Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Share your NaNo synopsis!

Post by Kestrad »

Finally finished my synopsis! I don't much like it, though :derp:

It's a ticket for the 99% out of the daily grind. Every eight years, a new president gets elected and girls are randomly selected in batches across the nation for the Presidential Chase. Girls chosen get a high, steady income and a chance at fame and influence. Successful candidates eventually appear on a nationally televised show. The public votes on which one will become the next first lady.

But the chosen girls disappear. They vanish off the face of the earth. No one knows where they are for at least a few months. Then most of the unsuccessful candidates return. Some return in a coffin.

So when Kara receives her letter in the mail, her mother forbids her to go. But money is tight, and Kara doesn't see the logic in living in the shadow of hunger when there's the opportunity for a much better life. She sneaks off to secure her spot in the Chase.

Only she finds, once she arrives, that the stakes for the Chase are much higher than she expected, her life only valued as property. Kara has much to learn, and quickly, or she might become one of the coffin girls herself.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Ricansea
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ricansea »

ooooh that sounds fun, Kestrad! Kinda reminds me of the Hunger Games but it's definitely different enough. I wanna read it :well:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by DarknessHuntress »

What exactly is NaNo??
Feel free to mine in my keep. Hatchlings
My Shop: ~The Devil's Home~

15 gifts. Thanks. Wishlist is on my profile, thanks.

Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Ricansea: Heh, well, I got the idea from some of my problems with Hunger Games (which I enjoyed enough, just upon further reflection it has some major issues), so I guess it makes sense that it would remind you of that book XD

DarknessHuntress: NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month :italian: You can find out more about it here: http://nanowrimo.org/
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

Synopsis! It isnt great, but...

Lorelei is an average kid, that no one understands.
Mom and Dad and Teachers always giving her commands
(Study more!) /shot

For real:

Over a hundred years of peace have passed since the end of the Great War. The old hatreds are finally dieing, and all is well. Or is it?

Lorelei is a young shapeshifter who's lived in the shadows of her siblings her entire life. Everyone compares them: Her parents, the teachers, the other village members. And she never measures up. Her siblings will inherit the family company-so Lorelei's just a spare.
What she needs is something that will separate her from them- something to set her apart. Everyday she wishes for the chance to prove she isn't an inferior copy of her siblings.
She gets her wish- a quest, granted by a goddess. Something evil is awakening and must be stopped. That is her quest.
Not alone, of course. Lorelei is joined by a rag-tag group, and their hijink-filled journey, with all its shenanigans, is exactly what she needs to prove she's more than copy. To prove she is a hero.

Like I said, not great, but meh. Still need a title though.
Working on collecting achievements and ahhh :t-fear:
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~Gender Trades~~
-----
DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

I joined-- this might be the (pressure) that actually gets me to buckle down and get this thing finished. --

A beast hunts through a forest that rests beside a popular road. His main prey: humans. And so, he hunts. He hunts and drags out the kill to instill terror in the hearts and minds of his prey. Those that stumble across the remains, well, let the games begin.

As time progresses, memories from his past begin to cross his mind, and so the beast begins to wonder about a man and woman that had once been in his life. He loathed them both. The woman feared him, and the man controlled him; he wanted to slaughter them both. But, their locations are unknown, and he doesn't remember anything about them. No names, no scents, nothing.

The man is searching for the woman because she fled their business and abandoned him without warning years previous. It was during the events that caused the woman to flee, that the man believed the beast had been killed. At least, he did until a (countess) and her servant survive a run-in with the beast and make it to the town he lives in. Upon hearing their story, he becomes determined to hunt down the beast and eradicate it, postponing his plans to continue his search for the woman.

Eventually, the man and beast meet each other, but the outcome is uncertain. Both are killers, and both have reasons to hate the other. Blood will be spilled, lives lost, and battles fought. The beast is on the hunt; welcome to Memories of Red Tears.

macintot
CreaturesTrade

Post by macintot »

Okay, I've officially joined NaNoWriMo. You can find me under the same username as here, in the young writer's program. Well, her goes my summary.

25 years ago, the world was almost void of crime. With "programs," or robotic superheroes, patrolling the streets, the people were safe and happy. Then the inventor of the programs was murdered. In his place rose Professor Max Karex. With an army of new programs, Karex conquered the world. The old programs, made to stop such things, were promptly destroyed.

But one program survived. While Karex terrorized the world with his army, Omega lay inactivated deep in an underground bunker. 25 years have passed since Karex took over, and Omega's auto-activate timer has run out. Omega, the last hero, has awakened.

p.s. You're guys' stories sound wonderful, too. I can't wait to read them!
You are not a failure. You are not a mistake. You are not worthless. You are not unloved. You are not disposable.
You ARE full of purpose. You ARE priceless. You ARE indispensable. You ARE loved.

DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

How do you add people?? -- my username is KellSter on there.

@ macintot -- sounds interesting & promising.

macintot
CreaturesTrade

Post by macintot »

To add writing buddies you have to find their user page and select add as buddy, and they have to agree with your request.
You are not a failure. You are not a mistake. You are not worthless. You are not unloved. You are not disposable.
You ARE full of purpose. You ARE priceless. You ARE indispensable. You ARE loved.

DarknessHuntress
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

@ macintot

Thanks... I know some people from RL that are doing this, and I was debating about adding them, but I'm not sure cause I don't talk to most of them.

Return to “Tea House”