Creatures #286-91: Duckits!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Creatures #286-91: Duckits!

Post by randomname »

The Duckit--six different kinds! The artist is DarrkestDrow, Damien wrote the description, and Morgaln named these creatures. According to Tristan in the chatroom, they'll be in the stream for a few days.

Update: Tristan says they'll be around until Friday!

There are six eggs, five hatchling sprites (the ones from the orange eggs only have different M/F eye color), and twelve adult sprites.
SeaCrest wrote:All six egg images (in order from 286-291, I checked):

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Several bright designs adorn the shell of this white egg."
Image Image Image Image

"This yellow egg has several orange stripes and a single jagged green stripe."
Image Image Image Image

"Many diagonal yellow stripes embellish the shell of this orange egg."
For this Duckit hatchling: Female has green eyes and the male has blue eyes
Image Image Image | ImageImage

"This brown egg is decorated with pretty white designs."
Image Image Image Image

"Various stripes and designs grace the shell of this light blue egg."
Image Image Image Image

"This pretty teal egg has a few white stripes on its shell, as well as a lighter green stripe."
Image Image Image Image

Hatchling Description:
Spoiler
Despite looking rather strange, duckit hatchlings are warmly welcomed by other hatchlings. With their seemingly boundless energy, these little ones are immersed in games from sunup to sundown. The only breaks they take are for quick snacks to refuel – either a handful of corn, some bugs, or a bit of grass. When duckit hatchlings have finally worn themselves out, they either settle down in a nest by the Lake, or follow another hatchling home and share their bed. They are equally friendly towards humans, and often try to follow strangers home, begging for treats.
Adult Description:
Spoiler
Duckits reach adulthood more rapidly than most companions, and are slightly larger than mundane rabbits. While hatchlings practice making nests for fun, adults take the job very seriously. Their homes are quite unlike other creatures, and are considered very beautiful. When one is noticeably empty, a magi will often recover it and use it as decoration, filling it with pretty painted eggs. Duckits create these nests by weaving straw and grasses together most skillfully, much like a basket. While these nests are usually placed near the Lake, there are some duckits who prefer creating burrows, and hiding their nests underground. Unlike other companions, duckits welcome all who wander near their homes, and proudly show off their eggs and hatchlings in a friendly manner. Whether their genial natures are accidental or planned, no one is sure. Whoever created these strange creatures must have been a powerful individual, for they gave them powers as well, a difficult feat. There are many discussions over whom could have made these creatures, and curious students often try to read old tomes and figure out the person's identity. No has yet discovered the magi, though the commoners are thankful to the person. Duckits are able to tell when land is sickened, be it through drought or over farming, and correct the problem. Water is pulled up from below to enrich barren ground, and leached away from flooded areas. In return for their help, villagers allow duckits to munch on their carrots without chasing them away. If children offer them corn, a whole group of duckits will usually come running. These creatures come in many, many colors. There are magi who love them so that they have one of each variation. Everyone has their own favorite color duckits, and it's noted that many of them take their colorations from both rabbits and ducks.
General Description:
Spoiler
These are some of the strangest looking creatures. While it's clear that most companions have come into their magic naturally, the opposite is true for duckits. No one is sure how or why these animals came into being, but whoever made them obviously felt affection towards both rabbits and ducks. Most magically created animals have horrible tempers or are unable to breed, as messing with the natural flow of the universe is tricky business. These animals, though, show none of those traits. Interestingly enough, these companions seem not to notice how bizarre they look, and get along well with almost every companion at The Keep. Even those put off by their odd appearances grow to enjoy duckits as they come to appreciate their personalities. These are friendly, energetic beasts, and are quite prolific in the spring. Their growing popularity as companions can be attributed to how easily they form bonds with their magi, and how they take it upon themselves to entertain wailing hatchlings. They usually appear when the weather turns sunnier, and the days begin to grow longer. The presence of duckits are a sure sign that spring is well underway, and everyone is pleased to see them appear.
Last edited by randomname on April 10th, 2012, 2:16:02 pm, edited 53 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NepetaLeijon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Creatures #286-87

Post by NepetaLeijon »

:woo:
Tristan heard my song!
0/25
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist
Spoiler
Cats please!
Any new or previous event pets!
Any BM recolors!
(Alasre Peryton)
<3

Creatures in my For Sale and Display tab are for sale or trade, make me an offer!
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Just saw that the counter went up. Cool.
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Easter treats :hooray: :hooray:
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Not in the shop

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
randomname
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by randomname »

Don't see a new quest, could it be a hybrid?
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SeaCrest
CreaturesTrade

Post by SeaCrest »

Merp, ninja'd by randomname, not a quest.

*sits in front of stream*
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Ooooo...I checked around here earlier and saw nothing and was going to go to bed early, I wasn't expecting this to happen till morning...but yay...early easter goodness :bounce:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
SweetDreams
CreaturesTrade

Post by SweetDreams »

Just went up to 291!!
NepetaLeijon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by NepetaLeijon »

291 NOW! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
0/25
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist
Spoiler
Cats please!
Any new or previous event pets!
Any BM recolors!
(Alasre Peryton)
<3

Creatures in my For Sale and Display tab are for sale or trade, make me an offer!

Return to “Community Discussion”