Your Sleeping Habits

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Bunny
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Your Sleeping Habits

Post by Bunny »

1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day?
4-16 hours
2. What time do you usually try to go to sleep?
2-5am
3. Do you sleep during the day or the night?
technically during the day
4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up?
wash my face
5. How were your sleep patterns as a child before becoming a teenager?
terrible
6. How were your sleep patterns as a teenager?
terrible
7. How were your sleep patterns as a young adult?*
terrible
8. How were your sleep patterns as a middle aged adult?*
terrible
9. How are your sleep patterns now?
terrible
10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect)
a mattress on the ground
11. Do you have to sleep in a certain position?
literally every position possible
12. How well do you normally sleep?
terribly
13. What things do you do when you get up after sleeping?
water and coffee

i find myself unable to fall asleep successfully most nights and as result lay there for 1-3 hours before i can really fall asleep. typically i end up watching anime for a few hours to tire myself out before i can really drift off into sleep.
ImageImage
Laika
CreaturesTrade

Post by Laika »

Average 10 hours

Around midnight if I have to be up before noon...otherwise, between 1-3am.

Late morning-early afternoon

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up?
Not really. I use to brush my teeth every night and morning, but the past few years, my patterns are so bad, I tire myself out to the point of just passing out at night and forgetting nightly rituals. At least I don't sleep in jeans anymore...lol.

Normal. Bed around 9pm every night. My dad rare allowed sleeping in, so I was always up before 10 or 11am at the latest.

Awful. Moved with my mother who gave me complete freedom (just didn't care). Pulled all nighters and learned the hard way until around high school when I started becoming more responsible with my time.

Slightly worse. Played WoW, worked at a movie theater, partied. I slept at sunrise until about 1-2pm. Unless I was out drinking and passed out around 3-4am. Oh boy..

Middle aged? I'm 26 does that count? Slightly irresponsible because I've been moving jobs and now I recently left my husband and am in the middle of adjusting to a new state and finding a good job. ._.

^ See above

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect)
Crappy hand-me-down from my roommate's other roommate. Twin bed. Broken in mattress. Cat doesn't even like sleeping with me anymore. :c

On my back with my hands folded across my stomach. Practicing for my funeral or something, idk.

Depends. Pretty sound, I'd assume. Dream a lot.

Morning pee. Coffee (roommate made me relapse). Poke around on the internet until I muster up energy to do anything else. Yay, depression. :t-sleep:

*IF these apply to you
SunsetShimmer
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by SunsetShimmer »

If I have a day off (like the weekends), I usually don't get a full sleep cycle. I usually take naps throughout the day/night.

Usually to give myself 7-8 hours before I know I need to be up for work. Sometimes I go to bed earlier if I' more tired.

During the day, since I work the graveyard shift.

Just make sure my alarm is set. I'll also take Tylenol PM if I don't feel good/have body aches from work/don't feel tired enough to fall asleep on my own.

I used to sleep whenever my Mom would tell me to. I'd usually wake up early in the mornings.

I wanted to stay awake all the time and never get up in the morning.

Right now... they're not bad. Sometimes I get aches/really tired after work and come home and crash. Other times I sleep a few hours then I'm awake, or I'll sleep for 12 hours. It depends how busy work was the night before.

N/A

See above. =P

I dunno the brand but it was originally a pop-up bed that we would lower and could slide under the old day bed we had. We moved apartments and the daybed itself was too big to get out of the room, so we had to leave it. The pop up bed is suuuuper comfy though! I dunno if it's cause of the mattress or not, but it's really soft and amazing. My sister had her mattress on a box spring and it's hard as a rock. I hate it. x_x I also only sleep with one king size pillow, whereas I used to sleep with two regular sized ones. Anymore than one pillow under my head gives me neck pains when I wake up. I also have way too many stuffed animals in bed with me. XD

On my side. :D It's the most comfy. My back hurts if I lay on it and same with my stomach.

