Does anyone else get stressed out by hybrids?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
CassandraC
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Does anyone else get stressed out by hybrids?

Post by CassandraC »

By that I mean breeding or trying to breed them. If it works straight off with me then great but if it doesn't I get so stressed I feel really anxious. I do have PTSD and GAD mind you but I find it so upsetting when it doesn't work straight off. Anyone else get this bad? :t-shrug: To me its fun breeding them when it works straight off it's like YES! :woo: but if it doesn't I'm like :t-sweat:
Image"It's only when you've lost everything you're free to do anything"Image
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: Does anyone else get stressed out by hybrids?

Post by VilaWolf »

It can get extremely annoying. For instance there's one hybrid I've been going for for over a year now and I've never managed to breed.
It got to the point where I gave up on hybrids all together. Some of the breeding percent rates are just that low.

I get people want ego pets. -- just look at the posts after any event and you'll find people demanding the pet never be allowed to breed so that they can either stock up for huge mark-ups later (profiteers) or they just want something no one or few others will ever have. - well guess what? That's what the badges are for.

On the other hand, I do very much appreciate the OMG IT WORKED moment that comes when it finally does work. There's just a "balancing issue" that is very tricky when people hoard 20+ breeding sets of creatures. How to make it rare, and thus fun when it works ,for them but not impossible for the rest of us?

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Xeron
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xeron »

Takes a while, but I don't stress over it. No need to.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pok
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pok »

Applies to all pets with low breeding rates. Like citellans.
crimbo!
DarkRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarkRider »

I don't get stressed per say, but I do get annoyed when a breeding doesn't go well, especially when I have very few breeding pairs due to the pet being hard to catch in the stream. Or not enough time to catch and grow more. Plus the general frustration of the pairs I do have not breeding and having to wait 24-48hrs, to try again. (which isn't too bad but still) Lack of gold to buy more creatures and then to sell them again tends to put my tries to narrow down to the pairs I have.
ImageImage Image
Don't take artwork thanks!Avatar by Munin thank you!Tulcadhiel made Fox! Thank you!
CassandraC
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by CassandraC »

I feel you there VilaWolf!

Xeron: yousay no need to get stressed...huh...MUCH easier sad than done when you have PTSD and GAD.

Dark Rider: is is frustrating especially when you don't have enough gold but as of right now I'd rather buy hybrids than breed 'em...it's just not worth the hassle. Got enough to get stressed about. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm going for a lie down I'm in pain and tired...wake me up if anything interesting happens.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

What does having PTSD have to do with getting stressed out over creatures not breeding? Those things don't feel like he'd go hand in hand.

On that note, the only time I eve get frustrated on breeding hybrids(or things with equally low breeding rates) is if I'm trying to breed for gifts during a gifting event or to have eggs born on a certain day(i.e when I wanted Friday 13th pts, or November 11th pets). Because then everything just decides it doesn't want to breed.
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

CassandraC, I don't think Xeron was referring directly to you when they said there's no reason to get stressed. Other people are allowed to have their own opinions on breeding, and if they don't feel the same way about it as you, that's all right. Please be respectful of that.

I do find that some hybrids, or creatures in general are difficult to breed, but I don't think I've ever been stressed out by not getting what I've wanted. I'm not entirely sure why that should cause stress, unless you are breeding for someone else or have a limited time to breed a creature -- which shouldn't happen on this site. Event creatures can be limited, but I don't think we've ever had any limited breeding creatures (except for the bread creatures, perhaps). Frustration at low breeding success rates I can definitely sympathize with -- I don't know how long I've been trying to breed a black cervinus deer. :lol: I see it as more of a personal challenge, though -- I didn't promise anyone a hybrid deer, so it's something I go about in my own time.

Out of curiosity, which creatures in particular are you guys referring to when you say unsuccessful attempts cause you stress?
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
CassandraC
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by CassandraC »

Could I ask you al t pleas be respectful of my having complex, untreatable severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder....anything can trigger me off and for some unknown reason the non hybrid breeding does....that was right out of line PKGriffin to as for me to be respectful you BBKat and Xeron should be. I haven't said or done anything wrong I was merely pointing out my over reaction to unsuccessful hybrid breeds could be due to y conditions. Look a bit closer to home if you want to know who's being disrespectful. I won't tolerate unacceptable behaviour I don't care who it's coming from or what rank you are. An apology is due here.
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by PKGriffin »

CassandraC wrote:Could I ask you al t pleas be respectful of my having complex, untreatable severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder....anything can trigger me off and for some unknown reason the non hybrid breeding does....that was right out of line PKGriffin to as for me to be respectful you BBKat and Xeron should be. I haven't said or done anything wrong I was merely pointing out my over reaction to unsuccessful hybrid breeds could be due to y conditions. Look a bit closer to home if you want to know who's being disrespectful. I won't tolerate unacceptable behaviour I don't care who it's coming from or what rank you are. An apology is due here.
No one is going to apologize for being reasonable, and no one is asking you to apologize, CassandraC. If you post a thread and ask people for their opinions, expect them to give it; not everyone will agree that breeding creatures causes them stress, and their stating this is not an attack on you. I completely respect mental conditions, and I am sorry that yours affect your enjoyment of the game. However, that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. This is supposed to be a conversation about something you wanted to bring up, and as such, people will respond to the question you've posed. Their responses are not about you, they are about the topic. If you can't handle that, the thread will be locked.
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”