Sabre-toothed Cats (and possibly more)

Users were given the opportunity to design a creature and have it released.
DoctorOctopus
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Sabre-toothed Cats (and possibly more)

Post by DoctorOctopus »

There may be more, but I would really love to see these implemented:

Sabre-toothed Cat:

Descriptions:

General: Sabre-toothed cats are large felines with powerful builds, sleek coats, and are most noted for their enormous canine teeth. Living most often in pairs or small prides, these cats are fearsome predators. Their keen intelligence makes them even more formidable in the wild. Living mainly in the mountains of Alasre, they are occasionally seen in less expected places such as the Etain desert. Their coat color varies with the region, and makes them nearly impossible to spot in their preferred habitats. Sabre-toothed cats are protective of their young, and it is the rare Magi who manages to obtain an egg. However, raised sabres make wonderful companions, fiercely loyal to their Magi. It is said that their shed fur may be collected and woven into cloaks that can conceal their wearer from view.

Egg: The tip of a short, furry tail is poking out of this egg.

Hatchling: This playful young cub has very large paws that it tends to trip over as it practices pouncing on the feet of unsuspecting Magi. Already it has been trained not to chew on ankles, as its very large canine teeth are already quite strong and sharp. Like any feline, it likes to play with balls of yarn, batting them around as it plays with the young manticores.

Adult: The playful young cub has matured into a proud and powerful adult. With long, gleaming fangs and a soft coat, it is a wondrous sight to behold as it pads along behind you on your daily rounds, occasionally purring as it nuzzles your hip with its muzzle. It enjoys the company of a few others of its kind, but is not fond of the Dire Wolves. Now that it is an adult, its fur is long enough to be spun into yarn and woven.

Appearances: (I’ll try to do some pics, but I don’t have a scanner at the moment and my tablet-drawing skills are a little shaky)

Physical Description: A deep, powerful chest and shoulders that slope down a little to the hindquarters. They are built like the more massive big cats- lions and tigers. The form is stocky and muscular, not slim and gangly, while giving the appearence of being lithe. The belly curves up quite sharply behind the deep chest. The tail is very short, like a bobcat's, and always has a dark tip. Paws are quite large, with retractable claws. Along the back of the adult's neck from the base of the skull to just behind the shoulders is a short, stiff mane, like a hyena's or a cheetah cub's. The head is flat and broad, with a pronounced chin that acts as a sort of 'sheath' for the canines. Ears are small, with little tufts of dark fur. The upper canine teeth protrude from the upper jaw, about the same distance as that between the tip of the nose and the bottom edge of the chin. Bright, alert eyes have a dark tear stripe like a cheetah that runs from the inner corner along the sides of the muzzle.

I would like to see a couple of colors: Spotted, Striped, and Solid. If only one colormorph is allowed, however, I would like to see the solid the most.

Eggs: All Sabre eggs are gold-brown, a little darker than the current Gryphon eggs. On the lower right, a short furry tail with a dark tip emerges (like Diego’s tail, from Ice Age)

Cub:
Pose: Laying on its right flank, looking at the viewer with its big furry paws splayed out to the viewer’s right. Its fuzzy ears do not have tufts yet, and its mane hasn't yet grown in. Its canine teeth are proportionately smaller than the adult's, while the body is more rounded and 'chubby-looking'. Paws are relatively enormous, and no claws can be seen.

Adult: Standing at a three-quarters angle, left side nearest to the viewer, left forepaw raised slightly with claws extended. Jaws slightly open as it looks to its left. Stubby tail held high. The body is stocky and powerful, looking sleek and muscular.

Coloration:

Solid: White belly, throat, and chin, with a tawny body, dark cinnamon tail tip and mane. Pink nose and bright green eyes. The ear tufts are black.

Spotted: Pale gray or white with dark rosettes like a snow leopard. Pinkish nose and green eyes. Ear-tufts, tail-tip, and mane are the same color as the rosettes

Striped: Medium gray with black, tiger-like stripes. Darker, duller pink nose and yellow eyes. Tufts, tail-tip, and mane are black.

A couple of sample pics:

Head shot showing the way the chin juts downward to support the fangs.

Showing the massive build, with the powerful forelimbs, sloping back, and the stubby tail.

Yes, this is from Ice Age, but the animators did a beautiful job with Diego. Here you can see the powerful shoulders and the short mane.
Last edited by DoctorOctopus on September 15th, 2009, 5:25:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for the gifts!
If you're gonna shorten my name, it's Doc Ock. Not DocOc.
I will buy any and all Albino Dire Wolves- any gender, stage, bred, inbred, named, whatever. Offering 2k per regular, 3k per purebred.

Image Puck is my Keep Guardian
dizzydino
CreaturesTrade

Re: Sabre-toothed Cats (and possibly more)

Post by dizzydino »

OMG!! I LOVE SABER THEETH!!! THE IDEAR IS EXALANT!!! :t-glomp:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[br]Get your own Evelon Pet Today![/center]we can has clicks?please gold mine my keep.Image[/center
XxRedxX
CreaturesTrade
Location: I would tell you, but then I would have to KILL CHOO!

Post by XxRedxX »

Wow, I would really love to see this made into a real creature here. Good job, I hope this get's picked!! :hooray:
I've had these eggs since August. PLEASE click them.
ImageImageImage
DoctorOctopus
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoctorOctopus »

Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for the gifts!
If you're gonna shorten my name, it's Doc Ock. Not DocOc.
I will buy any and all Albino Dire Wolves- any gender, stage, bred, inbred, named, whatever. Offering 2k per regular, 3k per purebred.

Image Puck is my Keep Guardian
helsinkivampiress
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by helsinkivampiress »

I actually watched something on TV the other night about these XD I love sabre tooth cats and the Diego pic included is just win :lol: I'd love to have some spotted and stiped ones (normal too of course)
Lenalee96
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Lenalee96 »

WOW!!!! ITS TOTALY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Muirgen
CreaturesTrade

Post by Muirgen »

I would also like to see these made into creatures. =)
KittyWitch
CreaturesTrade

Post by KittyWitch »

Wow, I hope they can make one! This is a great idea, I'd love to see these in the stream!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Design a Creature Contest”