Usually like a dead log. :D But I can be a light sleeper too, so any noise wakes me up. Which is why I need to sleep with my fan on; the noise from that lulls me to sleep and blocks out any other noise my family might be making, that would normally wake me up. It also has to be chilly in the room. I absolutely cannot sleep when it's hot or warm in the room. Or if it's light. It has to be dark, which is why I have layers of sheets/blankets over my window, in place of curtains. XD

On work days, I'll shower and get ready for work. On days off, I'll use the bathroom then jump on the computer. XD
narunii
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by narunii »

It changes. Sometimes I'll get 4 hours a night and sometimes I'll be passed out for over 12 hours.

Whenever I get tired. :lol: It's usually within the range of 10pm-2am lately though, somewhere around in that gap.

Depends on when I'm tired and if I need to be awake for anything. But I'd say a little of both.

Not really. I usually read a few chapters of my current book before I go to sleep, and the first thing I do when I wake up is go to the bathroom.

Pretty much just go to bed when my parents told me to, and wake up when they told me to get ready for school.

Haaaaah. In high school, I would stay up all night, go to school, then come home and sleep in the afternoon and wake up around 10 or 11pm. Rinse and repeat.

All over the place. Sometimes it's fairly normal, wake up in the morning, go to sleep before midnight. Sometimes I stay up all night and sleep half the day away. Sometimes I just take 2 or 3 naps in a day instead of a full-on sleep. It's never the same for more than a few days at a time.

I'm not there yet.

See the young adult answer. :lol:

Uh... I'm not 100% sure. I mean, it's pretty soft, I guess. And really big. And I sleep with one pillow and it's usually pretty flat.

Most of the time I'm curled up on one side or the other. Sometimes on my stomach. Very rarely do I lay on my back. Sometimes I have my arms shoved up under the pillow and other times I have them sort of crossed over my chest like a dead person at a funeral.

Meh. Sometimes I get insomnia and don't sleep very well at all. Other times you'd be hard pressed to wake me up. For the most part, though, I'm a fairly light sleeper, but not so light that every noise wakes me up. Like, if someone is vacuuming the house or something, that won't really bother me, but if I hear an alarm or a text on my phone, I'll wake up.

Go to the bathroom, brush my hair, find something to eat, get on the computer. That's usually the order. XD If I'm going somewhere I'll shower and get dressed.
ham68
CreaturesTrade

Post by ham68 »

Usually around 4-6 hours
Mod edit: Eggspam removed.

In the hall of speakers, answers are expected to be longer than one line. Please read over the rules of the hall of speakers.
Darkfur
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Darkfur »

1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day?......It varies. Right now I have been up since 11am yesterday. Some days I might get a couple of hours, some days 10. I have an immune disorder and when it rears it's ugly head I have to listen to my body and rest..sometimes I wind up falling asleep without any intention to.

2. What time do you usually try to go to sleep? Because I have two teenagers in high school now I try to go to sleep no later than 10pm. My youngest teen has a real hard time going to sleep at night, and in turn, a hard time getting up in the morning...so I have to basically keep two people standing and on their feet of the morning until they get on the bus and off to school.

3. Do you sleep during the day or the night? Both. I can "fall out" just as easily during the day as the evening. Although I much prefer evening hours. I live in North Carolina and the humidity alone can suck it out of you..and then you add in high temps..not fun...and doesn't help my immune disorder any. Heat and humidity seem to be big triggers (along with stress) for my disorder and cause exhausting flare ups.

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up? No, nothing absolute. Well..going to the bathroom. Cause it's such a pain to get all comfy and then your bladder go "Nope..I think not little lady! Bahahahaha!" :srsly:

5. How were your sleep patterns as a child before becoming a teenager? Constantly had my nights and days mixed up, according to my mother. But I would sleep a solid 7 hours or so and would wake up feeling fine.

6. How were your sleep patterns as a teenager? HaHA! Sleep...we don't need no stinkin' sleep! LOL School time was different...HAD to go to bed at a certain time lest my mother come in and nail me to the bed! lol But summer was a different story. Ah being 13 and bingeing on a 3 day run of Super Mario Bros or Contra..fond memories. lol Course I would wind up sleeping all day the next day, usually til the dawn of the next day. But other than that, unless I was sick I would sleep fairly well.

7. How were your sleep patterns as a young adult?* Again..what is sleep? lol I had my first child at 19, almost 20...and breastfed...so every two to three hours I was getting up feeding and then back down again. That went on until the transition to more solid foods. But when we had our time "out", it didn't matter if I hadn't slept in hours, I was going to take the opportunity to get out of the house and do something. If my MIL offered to babysit I had to jump on it when it was offered cause the offer might not be there 2 hours from then.

