Earth - Autumn Golem UPDATED DRAWING

Earth and Wind creature design contest
hikariangelwings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Earth - Autumn Golem UPDATED DRAWING

Post by hikariangelwings »

Here is the basic design drawing with notes on it. The design/way I drew the stone body can be altered or changed because I am not really used to drawing figures made of stone/rock material (used to drawing people and animals not so much stone creatures lol). This is my first golem and it looks a bit weird/off and I may come back to post a resketch of the body structure later on for clarification.

The markers don't show it as well but the chest is pretty transparent with the light shining throughout it while the rest of the body is more opaque. The tail and spines on the back are made of energy and stone with different colors/tones of autumn.

Spoiler
NEW DRAWING!
Finally figured out how to draw a golem :bounce: The design of the stone body and face/head can be altered if needed to look less anthropomorphic (more rock-like), fit magistream lore, or be more unified or whatever but this is a pretty good idea about what I have in mind for the creature. The old version can also be a reference, I just wanted a better depiction of it.

It would be a very tall (and kinda bulky) creature and I had thought about drawing a small bird perched on it's hand to show it but I didn't get around to it ^^' The left arm I accidentally positioned weird and had to make it transparent/disappear so you could see the design of the tail (it would have been blocking it) but the arms are pretty much the same on both sides. The leaves on the feet can be smaller if needed to help portray the size but I didn't have the patience to draw a bunch of tiny ones. The red crystal is actually inside its chest and shines through as a portion of the chest is mostly transparent but it could also be positioned to be on the chest instead if necessary. The trees growing on the shoulders have autumn/changing leaves on them but do not necessarily have to be thick with leaves (since some are falling off). Overall I hope this gets picked if only so they can draw/design a better style of stone body then me :sweat: Golems are tricky...
Last edited by hikariangelwings on October 24th, 2014, 9:10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Life is Chaos ~
I click ALL the creatures on this page!
SB and 1st Gen Doni Sale
Quicksale! SB Herbalist and Watershop creatures too!

LTB SB ICE KITSUNE! PM ME FOR DETAILS
hikariangelwings
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Earth - Autumn Golem NEW DRAWING

Post by hikariangelwings »

Added the updated version! :wave:
~ Life is Chaos ~
I click ALL the creatures on this page!
SB and 1st Gen Doni Sale
Quicksale! SB Herbalist and Watershop creatures too!

LTB SB ICE KITSUNE! PM ME FOR DETAILS
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Earth - Autumn Golem UPDATED- DRAWING

Post by Firebird »

would be a good Ally
ImageImage
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Earth - Autumn Golem UPDATED DRAWING

Post by Reima »

Definitely could be an ally
And a neat one at that~ I like this
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here

Return to “October 2014 Monthly Contest”