
ImageImage
Image-Free Mine here in profile for gold-miners!
LTT 2 GB Sintervos hatchies for 2 GB Krampen (1 hatchie + 1 adult) PM if interested!

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”