8. How were your sleep patterns as a middle aged adult?* Now..it's all over the place. I try to pay attention to my body and rest when it tells me...even if it is in the middle of the day. Sometimes I'll sleep for more than 8 hours, sometimes only a couple, just really depends on how hard my immune system disorder is working on me that day.

9. How are your sleep patterns now? Again, all over the place. lol

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect) Pillowtop California King mattress on the floor (I'm short..and with my health issue it actually makes it easier for me to get up off the bed). I like medium..or in between firm and soft..firm pushes on trigger points all up and down my back and shoulders and hips and if I do sleep I feel like I have been beat with a baseball bat when I get up. Also I sleep with a lot of pillows, pillows for my head, pillow for between my knees, extra pillows in case I need to prop my arms up if my medical issues are dragging on me. And it's uncomfortable for me to lay flat on my back or side without pillows. Apparently I am also a "wall crawler" according to my husband of almost 20 years..lol...and I guess after putting up with me THAT long I guess he would know.

11. Do you have to sleep in a certain position? On my right side or on my stomach. Don't ask how being a stomach sleeper with ten tons of pillows for their head works out...especially with 40% of my lower back welded into place where they no longer move...but apparently it works out ok. I've only woken up feeling "kinked up" a handful of times.

12. How well do you normally sleep? Really depends on whether I am in a non-flare stage, flare stage, or just gearing up flare stage. Non flare I sleep fairly well, although I wake up feeling like I haven't exactly rested...even with what would be considered "adequate sleep". Flare stage and gearing up are a pita though...I don't rest well at all then and wake up feeling like I never went to sleep or like I have been up for days on end and can easily fall back asleep..although whether I STAY asleep is another matter.

13. What things do you do when you get up after sleeping? Again depends on my medical. If it is a decent day..I get up and shower and eat and try to get as much done around the house as I can before I start to tire out again and have to rest a little. Gearing up flare or full on flare stage, I'm lucky to use the bathroom, get some food on my stomach as quick as possible so I can take my pain meds and beg for the next hour for the pain to ease off enough for me not to lose my mind. If it helps enough I try to get up and do what I can as I can. I had to learn the hard way to pay attention to the signals my body was putting out and rest when I felt a real need.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Either way we love them, and that cannot be changed, but we must not sentence ourselves to stumble in the darkness with them.
Toucannon
CreaturesTrade

Post by Toucannon »

Anywhere between 2-7 hours tbh haha

I don't really try to go to sleep I just sleep when I sleep
I usually go to my room at night around 11 though but I almost never actually sleep around that time

Night

My phone in case I wake up and can't get back to sleep at any time throughout the night
I can use it to mess around until I'm tired again

I don't remember honestly
I slept more than this though probably

Nonexistant
Refer to above :v

A mattress with no sheets or pillow, just a blanket
I wish I had a pillow though

On my side usually but sometimes on my back

I'm a pretty light sleeper and wake up to a bunch of dif stuff

ehh
usually just get up and get on the computer
sometimes I don't even get up though
Zinni
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Zinni »

I usually try to sleep a minimum of 8 - 9 hours. I can't really sleep past 10 hours, or I get really random backaches. My mattress is pretty old but I only get backaches like that if I sleep for too long. Otherwise, it's super comfy.

It depends how tired I am after work, usually. I try not to go to sleep too early, because that just means I'll wake up early and get tired earlier, later on. I try to be in bed by between 1 PM - 2 PM, 3 PM at the latest.

I sleep during the day, since I work the graveyard shift, which is 11 PM - 7 AM.

Not really. I usually use to restroom beforehand, since I hate getting up from sleeping just to pee. xD I also try to remember to refill my humidifier, as the air in the hot weather (even with the AC on) gets really dry and I tend to wake up with coughing fits if I don't have it on while I sleep. Same thing for the Winter time, too. Also, I need to have the fan on when I sleep. The noise of it really helps me fall asleep. And I tend to sleep best when it's chilly in the room and dark. I cannot sleep with any kind of light on. x_x

As a child, I slept at night a never took a nap. Now that I'm older, I love napping. xD Sometimes I'll get bored and just nap for an hour or so.

