Borean Direwolf (Borean wolf x Direwolf)

A Damaged Beastiary
JayZX535
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Borean Direwolf (Borean wolf x Direwolf)

Post by JayZX535 »

(I'm hoping this pairing is allowed-- Borean wolves can't breed yet, but it has been stated that they will be able to breed eventually, so...)

Pairing: Borean wolf x direwolf

General:
Spoiler
Larger than the average Borean wolf, but smaller than a direwolf, Borean direwolves are a result of breedings between the two species. Although most Borean direwolves are born in captivity, wild-born hybrids do occur as well. Such wild-borns are a rare occurrence, however, and usually result when lone Borean wolves make their way out of the Borean tundra and into the Silva forest. Occasionally, however, they occur when a direwolf wanders into the northern reaches. Borean direwolves are usually accepted by both species, but often cannot survive the harsh winters of Boreus due to their thinner coats. Because of this, most wild Borean direwolves reside at the edge of the tundra or in the woods. They can be a variety of colors, and uncommonly inherit albinism from their direwolf ancestors. Albino hybrids can be distinguished from those that simply have lighter fur by the distinctive pink coloration of their noses, ears, paws, and eyes. Most Borean direwolves are light in coloration, but those with dark-colored parents may inherit darker fur colors as well.
Egg:
Spoiler
This large egg is pale, and cold to the touch.
Hatchling:
Spoiler
This energetic hatchling is growing quickly, and you often find it difficult to keep it out of trouble. Anything left within its reach is chewed up the moment you turn your back, and you have to watch it carefully to make sure it doesn't play too roughly with some of the smaller creatures around the Keep. It seems to have little concept of its large size, and has bowled you over more than once in its excitement. It sheds profusely, leaving a coating of thick fur on everything it touches, and it seems to love the water, perhaps because it can escape the summer heat by jumping into the nearest pond (the Koi do not seem amused). You decide to take it for frequent romps in the forest to help burn off its excess energy, as it enjoys the shade of the woods almost as much as it likes the water.
Adult:
Spoiler
Thank goodness your Borean direwolf has calmed down as it aged! Its rambunctiousness seems restricted to the occasional wild romp through the Keep, although the sight of a massive wolf-beast pelting happily to meet you is still a little unnerving. Thankfully, it seems to have mastered the concept of stopping before it reaches you. It is quite friendly, but although it is amiable towards strangers, you notice it tends to stick around protectively nearby when you spend time in unfamiliar company. It is a very social creature, spending quite a bit of time with the direwolves and Borean wolves in the keep, as well as with other hybrids. It seems to adore children, and although this unnerved you at first due to its large size, you soon realized that it seems aware of how big it has grown and is careful not to play too roughly with those smaller than it. It has not lost its fondness for swimming, however, and often plunges into the nearest body of water with little heed or caution. A very intelligent creature, your Borean direwolf is easily trained and seems to take delight in your approval. Despite its amiable nature, however, you feel confident that the beast both a good friend and a powerful defender.
Thank you guys for the gifts! <3
Bebehs currently seeking affection please love them <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You feel eyes on your back as you enter the keep, but when you turn nothing is there. Though you see nothing, you sense deep inside that this keep is protected...

Keep shop: http://magistream.com/user/JayZX535/FOR-SALE
Aliac01
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Borean Direwolf (Borean wolf x Direwolf)

Post by Aliac01 »

You have combined two of my favorite creatures and I didn't even need to read the descriptions to know I would love it! (I still read them, but it wasn't necessary for making me love this concept)
Please help them grow!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I am also selling lots of critters, so check if there are any you would like to buy!
JayZX535
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by JayZX535 »

Aliac01 wrote:You have combined two of my favorite creatures and I didn't even need to read the descriptions to know I would love it! (I still read them, but it wasn't necessary for making me love this concept)
Ah, thank you! I'm glad you like them :3
Thank you guys for the gifts! <3
Bebehs currently seeking affection please love them <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You feel eyes on your back as you enter the keep, but when you turn nothing is there. Though you see nothing, you sense deep inside that this keep is protected...

Keep shop: http://magistream.com/user/JayZX535/FOR-SALE
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

I don't really care for this concept.
We already have like 20 different wolves, do we really need another one? Let-alone one that's just a mix of a plain wolf and a really big plain wolf?
25/25 thank you so much

Return to “February 2017 Monthly Contest”