July Donation Pets: Cinder and Tempest Storm Steeds

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShaiNeko
Site Moderator
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

July Donation Pets: Cinder and Tempest Storm Steeds

Post by ShaiNeko »

3 shard
Cinder Storm Steed

Hatchling Image
Adult Image
Egg Description:
Spoiler
Strange clouds hang over this dark egg.

Hatchling Description:
Spoiler
These hatchlings spurn human contact, and prefer to mingle with their own kind. Should any other animal approach and wish to play, the young storm steed will snub them and run off. If the antagonizer continues to taunt one of these foals, they will receive a small shock in warning. Although young storms steeds cannot fully control this power, they must still be taught not to use it against humans, as it can be quite dangerous. It is also important for a magi to establish a strong bond, lest the horse become too wild and never return. Even young foals are eager to leave the castle, and as soon as they are able, they leave The Keep altogether, and travel with their herds.

Adult Description:
Spoiler
Adult storm steeds are rarely seen at the castle. They are most willful companions, and prefer to adventure, rather than remain in the fields set aside for them. Although storm steeds are seldom seen, they do not dislike humans, and will offer aid in times of need. At times of drought or high heat, a herd of storm steeds will sweep across the land, bringing rain behind them and reviving crops. Wherever this rain falls, plants spring back to life and the ground becomes rich and dark. Even young storm steeds can create these rains, and their powers grow stronger as they age. The rain conjured by adult storm steeds also grows lush grass in a matter of moments, which is quickly devoured by the horses. Should any other animal consume the grass, and they will be able to move at great speeds for an hour or so, and sometimes even create a few lightning bolts. Anyone struck by it is rendered unconscious for up to a full day, and it takes a long while for them to fully recuperate. It is the tempest storm steeds that are able to produce lightning, while cinder storm steeds produce heavier rains. Cinder storm steeds are more friendly, and can easily be distinguished from the others due to their light crimson manes. These manes are most peculiar, as they are formed from clouds. Should one try to stroke it, their hand will simply pass through.

General Description:
Spoiler
It is rare to see one of these horses around the castle; they roam far and wide, and are not fond of other companions, even other horses. They are proud creatures, and respond only to their magi, but are tentative even then. It is said that storm steeds come from the lands to the south, where few dare to venture. The lands there are sweltering and barren, too difficult for humans to survive. Peculiar storms often spring up, with lightning scorching the earth and darkness falling before its proper time. These horses can sometimes be seen frolicking in such storms, and despite the danger, suffer no harm. Finding a wild storm steed is a task easier said than done, for they do not wish to be found, and are seen from the edges of the Arkene all the way to the southernmost reaches of Voltar. At the slightest glimpse of a human, a storm steed gallops off, at a speed that rivals that of the wind. Behind them, the weather turns foul, and sudden downpours appear. These companions are able to call rain down around them, the storm springing up from nowhere and lasting for a short while. Should one try to pursue the storm steed further, and the rain becomes worse, falling hard enough to sting the skin and making it impossible to see. Tempest storm steeds can even summon lightning powerful enough to scorch the earth and stun any enemy. Only a few people have been stung by these bolts, and though they have lived to tell the tale, were weak for many moons afterwards.

5 shard
Tempest Storm Steed

Female Hatchling Image Male Hatchling Image
Female Adult Image Male Adult Image
Egg Description:
Spoiler
The silver shell of this egg is shrouded by strange, shifting clouds.

Hatchling Description:
Spoiler
These hatchlings spurn human contact, and prefer to mingle with their own kind. Should any other animal approach and wish to play, the young storm steed will snub them and run off. If the antagonizer continues to taunt one of these foals, they will receive a small shock in warning. Although young storms steeds cannot fully control this power, they must still be taught not to use it against humans, as it can be quite dangerous. It is also important for a magi to establish a strong bond, lest the horse become too wild and never return. Even young foals are eager to leave the castle, and as soon as they are able, they leave The Keep altogether, and travel with their herds.