My sleep as a teenager was very on point. In bed by 10, up at 7:30 for school. I have my Mom to thank for that.

I guess I'm still a young adult now? xD I consider myself to be, anyway. My sleep patterns are alright now, I suppose. I hate feeling tired and sluggish at work, so I try to get as much sleep as I can beforehand. On the weekends however, I don't really sleep a full sleep. I tend to take a lot of naps instead.

N/A

My sleep patterns now are aright on weekdays, since I'm on a schedule. I always try to turn off the PC/TV/Games at least an hour before sleeping. I always read a little while I'm in bed too. My body seems to now associate reading with sleeping. Whenever I read, I automatically get drowsy. xD

My bed itself is super soft. I can't really stand hard beds. x_x It's a twin size bed, since I have a tiny bedroom. I have one of those large pillows and only need the one to sleep on. More than one pillow makes me wake up with neck pains. I also sleep with my comforter, sometimes just a fleece blanket (usually just the blanket if I plan to nap and not all out sleep). I have tons of plushies too... they're all around my room but my bed has the most of them. xD

Always on my side. I can't sleep on my back or stomach at all. I have to sleep on either side.

Usually pretty well. I sometimes get insomnia, which I'm not sure why. Or sometimes I get those nights where my brain won't turn off and keeps thinking about everything under the sun. A while ago, I had about a week or two where I relied on Tylenol PM to help me fall asleep. Not sure why, but I just could not fall asleep. It's better now, thankfully.

When I get up, if I have to work that night, I usually shower right away and get ready for work. If it's the weekend, I try to sleep longer and if I really can't, I'll either read a little bit in bed or get up and get on the computer.

*IF these apply to you

Very interesting topic! I love to sleep and some days, I feel like I could literally spend the entire day in bed. <3
kuramalover4ever
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by kuramalover4ever »

1. How often do you think you sleep every night/day? 15 hours i thinks, if not a little less the 12hrs

2. What time do you usually try to go to sleep? 10pm

3. Do you sleep during the day or the night? both

4. Do you have any things you absolutely need to do before going to sleep and when you wake up?my kurama doll, my pokemon blankets and my pillows thats right i love my blind kurama doll and i will never part with him...even if my mom thinks of it as chuckie xD

5. How were your sleep patterns as a child before becoming a teenager?used to fuss cause i wanted to play but normally i slept like a rock xD

6. How were your sleep patterns as a teenager?slept like a rock

7. How were your sleep patterns as a young adult?*i slept like a rock

8. How were your sleep patterns as a middle aged adult?* i am only 25 right now hahaha so still funky

9. How are your sleep patterns now?its been rather bad, sleeping during the day up at night...gotta fix that... its all over the place

10. What kind of bed do you sleep on? (i.e. brand, firm/softness, pillows or whatnot, ect) have to have a long pillow and i always sleep on two, the third pillow goes under my arm ^^ I likes to cuddle <3

11. Do you have to sleep in a certain position?no

12. How well do you normally sleep?very well

13. What things do you do when you get up after sleeping?play online or video games, eat, talk with mom, watch tv....

*IF these apply to you
6/25 presents

lending out creatures for ice fox quest pm me.
ImageImageImageImage

codes for nice :t-ninja:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210505][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210505.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210514][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210514.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210492][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210492.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210498][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210498.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210499][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210499.gif[/img][/url][url=http://magistream.com/creature/9210520][img]http://magistream.com/img/9210520.gif[/img][/url]
my shop
http://magistream.com/46-waynal/214666- ... duced.html
FluffyRobi
CreaturesTrade

Post by FluffyRobi »

2-6 hours

3 am

a little bit of both? i nap a lot

nothing really before i go to sleep.. but when i wake up i need to check my phone. anxiety-caused habit lmao

around the same, i just slept a bit more

little sleep.

i dont really sleep that often???

i sleep on a soft, GIANT mattress.

i can sleep spooning someone or on my front. i cant sleep on my back

ehehehhhhhhh

i almost always eat something right after i wake up

i dislike sleeping because of anxiety so i really only sleep for about 3 hours a night
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
[ and im a creature of a culture that i create ]

Return to “Hall of Speakers”