Adult Description:
Spoiler
Adult storm steeds are rarely seen at the castle. They are most willful companions, and prefer to adventure, rather than remain in the fields set aside for them. Although storm steeds are seldom seen, they do not dislike humans, and will offer aid in times of need. At times of drought or high heat, a herd of storm steeds will sweep across the land, bringing rain behind them and reviving crops. Wherever this rain falls, plants spring back to life and the ground becomes rich and dark. Even young storm steeds can create these rains, and their powers grow stronger as they age. The rain conjured by adult storm steeds also grows lush grass in a matter of moments, which is quickly devoured by the horses. Should any other animal consume the grass, and they will be able to move at great speeds for an hour or so, and sometimes even create a few lightning bolts. Anyone struck by it is rendered unconscious for up to a full day, and it takes a long while for them to fully recuperate. It is the tempest storm steeds that are able to produce lightning, while cinder storm steeds produce heavier rains. Cinder storm steeds are more friendly, and can easily be distinguished from the others due to their light crimson manes. These manes are most peculiar, as they are formed from clouds. Should one try to stroke it, their hand will simply pass through.

General Description:
Spoiler
It is rare to see one of these horses around the castle; they roam far and wide, and are not fond of other companions, even other horses. They are proud creatures, and respond only to their magi, but are tentative even then. It is said that storm steeds come from the lands to the south, where few dare to venture. The lands there are sweltering and barren, too difficult for humans to survive. Peculiar storms often spring up, with lightning scorching the earth and darkness falling before its proper time. These horses can sometimes be seen frolicking in such storms, and despite the danger, suffer no harm. Finding a wild storm steed is a task easier said than done, for they do not wish to be found, and are seen from the edges of the Arkene all the way to the southernmost reaches of Voltar. At the slightest glimpse of a human, a storm steed gallops off, at a speed that rivals that of the wind. Behind them, the weather turns foul, and sudden downpours appear. These companions are able to call rain down around them, the storm springing up from nowhere and lasting for a short while. Should one try to pursue the storm steed further, and the rain becomes worse, falling hard enough to sting the skin and making it impossible to see. Tempest storm steeds can even summon lightning powerful enough to scorch the earth and stun any enemy. Only a few people have been stung by these bolts, and though they have lived to tell the tale, were weak for many moons afterwards.

Glasswalker is the artist and Damien wrote the descriptions.
ImageImage :t--.-:
ZinV
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Re: July Donation Pets

Post by ZinV »

Winged Elephants.
Feel Free to PM me with breed requests for creatures in my keep. I've got Bunnies and Rays and lots of fun critters! :D
I'm usually looking for unrelated bunnies....

ImageImageImageImage
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

ZinV wrote:Winged Elephants.
This. XD

Anything, really-- I love the work artists put into their sprites. :3
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage
Martha
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Martha »

I'm not sure what I'd like to see.. but please.. not bugs. .3.' July is my birthday month (July 2nd). I plan to get the dining on my birthday, even if I don't really like it. XD
Maybe something aquatic~
ImageImage
NepetaLeijon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by NepetaLeijon »

Not sure what I want. I asked for cats and cats I recieved, maybe another obscure mythical creature?
0/25
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist
Spoiler
Cats please!
Any new or previous event pets!
Any BM recolors!
(Alasre Peryton)
<3

Creatures in my For Sale and Display tab are for sale or trade, make me an offer!
Freerunner
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Freerunner »

Hmm not sure what i want either :derp: I want something colourful and bright but not an insect or but or amphibian, something that you don't expect to be colourful. Mythical or random made up creatures would also be nice, not a combination of anything. That's too boring.
ImageImageImageImage
Martha
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Martha »

SilverTabbyCat wrote:Not sure what I want. I asked for cats and cats I recieved, maybe another obscure mythical creature?
Obscure mythical creature sounds nice~ ^^ To be honest, I'd love to see a odd hybred/made up creature that's colorful. But I still can't think of what exactly. -w- I should be asleep now.. but nope. XD
ImageImage
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Giant Squid?
bebbies:

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

Destrauxe
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Destrauxe »

Shadow Friesian
Glass Friesian
Shadow Dragon
Glass Dragon
Stained Glass Friesian
Stained Glass Dragon
Something with a bunch of fireflies around it
NepetaLeijon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by NepetaLeijon »

TheTreeTurtle wrote:Giant Squid?
Don't we already have those? Krakens are giant squid, essentially. I think.

I'm going to explore some mythology for ideas, I'm thinking something Norse.
0/25
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist
Spoiler
Cats please!
Any new or previous event pets!
Any BM recolors!
(Alasre Peryton)
<3

Creatures in my For Sale and Display tab are for sale or trade, make me an offer!

Return to “Community Discussion”